SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF Kymco Downtown 125/200/300/350i Cafe 2013

hjxfabio

• Replies 6.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...

Hi can add me in the wassap group. Tq

Looking at kymco bikes.

RXZ125 / CBR400RR(hurricane)

Super4(Version S) / RXZ125

CBR954RR / ST1100Y(Sold on 24/01/2006 'history')

Super4 FQ(Version S sold on 08/05/2006 'history')

Hayabusa K2(OTR 08/05/2006-sold on jan'08 'history')

Suzuki Intruder (Aug2011 - Sept 2011)

Honda CBF (Sept2011 - Current)

Honda Varadero (08122012 - April 2014)

:thumb:

Hi all,

I am new to scooters. I intend to downgrade my tourer to smaller bike. The following are my consideration,

1. Reliability (Most impt)

2. Able to squeeze traffic well

3. Economical FC

4. Spare part affordability (least impt)

So after looking around forums, I think most of the scooters similar. I narrowed some models for consideration,

1. Suzuki Burgmans 200/400

2. Honda PCX 150

3. SYM gts 300i

4. Kymco Downtown 300i (whats the fuel consumption like, easy to get parts etc?)

5. Kymco Xciting 400

6. Adiva AD300

Can anyone offer me some suggestions pls? Sorry if the question being ask so many times.

Edited by DiabloXIII

Don't know about the rest.

Since I ride a DT300 I can only feed back about DT3 (Downtown300).

Reliability so far so good for 3 years 5mths. Always wack full speed once up north. Hopefully can last until COE finish.

The only bike I can't beat so far in squeezing traffic is kup chai.

It feels big so you need time to get use to it.

For me I get 25km/L

Others are getting between 25km/L to 30km/L depending on distance, weight, traffic, road condition, oil used, petrol used and etc...

Spare parts so far only change belt and rollers and pads and rectifier and battery and variator and some minor stuff I can't remember.

I would say spares are well stock even body plastics.

Support is very good so far from agent Motorsport.

AD3 using same engine as DT3 other then that all different.

Just my opinion.

Do do your home work and choose the one you like most.

That's good to hear. 25km/l for a 2A bike. That's quite good. Still torn betw. a 200 and a 300. Old already, don't think need a powerful bike. Then again, powerful bike more shiok to ride. Would like to hear from experienced 200 and 300/400 scooter riders.

Don't know about the rest.

Since I ride a DT300 I can only feed back about DT3 (Downtown300).

Reliability so far so good for 3 years 5mths. Always wack full speed once up north. Hopefully can last until COE finish.

The only bike I can't beat so far in squeezing traffic is kup chai.

It feels big so you need time to get use to it.

For me I get 25km/L

Others are getting between 25km/L to 30km/L depending on distance, weight, traffic, road condition, oil used, petrol used and etc...

Spare parts so far only change belt and rollers and pads and rectifier and battery and variator and some minor stuff I can't remember.

I would say spares are well stock even body plastics.

Support is very good so far from agent Motorsport.

AD3 using same engine as DT3 other then that all different.

Just my opinion.

Do do your home work and choose the one you like most.

hi guys, i'm looking to buy a kymco 300 bike. anyone knows the diff between downtown 300 and xciting 300? which one will be better?

Go and meetup with the Kymco riders. They have Xciting DT Myroads. You can talk to individual owners they can give you feedback. Who knows through these conversation you may know some good deals.

Bi-Weekly Meet Up

Details as follows:

Date : 13/02/2015, Friday

Location : LC Food Court, 369 Tanjong Katong Rd Singapore 437126

Time : 2000hrs onwards

🐾 All are welcome to join regardless what bike or scooter you are riding......

hi guys, i'm looking to buy a kymco 300 bike. anyone knows the diff between downtown 300 and xciting 300? which one will be better?

Go and meetup with the Kymco riders. They have Xciting DT Myroads. You can talk to individual owners they can give you feedback. Who knows through these conversation you may know some good deals.

Bi-Weekly Meet Up

Details as follows:

Date : 13/02/2015, Friday

Location : LC Food Court, 369 Tanjong Katong Rd Singapore 437126

Time : 2000hrs onwards

🐾 All are welcome to join regardless what bike or scooter you are riding......

I've been riding a used sep12 DT300 since mid last year. I travel to 60km almost daily, usually rev around 5k rpm and been getting approx 30km/L. One main complain I have is with the vibration, especially when moving off. Still trying to get used to this...

I also replaced with a new belt shortly after I took over. Now the belt has almost 10k mileage.. Odd thing was that during my last servicing, the mechanic was commenting that my belt looks worn and need to replace soon.. Read one of the earlier posts and understood that it suppose to last at least 20k?

Just last week, I went to replace my battery as the battery light was coming on and getting hard to start the bike. After some diagnosis at the workshop, turns out that the coil was not working and had to change that too and had to leave it at the workshop for a day.. Total damage for coil, battery and misc come up to $400+ !! Any of the bros here had trouble with the coil too? I was told it may need to be replaced again with a year or two...

That's good to hear. 25km/l for a 2A bike. That's quite good. Still torn betw. a 200 and a 300. Old already, don't think need a powerful bike. Then again, powerful bike more shiok to ride. Would like to hear from experienced 200 and 300/400 scooter riders.

If you have a class 2a license, i would personally recommend a 400cc because of the following reasons.

1. re-sale value of a 400cc is better and much easier to sell.

2. the power of a 400cc is sufficient for local and Malaysia rides.

3. safer : has the power to escape from near misses when u need it.

4. 400cc comes with abs too. A very useful tool

Do search for "Kymco Sg" in facebook and give us a "Like"

If you have a class 2a license, i would personally recommend a 400cc because of the following reasons.

1. re-sale value of a 400cc is better and much easier to sell.

2. the power of a 400cc is sufficient for local and Malaysia rides.

3. safer : has the power to escape from near misses when u need it.

4. 400cc comes with abs too. A very useful tool

Thanks, will surely heed your advice. Taking class 2A now...so still got some time to consider. I look at the videos and I kind of like 2A scoots more. But then, I mostly just use it to ride round the estate. I don't ride on expressway frequently, so 2A bikes sound a bit overkill. That's why undecided. The power and abs are what make the 2A scoots very attractive. Maybe I'll just get 2A scoot if I want a more serious ride.

I personally feel 400cc is not overkill. Just nice :) You have that extra power when u need it.

Agreed with Bike Yong, on the part to escape near misses also. Speeding off from situations is definitely safer then performing an emergency brake.

Also, from price point, not that much of a difference for a 200cc /300cc to a 400cc.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guyz,

Need some advice for a newbie downtown 200 rider..

1. Recently noticed that 2 of the leds from the right is not working... warranty for downtown is 1 year? Mine warranty just over about 2 weeks

2. Is it a must to warm up the bike before you start riding? I encounter the engine stall when i close my throttle shortly after moving off. And have problem trying to start it immediately after it stalls. Have to wait about few seconds before i can start it again. Is this normal?

Thanks.