SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Super4 Ver S or Ducati monster 400 Comments Pls..

cyben76

Monster or Super 4  

382 members have voted

1. 1. Monster or Super 4

Hi i'm interested in buying one of those bike, which would be better.. Give comments and review pls... Need it urgent! thanx!

http://www.seeland.ch/gatschet/monster.gif

http://www.wemoto.com/library/honda-cb400sf-1992/honda-cb400sf-1992-nsre_thn.jpg

http://www.speedtest.net/result/855609689.png

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi i'm interested in buying one of those bike, which would be better.. Give comments and review pls... Need it urgent! thanx!

Personally, I prefer the sound that my Super 4 produces.. :D

performance wise, really depends on how u do ur bike lah...

think spare parts for a honda bike is easier to get than an Italian one...

Access to the photos Vypower collection,

Visit...

Here

Everytime u pump V-Power,

Remember MarVyPower!!!

IMHO, For style, go for monster

For performance, go for super4

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v416/urylle/284668.gif

Biting on the fray of my hair, I muse upon the way to find the oasis of evermore beyond the vertical horizon, I shall join the windupdeads in owl city, neither my safetysuit nor my red jumpsuit apparatus can save me, cuz I mistook a death cab for cutie in plain white T's...

Woah... marvy your bike sibeh powa!! Got NOS meter?? keke.. and handphone holder somemore!!

bo bian... no class2 licence and no money buy Goldwing

so make my S4 as comfy as possible... :lol: :lol: :lol:

IMHO, For style, go for monster

For performance, go for super4

:cheer: :cheer: agreed!!!

Access to the photos Vypower collection,

Visit...

Here

Everytime u pump V-Power,

Remember MarVyPower!!!

Acceleration: Monster better

Top end: Super4 better

Looks: Monster better (Babe magnet oso)

Sound: Monster (Legally Thunderous)

Comfort: Super4 (For rider & pillion coz bigger padded seats)

Mantainence: Super4 sightly cheaper

Fuel Consumption: Super4 slightly better

Insurance: Monster cheaper and not blacklisted by NTUC

Lugguage: Super4 looks ok with topbox but NOT on a monster but there are original side panniers for the monster.

So which do you prefer? Apples or Oranges? Both are equally good i would say. super4 owners will say super4 good and monster owners will oso say monster good. To each their own. Try it for yourself.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

FQ plate Super 4 Version S (lowest)

FP plate Ducati Monster 400 (maybe lower havent discuss with owner)

Which would be the best buy?¿?

Monster- 2 piston 2 spark plug 2 carb 5 gear

Version S - Inline 4, 4 piston 4 plug 4 carb 6 gear

Monster is truly babe magnet, asked 3-4 gerls abt how it looked all loved it :D

Version S common, but common means easier to get parts...

Hmmmmm..... :?

If its juz bace on bike looks...i would definitely buy a Monster! It looks really good and i think with the side paniers it would look even better! Although parts wise got to reconsider decision again...italian parts are never cheap...i ride an X9 and i know how expensive my parts are! :D

TDICLUB

Decided on the Ducati Monster 400, got a good deal for an FT plate for just $5600 (worth it or not?).. Now the prob is lookin for finance, asked many shops they only willing to give 60% reloan, i'm lookin for sumthing between 100-80% reloan.. Motorsales willing to reloan, but at 10% interest? (Comments?) Hitachi credit can't loan me with no reason even when i submitted appilcation with a very strong garauntor.. Any help anyone??

Decided on the Ducati Monster 400, got a good deal for an FT plate for just $5600 (worth it or not?).. Now the prob is lookin for finance, asked many shops they only willing to give 60% reloan, i'm lookin for sumthing between 100-80% reloan.. Motorsales willing to reloan, but at 10% interest? (Comments?) Hitachi credit can't loan me with no reason even when i submitted appilcation with a very strong garauntor.. Any help anyone??

Hi there,

you got your monster frm private seller or shop??

I also considering this... once i get my cl 2A hahaha...

Shark attacks, very very rare

hi...i heard fr a frenz who used 2 ride a M4 say it has no power...n i tik better take S4...a familiar bike 2 all.... :smile:

M4 got no power? How the bike runs? No Power, how to run? :D :D :D

5 years ago, i ask myself the similar question. That time, M4 is $12000, S4 is $10500, PGM4 is $12000. I choose M4. why!? because i love it. Dont really need to ask people wat they like. you should ask yourself wat u like and how much are u willing to pay for it. If not, ask your gf.

I ask myself this question, M4 is less on the road so your chances of your bikes parts are less likely to be stolen. You buy S4, commuter bike. Go everywhere is S4 so people can "borrow" your parts anytime....? heard of s4 rear suspension being stolen?

In the end u are the the one paying for it. Not us. trust yourself

Guest OFFICIAL

http://www.seeland.ch/gatschet/monster.gif

http://www.wemoto.com/library/honda-cb400sf-1992/honda-cb400sf-1992-nsre_thn.jpg

cyben76 ask yourself these questions.

1. Are you going for looks or performance?

2. You got ready spare cash for maintance and services ( From wat i knoe Monster alot of electric prob for those old ones)

3. How much and how long are you planning to keep it.

4. Is your Pocket deep enough.

5. Chicks can get with any bike/car as long as you are a eligeable batchlor. Question is are you?(No offence)

If you really cannot choose, get 2 of them then set one as weekend bike lor. :D

hi...i heard fr a frenz who used 2 ride a M4 say it has no power...n i tik better take S4...a familiar bike 2 all.... :smile:

:nono: Monster no power??? Think many of you have this misconception. Maybe ask yourself what kind of power you want. Top end or low end or mid range. Different engine setup have different characteristics. A monster can easily out accelerate a super4 from standing stop. But once past 150km/h super4 will just overtake and cruise past 200km/h. A very fair comparision. Tried and tested b4 as I own a monster b4.

Like what Zakevich said about bikes being popular and common, stolen parts are pretty common among super4s. The monster community is pretty small and there is a ducati owners group. So on one will actually think of stealing each other's parts. Just go to Minerva and ask the mechanics there as most Ducatis are sent there for servicing.

Get a 1st party insurance if you are so concerned with the high cost of spareparts should anything happen. And insurance is cheaper than super4. Just remember that when u r riding a Ducati, it is a legend of italian racing between your legs that no words can describe. You got to ride it to know.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

M4 got no power? How the bike runs? No Power, how to run? :D :D :D

5 years ago, i ask myself the similar question. That time, M4 is $12000, S4 is $10500, PGM4 is $12000. I choose M4. why!? because i love it. Dont really need to ask people wat they like. you should ask yourself wat u like and how much are u willing to pay for it. If not, ask your gf.

I ask myself this question, M4 is less on the road so your chances of your bikes parts are less likely to be stolen. You buy S4, commuter bike. Go everywhere is S4 so people can "borrow" your parts anytime....? heard of s4 rear suspension being stolen?

In the end u are the the one paying for it. Not us. trust yourself

:thumb:

To be old and wise, u gotta be young and stupid

在绝望中坚强

Yeah ask urself wat u like and there a lot of things u need to cosider, ducati parts dun come cheap and if u wan to use for touring Super4 is better, VerS actually also look good is u know how to maintain it, for me i always wash my bike and wax 3 layer on it so it always have a very nice shine. And If the parts easy to be stolen for super4 than buy things to protect it, there is suspension protector. Btw i dun really think riding a bike is to attached babe, it for u urself and own comfort. Maybe u can go check up where to get the parts and how much it cost b4 u buy a bike. CHeers man!!!

Yo Yo Yo, What ups man!!!

CG 125cc

Skipper 125cc FM 3777 H

KRR Kips150cc FS 6351 B

KE 100cc

Super4 VersionS FP4106U

Wave125R FD85M

Anyone got recommendation for loans?? I need a loan for the Ducati Monster 400.. FT plate.. Need a loan of $5.6k, already paid the buyer about $1.4k.. Other finance, not Hitachi Credit, Bike Production or Everbright.. tried all 3 liao..

THANX!