SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Super4 Ver S or Ducati monster 400 Comments Pls..

cyben76

Monster or Super 4  

382 members have voted

1. 1. Monster or Super 4

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
Originally posted by javachan@Apr 28 2004, 02:54 PM

Then New 2004 Ducati Monster 400 has twin front disc brakes and is 6-speed. But it costs a whopping 16 K upwards last i checked. :giddy:

interesting.

just checked it and it has abt 10bhp more (paperspec). a fuel injection system, triple discs system and probably a built in immobiliser.

looks great.

Current rides: Ducati 999 and X9 500 SL

I emailed Minerva, they quoted me $15530 OTR, minus insurace and COE...

They didn't give me specs on the new M400, but if it has triple discs and a tach, whoo hoo! :slurp:

• 7 months later...
  • 2 months later...

monster ? u guys are mad .. when u choose monster is either u know noting about ducati bikes or u got a deep pocket . cos i once accidently bend my friends side stand ( bike sleep on top of his bike ) and when with him to change back a org side stand guess what .. a farking piece of metel cos mi 140 bucks .. can u imagine ? :nono: now when he wan to sell bike also got problem he brought his bike at 13+ if i nvr remember wrongly den fv plate now he cant sell cos he have to top up cash ..

*** Signature too big, please resize.

2001 - tzm

2002 - pgm

2003 - cbr600rr

2004 - vtec1

2005 - tio toto buy rvc211

Originally posted by lizard@Mar 20 2005, 02:03 AM

monster ? u guys are mad .. when u choose monster is either u know noting about ducati bikes or u got a deep pocket . cos i once accidently bend my friends side stand ( bike sleep on top of his bike ) and when with him to change back a org side stand guess what .. a farking piece of metel cos mi 140 bucks .. can u imagine ? :nono: now when he wan to sell bike also got problem he brought his bike at 13+ if i nvr remember wrongly den fv plate now he cant sell cos he have to top up cash ..

Well, you aint got no

1) Superbike chassis

2) Inverted forks

3) Monoshock

4) Twin pipes

on yer Super4!

Putting a severely underpowered engine into a proper superbike chassis = alot of fun on the twisties, but not much fun once the road opens up. This also means the Monster is a very nice bike to ride on the street. :thumb:

• 2 months later...
Originally posted by lizard@Mar 20 2005, 02:03 AM

well i guess ur surely dun know what ur missing. A Jap bike is nowhere near bike like ducati or aprillia.

http://i219.photobucket.com/albums/cc114/antonioshabirto/shoei1.jpg

http://motoplanete.com/mv-agusta/SBR11_MVVRloop.gif

• 2 weeks later...

People looking for Performance in power n lower maintainace shd go for the S4 where as ppl looking for Performance in head turning, handling, and noise polluting shd go for the Monster. Both got performance! Choosing any will be missing something on the other. Its two ways ya c?

• 1 month later...

harlow guys, i read in a magazine there are 2 versions of monsters which is the dark version which only has 1 front disc brake whereas the normal version has 2 disc in front. so those monster 400 in singapore are with 1 or 2 front disc brake?

Resolution for 2009, stay healthy, get wealthy, make more friends, ride safely & pass all exams!

Well, I think you answered your own question. If you see a Monster Dark, then it will have a single brake disc. If I'm not wrong, the one with dual brake discs is the M400S.

I've never seen a dual front disc brake MOnster 400 in Singapore before, but the newer ones (2002 and above) Monsters right hand fork comes with brackets, so you can just bolt on the caliper and brake disc. Older ones you gotta change the whole fork leg.

• 9 months later...

vER S CAN SMOKE ducati anytime !! :X

世上最é¥è¿œçš„è·ç¦»æ˜¯æˆ‘站在佪的é¢å‰ï¼Œ 佪å´ä¸çŸ¥é“我爱佪。

2000 to 2002 : HONDA NSR 125R FM 7541

2002 to 2006 : CBR 400 L MODEL FN 3561

2006 to 2007 : S4 SPEC II FW 2118

2007 to 2009: 92 Civic Esi SBU 7959

2009 to <Present> : Lancer Ex 1.5 (S)

Originally posted by D3vilCbR@Jun 13 2006, 03:38 PM

verS maybe can smoke monster 4 but its not da bike rather da rider who can fry ya arse...hahaha! no point comparing tis 2 nostalgic bike.....enjoy! :cheeky:

WELCOME TO THE DARK SIDE...

2004 Honda Varadero XL125 ride to tour

2005 Ducati Monster 400 for track use :p

2006 white r3 spec gen2 manual gear for pimping hehehe!

2008 THE new silver subaru impreza hatch NOT road legal & manual gear for drifting!

2010 white fd2 honda civic 2.0 si & still manual gear for family use so whats next baby?

• 3 months later...
Originally posted by Dscheng@Jun 13 2006, 03:06 PM

how abt ur VER S have a go with my DUCATI!!!!!

We will c whos ass being FRIED!!!! i can even allow you to go 5 lampost ahead

bring all ur version down S to Z mayb to A also can

Try me!! Anytime

Im tinking like everybody else, i read thru the topic but didnt really get to see my question answered....

So, if anyone know, can u tell me the specs of these 2 bikes, monster M400 and super4 version S, compare them! They may be cost ard the same price (fp\fq) , but their maintenance wise, how much difference? Fuel consumption? Which can give better mileage?

-------------------------------------------------------------

2003-2005 Honda SP 150 , 2007-2008 Honda Super 4 vS

2010- 2012 Yamaha TW200, 2012- 2013 Honda CB550K

2013- 2013 Ducati Hypermotard 1100S ,2014- 2016 : Yamaha Tmax 530 ABS, 2016 - 2016 : Ducati Streetfighter S

2016 - now : Ducati Diavel Cromo, 2017 - 2018 : Yamaha XJR1300, 2018 - now : Vespa GTS 300

• 1 month later...
Originally posted by stanmysterio@Sep 21 2006, 03:02 AM

Im tinking like everybody else, i read thru the topic but didnt really get to see my question answered....

So, if anyone know, can u tell me the specs of these 2 bikes, monster M400 and super4 version S, compare them! They may be cost ard the same price (fp\fq) , but their maintenance wise, how much difference? Fuel consumption? Which can give better mileage?

all monster details are in monster forum.

• 7 months later...

Monster more power?? I have ridden both S4 Spec 2 and Monster 400 and I think S4 wins a monster hands down.

But, monster is a killer in its sound and looks. I feel the monster has comparatively better handling also. My heart goes to the Monster if I have that spare cash. Less common, definitely a better head turner.

http://i263.photobucket.com/albums/ii159/gnayed/n641300248_3172135_77.jpg