SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Nolan N43 Air . . . . helmets

i actually see shark safety test.. but cos this is a very new helmet they haven tested it yet. not all arai, shoei helmets in sg are psb approved..

chong aik ones . mostly are approved by PSB , as its illegal for chong aik to sell not PSB certified helmets. thats wat i read from the wall posting there.other brands i donnot . all out of my budget .-.-"

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2.1 - What is the Basic Kit2?

It is the basic outfit which can be easily installed into the Nolan helmets designed for fitting N-Com communication systems. It consists of a pair of loudspeakers and a noise-cancelling microphone. The new Basic Kit2 is also designed for playback in stereo mode when used together with a Bluetooth Kit2 (N-Com Bluetooth and N-Com Intercom Bluetooth configuration) or with a Multimedia Wire2 cable.

2.2 - What's the difference between the Basic Kit and the Basic Kit2?

The Basic Kit system always works in Mono mode, while the Basic Kit2 is designed for playback in Stereo mode.

2.3 - Can I listen to my Mp3 player in stereo mode with just the Basic Kit2?

The Basic Kit2 works in stereo mode only when connected to a Bluetooth Kit2 or when used alone with a Multimedia Wire2 cable.

more in this site / http://www.n-com.it/en/n-com/faq.html#basic2

go buy ~!! :D u concerned ar ? :p den u go test it .. hehe . bang the helmet chin guard against the wall. haha. no lah . it would had failed psb and ECE tests if the chinguard lousy rite ?

Not necessarily. Entirely possible this helmet was tested as an open-face helmet (both standards allow them, no?), which would tell you absolutely nothing about the chinguard's safety. Similar to Airoh TR1. Still, probably better than nothing, no?

Not necessarily. Entirely possible this helmet was tested as an open-face helmet (both standards allow them, no?), which would tell you absolutely nothing about the chinguard's safety. Similar to Airoh TR1. Still, probably better than nothing, no?

not sure . PSB has included a paper inside.. saying this helmet has been tested in sg to pass local laws. only helmet of this kind to pass in sg . i think , got chance i scan the paper and show.

wah!!!

seems lighter than my Shark evoline helmet...

PSB approve some more...

haiz...

Past rides:

1st ride : Vespa PX150

2nd ride : Honda Wave 125

3rd ride : SYM GTS 200

4th ride : Honda Super 4 Spec 2

5th ride : Derbi DRD 125 SM

Current ride : :dot:

not sure . PSB has included a paper inside.. saying this helmet has been tested in sg to pass local laws. only helmet of this kind to pass in sg . i think , got chance i scan the paper and show.

If they say it's been tested as a FF helmet, yes, that could something. But it would have to test FF helmets using a different battery of tests from open face helmets, or it'd be worthless. PSB have a test procedure for chin guards specifically? . Then too, even $20 LAB helmet can pass PSB, and there was that incident where helmet cracked open on impact.... sure to trust PSB testing like that? :confused:

I think best option would be to try and figure out what specific ECE spec the helmet meets, that'll give you the best idea on the helmet's safety. Still, Nolan is good brand, and again, chinbar is better than nothing... (if it doesn't snap and impale you o_O :goodluck: ;))

If they say it's been tested as a FF helmet, yes, that could something. But it would have to test FF helmets using a different battery of tests from open face helmets, or it'd be worthless. PSB have a test procedure for chin guards specifically? . Then too, even $20 LAB helmet can pass PSB, and there was that incident where helmet cracked open on impact.... sure to trust PSB testing like that? :confused:

I think best option would be to try and figure out what specific ECE spec the helmet meets, that'll give you the best idea on the helmet's safety. Still, Nolan is good brand, and again, chinbar is better than nothing... (if it doesn't snap and impale you o_O :goodluck: ;))

thats precisely why i emphasize on SNELL/ECE/DOT safety certification. Nolan helmets all ECE certified. and i even changed my trax vision which is just PSB tested to hyper classic which has ECE/DOT certifications.

I have been thinking of brothers here mentality .. safety tests are there for a reason . buying with psb sticker is .. really plain simple but .. how they do the tests we all dono . only know even china made ones like sumo gets stickers so easily . I worried for the brothers here.. some are breadwinnnerrs while some have family. pls pls .. take care while on the road . protect yourself as the saying goes. human wrapping metal .

Oh, interesting, from wikipedia:

ECE 22.05 allows certification of modular helmets with or without chin bar tests, distinguished by -P (protective lower face cover) and -NP (non-protective) suffixes to the certification number, and additional warning text for non-certified chin bars.

Though, the reference it gives (to the UNECE website) is old, so can't check it myself. Still, does your helmet have either the -P or -NP suffix? Guess that should give us an idea... :)

(oh, and apparently the -J suffix stands for jet-style/open-face helmet)

[EDIT]

From here:

You can spot your 22.05 approval, and where it was granted by looking for a label permanently sewn into the fabric of the helmet's strap - where it is accessible.... First off you should see an E in a circle, followed by the approving country: E1 is Germany, E3 is Italy and E11 is England etc. Then you're looking for a serial number: this should start 05 if it's ECE R22.05 compliant.

[/EDIT]

Edited by CoolieND

http://www.nolan.it/images/rinocoscimenti/logo_omolog.gif

http://www.modernvespa.com/forum/topic46293

Yea, that looks like it, good find! :thumb: With that P there, guess it does fit the ECE full-face specs w/ the chinbar in place. So I guess that clears up any doubt on that matter, with this design, you're getting both protection as well as great ventilation.

If I were in the market for an open-face helmet, this would definitely be on the short list! :)

Yea, that looks like it, good find! :thumb: With that P there, guess it does fit the ECE full-face specs w/ the chinbar in place. So I guess that clears up any doubt on that matter, with this design, you're getting both protection as well as great ventilation.

If I were in the market for an open-face helmet, this would definitely be on the short list! :)

i think J means jet style . not sure though . i saw from website. but helmet i cant find the logo . later i go hunt for it .

I got one. Limited colors. Not super comfy nor super ventilation but fairly good enough for me. An allrounder I would say. Full face, open face, with visor or not, peak... COOL 'now u see it now you don't' sunshade... ready to fit comms system... Did I miss anything? Thanks to TS

RIDE :cool:

Someone i know got one of the new new Zeus 3000A helmets with the integrated visor last week. Actually not a bad looking helmet but i dont really want a flip face helmet hence why i was leaning towards the Nolan N84.

The only thing he can folt with the Zeus so far is that it seems to fog up fairly easily.

so is it ECE approved as a full face or open face? went to take a look at the helmet today.. helmet is not very light. main concerns of the helmet would be noise level and how good is it as a full face helmet..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.