SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1 2007

arjen

most probably HL wants to wait for k71000cc to be released. and R1 will be released together.

coz i heard k71000cc will also be out in feb(by Imotorning at bt merah)

hope what they quote the price to u "backmarker" is true as its quiet cheap.

jux don get the parallel den it will be fine.

make sure they have waranty wif HL. coz R107 cames wif high technology, u wouldnt want if anything goes wrong later.

i have also asked the R607 prices and very expensive at 20k.. so might as well get that litre bike..

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

most probably HL wants to wait for k71000cc to be released. and R1 will be released together.

make sure they have waranty wif HL. coz R107 cames wif high technology, u wouldnt want if anything goes wrong later.

i have also asked the R607 prices and very expensive at 20k.. so might as well get that litre bike..

Originally posted by redders@January 16, 2007 02:33 pm

I really hope its within that ball park figure too. My workshop told me expect about 25K OTR. Thats the norm for new model Jap bikes.

your right that its better getting it from HL for the aftermarket support in case something goes "poof".

20K for the r6? that is OTR I bet. I have a price list for the r6 from HL and i recall the machine price is 18K.

:p

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb122/backmarker_2007/Bike%20Pics/ducati.jpg

Originally posted by redders@January 16, 2007 02:33 pm

Wait to see the real thing.:sweat:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

23K? From where did you get the info bro?

it expensive but actually i am not surprised with the price with all the hi tech stuff on board.

But on the other hand, it should be competitive with the K7 i think. i guess HL is delaying the release cos they want to see the K7 prices. then again the bike could be delayed for 1001 reasons.

dunno whether they hv solved the current TPS issues on the yammies.:sweat:

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

i believe the 23 k price is not that expensive.. other models like k71000cc will somehow compete this price.

juz look at R6 07 model. the differences is juz the color. bike cost 20k not inclusive insurance. jus 3 k difference. but u are riding 1000cc compare to 600cc. much difference den..

i ask ASP and they quote me dis price. well for those thinking of buying sports bike 1000cc bike. R107 might be best for u.grab it before other ppl does..

Originally posted by newbie@January 22, 2007 02:53 pm

but R6-07 comes with fly-by-wire throttle, unlike previous years models.

isnt dis considered a big step forward for Yammie? pls advise.

the 06R6 already has the fly by wire throttle. There is only colour change for the 07R6.

I read somewher the TPS issue already came about since the 05 R1 if i am not mistaken. I hope Yam has fixed the problem for the 07R1. :sweat:

Originally posted by newbie@January 22, 2007 02:53 pm

but R6-07 comes with fly-by-wire throttle, unlike previous years models.

isnt dis considered a big step forward for Yammie? pls advise.

perhaps they also should include gear shift indicator.

Originally posted by BackMarker@January 22, 2007 06:42 pm

the 06R6 already has the fly by wire throttle.

Oh yes, u r right. Thanks for pointing that out.

yeah Milkmen, i read in the Performance Bikes magazine about new EU regulations. We may have seen the last of the bhp war among the bike manufacturers. But then again for us mere mortals, do we actually need 180bhp?

Also i think the inline 4 engine is already at the end of its performance envelope. There is only so much power 4 cylinders can produce. The manufacturers could not squeeze anymore bhp from the inline 4. Maybe 1 day Honda will throw in an additional piston for the next generation Fireblades and build a V5 CBR damn!

its true sometimes that we don really need 180 bhp here..

but if everyone thinks like dat.. then in spore we will see lots of cubs,scooters and the most is super 4 rite..

but in spore u'll see lots of litre bike,600cc plus those hypersports haya, blackbird,ducati monsters and much more..in which the list is endless..

y ppl still ride those bikes?

for me, i have passion for these bikes and thats y, i have no regrets getting that R1 07..

if not mistaken, there is much more power than the previous one.. i oso read some uk editions magazine, where proffesional riders have tested it on qatar circuit.

their complaints is the mid range of 3000rpm to 8000rpm is not that excellent as compare to gixxers.

I see there are 3 groups of riders. Those who see bikes as just a form of transportation or new bikers who look for high effieciency and low maintenence (cubs, mopeds, scoots).

The 2nd group are in betweens who like abit of performance and some form of efficiency. (S4s...)

The 3nd group who see bikes as a passion and demand performance and dont mind paying for it (all the Rs, Harleys, sports and super tourers, machine will cost minium 18K brand new)

Well, at least thats the way i see it. hehe