SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1 2007

arjen

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by xiaosi01@April 02, 2007 10:23 am

no... that is no lag in 07 R1. bith low mid high is very powerful. all thanks to its electronic in-take funnel system... only that u need more fuel to move that powerful bike...

confirm no lag with my 07 R1. try out already very powerful!

Originally posted by darkracer@April 12, 2007 09:14 am

confirm no lag with my 07 R1. try out already very powerful!

we can take ur words for it !

test n proven by darkracer :cheer:

http://www.tactics.ne.jp/~baseson/koihime/image/staff_kanan.gifhttp://www.tactics.ne.jp/~baseson/koihime/image/staff_katagiri.gifhttp://www.tactics.ne.jp/~baseson/koihime/image/staff_ringo.gifhttp://www.tactics.ne.jp/~baseson/koihime/image/staff_yuukisan.gif

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by xiaosi01@March 29, 2007 02:55 pm

so far, i think there is one fault for 07 R1. that is the starter. I always got starting problem when the engine is cold... sometimes i press the starter continously for 4-5sec(it even cough 3 times), after that then it will start...

Do u guys have this problem?

I encounter the same starting problem with my bike. It just can't start with 1 crank when the engine is cold.

I have asked the mechanic from Yamaha agent (Hong Leong) and he told me that both the new R6 (06 and 07) and R1 (07) have this problem. Anyway, he don't call it a problem...... so...... :confused:

As for the TPS problem.... There was once after riding for about 20mins, before I reach a road hump. I was pulling in my clutch and the engine suddenly died off. So far, only experience this once. Wonder if it is a problem or its just normal... another... :confused:

Anyway... Its a great bike to ride. :thumb:

Speeding is the No.1 ROAD KILLER...... U may kill the road......

Originally posted by quark@April 22, 2007 02:33 pm

Hey people, what the running in like for 07 r1 ?

And where do i place the IU ?

Read the manual... It will advice you on the running in of the bike. Reach 1000KM. 1st service definately. Then 3000KM 2nd service...

As for the IU Unit. It fits in the rear seat compartment provided you take out the transparent plastic cover for the IU.... and put the tool kit at home... :smile:

Ride Safe Guys.....

Hope to see more bros sharing their experience here.... :thumb:

Originally posted by quark@April 22, 2007 02:33 pm

Hey people, what the running in like for 07 r1 ?

And where do i place the IU ?

Oh ya I forgotten something....

Or go to Seng Kwang to custom make a Stainless Steel IU bracket so it can be placed near the yoke....

Like what one of our fellow yammie had said...... UGLYYYY...... but what to do......

:gun: --- IU

Originally posted by RomeoOne@April 22, 2007 05:17 pm

Read the manual... It will advice you on the running in of the bike. Reach 1000KM. 1st service definately. Then 3000KM 2nd service...

As for the IU Unit. It fits in the rear seat compartment provided you take out the transparent plastic cover for the IU.... and put the tool kit at home... :smile:

Ride Safe Guys.....

Hope to see more bros sharing their experience here.... :thumb:

hmm so its total of 4000km run in ?

Anyway do i need to display my Road tax and Parking Ticket ?

i am very new to bike , sorry to ask alot of question.

thanks.

I hope my ride will arrives soon..

The most important thing for a man is that having found his own world.Only by that,life could be meaningful.

Originally posted by quark@April 23, 2007 10:37 am

hmm so its total of 4000km run in ?

i am very new to bike , sorry to ask alot of question.

thanks.

I hope my ride will arrives soon..

by rite road tax and parking ticket must be visible lor..

dats the regulations..

otherwise keep in yr compartment like mine..heheh

Originally posted by quark@April 23, 2007 10:37 am

the last time i came back from m'sia at tuas checkpoint... I din even notice my roadtax holder flew off my bike. The customs officer did not buy my story and summoned me for not displaying road tax.

94 - Yamaha FZ150R

96 - Suzuki GSX400R

98 - Aprilia Pegaso 650

98 - Suzuki TL1000S

00 - Gilera Runner

00 - Honda ST1100

01 - HondaCB400

02 - Ducati ST2

04 - 4 Wheels (for now)

Originally posted by RomeoOne@April 22, 2007 05:14 pm

I encounter the same starting problem with my bike. It just can't start with 1 crank when the engine is cold.

I have asked the mechanic from Yamaha agent (Hong Leong) and he told me that both the new R6 (06 and 07) and R1 (07) have this problem. Anyway, he don't call it a problem...... so...... :confused:

As for the TPS problem.... There was once after riding for about 20mins, before I reach a road hump. I was pulling in my clutch and the engine suddenly died off. So far, only experience this once. Wonder if it is a problem or its just normal... another... :confused:

Anyway... Its a great bike to ride. :thumb:

only once? Can it be fitted with sliders?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

Originally posted by redders@April 23, 2007 05:24 pm

by rite road tax and parking ticket must be visible lor..

dats the regulations..

otherwise keep in yr compartment like mine..heheh

so i just keep inside the compartment is ok?

i think to keep inside there , but i scare the people will summond me without display it.

Hmm anyway Our bike is US verison or EU version ?

The most important thing for a man is that having found his own world.Only by that,life could be meaningful.

if u always bring pillion with u...my advice is put the iu unit on the handle bar coz i try put it at the rear seat before....but i always receive ticket from LTA coz the iu unit not detect when i enter the gantry...when i go for iu inspection,they ask me to put on the handle coz iu unit must be expose...cannot be hidden...so leceh!!!!

Originally posted by khaicobra@April 24, 2007 09:20 am

if u always bring pillion with u...my advice is put the iu unit on the handle bar coz i try put it at the rear seat before....but i always receive ticket from LTA coz the iu unit not detect when i enter the gantry...when i go for iu inspection,they ask me to put on the handle coz iu unit must be expose...cannot be hidden...so leceh!!!!

Hmm thanks.. i see how its goes, so ugly to put on the handlebar.. But i heart they say will scatch your tank.

Dn't hv. Only got reserve light indicator.

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

Originally posted by `L`@April 26, 2007 12:14 pm

Dn't hv. Only got reserve light indicator.

Hmm... wierddo.. i thought mostly all class 2 and above bike have ..

Anyway how do i check if im low with petrol ?

Originally posted by quark@April 26, 2007 01:36 pm

Hmm... wierddo.. i thought mostly all class 2 and above bike have ..

Anyway how do i check if im low with petrol ?

tat's when the reserve light indicator comes in.

Originally posted by `L`@April 26, 2007 01:40 pm

tat's when the reserve light indicator comes in.

ok thanks. Anyone can tell how many Km can it go till the reserve light is out ?

smooth ride.