SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1 2007

arjen

Originally posted by Aie@March 01, 2007 07:38 pm

Mine doesn't. I have to take out the IU and place it at my seat near my bum for the gantry to detect it. Once I arrive my destination, I will just place it back into my rear seat compartment. Looks funny when I'm riding but one thing is for sure. I will never forget to take out my cashcard and it is a small price to pay for not having a bracket fixed on my bike itself... :sweat:

And also not having an ugly grey box spoiling the looks of the bike.

Anyway, after all these years, why cant they make the IU smaller? I remembered the first time it was out, bikers have to put it on the front cowling and tie it down with a cable!

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Trackdaze@March 02, 2007 09:03 am

I remembered the first time it was out, bikers have to put it on the front cowling and tie it down with a cable!

Yup. When the IU was first introduced, my bikeshop fixed it exactly as you described on my GSX R400N. So damn ugly. Made my sportsbike looked like it had a horn... :help:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

Originally posted by arjen@March 02, 2007 04:44 pm

I.U is a curse :D

ERP & CBD gantries are the curse. Without those, we don't need IUs... :sian:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

Originally posted by redders@March 01, 2007 04:49 pm

i ever do came across such advertisement on alarm.. but forget ley.. i can check it out for u..

me oso thinking of placing the IU units in the back seat. i guess dats the best spot..

so far i juz order some accessories thru ASphoon. coz now no point in searching all those things yet.. they havent out in sg market

asphoon do feedback me abt these and posibility could be available in a mth time.

Guys.. is Ohlin fork ring useful? thinking of putting one..

or any ideas wat to put on accessories to this beauty..

so far i have order a protective head light. tank cover, frame and swing arm slider..

so any other inputs??

thks and enjoy the R107 ride...

Why not put a list of accessaries that can put in our baby? I also not sure... Can some pro post a list of good acessaries that can put on our 2007 R1?

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by RomeoOne@March 19, 2007 03:08 pm

Dear 07 owners,

Would like to know how is your bike's fuel consumption like. My reserve fuel light, lights up at around 190Km mileage. Is this normal ??? :confused:

yesh bro.. me oso clock roughly 190km and aft which the reserve light start to lit up..

it normal.. This machine is not meant for fuel consumption.

hmm regarding the throttle me got a slight prob..

usually when i want to move off. there has been 3 times that when i want to start to move. the engine stops.

i thought i open the clutch too much and the throttle too less.

so now before i move off, i try to rev move and release the cluth slowly.

Originally posted by redders@March 20, 2007 05:20 pm

yesh bro.. me oso clock roughly 190km and aft which the reserve light start to lit up..

it normal.. This machine is not meant for fuel consumption.

hmm regarding the throttle me got a slight prob..

usually when i want to move off. there has been 3 times that when i want to start to move. the engine stops.

i thought i open the clutch too much and the throttle too less.

so now before i move off, i try to rev move and release the cluth slowly.

could it be your clutch control? Or the TPS prb?

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

guys, I will be getting my R1 either today or tomorrow. can i know where you placed your IU? Is there enough space in the pillion seat?

The last place i want to have it is on the yokes. damn spoil the looks of the bike.

:p

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb122/backmarker_2007/Bike%20Pics/ducati.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by aRcHeR@March 20, 2007 05:22 pm

frame sliders are availabe at mezzo already.

what brand the slider selling at mezzo? and where is mezzo?

Originally posted by friedfishz@March 19, 2007 07:41 pm

Hey guys,

I remember seeing in the R1 Thread that there's TPS problem with the 07 R1. It was shown in a video clip.

Can any 07 R1 verify if they've faced any problem with the throttle so far? :smile:

so far, i think there is one fault for 07 R1. that is the starter. I always got starting problem when the engine is cold... sometimes i press the starter continously for 4-5sec(it even cough 3 times), after that then it will start...

Do u guys have this problem?

Originally posted by BackMarker@March 21, 2007 09:10 am

guys, I will be getting my R1 either today or tomorrow. can i know where you placed your IU? Is there enough space in the pillion seat?

The last place i want to have it is on the yokes. damn spoil the looks of the bike.

I put it under my rear seat. It works fine.

Mine is 06 though, not sure if the rear seat compartment has suitable storage for 07 or not.

heard tat there's a lag @ 5500RPM, issit true?:confused:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

u know guys from the day this bike rolls it's tyres on the road, all i've heard are simply bad comments.

the machine price is damn high, problems too many. I wonder if this machine is worthy of it's price.... good luck to u fellow r1 riders. May the true potential of this machine prevails.

Originally posted by MilkMen@March 31, 2007 03:47 pm

u know guys from the day this bike rolls it's tyres on the road, all i've heard are simply bad comments.

the machine price is damn high, problems too many. I wonder if this machine is worthy of it's price.... good luck to u fellow r1 riders. May the true potential of this machine prevails.

bad comments like what eh? where did you read the comments. curious to know what are the feedback.

how much higher is the price than other bikes? where did you find that out?

:p

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb122/backmarker_2007/Bike%20Pics/ducati.jpg

cant remember what's the brand. maybe you could gif them a call or drop by to check it out. mezzo is located @ no 20, lorong 25 geylang. contact @ 68421907.

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

Originally posted by MilkMen@March 31, 2007 03:47 pm

Thats crap! What i heard is very positive feedback... very powerful and very good handling... I feel that way too :) machine price... its not higher that K7 loh...

Originally posted by `L`@March 31, 2007 09:56 am

heard tat there's a lag @ 5500RPM, issit true?:confused:

no... that is no lag in 07 R1. bith low mid high is very powerful. all thanks to its electronic in-take funnel system... only that u need more fuel to move that powerful bike...