SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1 2007

arjen

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by redders@February 21, 2007 12:15 am

really ups for those who interested.. it aint bulky n pretty light at 177 kg.

good handling and fine braking..slipper is ok ok lah.. not too bad either.

looks amazing>>

n exhaust very groovy>>>

so u bought hw much... can said....

http://r2.fodey.com/1663e95e8a41a4230a224f6087b96f38a.1.gif

BIKE ACCESSORIES :

DynoJet Power Commander 3 - Pending

Full Titanium Exhaust System - Pending

RIDING GEAR :

Arai Full Face Helmet - Pending

Alpinestars Boots - Pending

Alpinestars Jacket - Pending

Burn your rubber not your soul! =)

Originally posted by redders@February 21, 2007 12:16 am

19022007124.jpg

same pic arr

aah.. sweet. cant wait for mine. seesh. i like the red lines on the rims...

I saw on you tube a video of the bike. The exhaust note sounds very raspy and kinda loud too. I bet you will have a grin from ear to ear each time your on the bike bro. sweet..

:p

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb122/backmarker_2007/Bike%20Pics/ducati.jpg

Originally posted by redders@February 21, 2007 12:15 am

really ups for those who interested.. it aint bulky n pretty light at 177 kg.

good handling and fine braking..slipper is ok ok lah.. not too bad either.

looks amazing>>

n exhaust very groovy>>>

Hi Bro, I got an 2007 R1 too. Can I check with u something?

Cos my bike takes around 3-4sec to start when the engine in cold. I need to crank it for 3-4sec long... is it normal? Is ur bike reacte the same way?

Originally posted by redders@February 21, 2007 12:16 am

19022007124.jpg

same pic arr

when engine is warm, no problem. But every morning when I try to crank start, it took me 3-4 sec. Is it normal for this new model? Did u have the same problem? Or only mine got this problem? :(

Originally posted by xiaosi01@February 21, 2007 01:49 pm

when engine is warm, no problem. But every morning when I try to crank start, it took me 3-4 sec. Is it normal for this new model? Did u have the same problem? Or only mine got this problem? :(

Bro,

I have to same problem.... :confused:

Wonder if its due to the new engine....

Speeding is the No.1 ROAD KILLER...... U may kill the road......

i agree wif u ley.. sometimes the engine jus wont start.. but try pressing the electric start button a bit longer. it helps.

coz i understand that dis bike has a auto choke.. maybe it will takes some time before the FI get in.. (my assumtion ony)

check wif u guys, wat is yr rpm reads when idling. mine is 1.1 to 1.2.. isnt it high?

called HL and he says normal. Rpm should be in the range of 1 to 1.2.

Originally posted by redders@February 24, 2007 05:31 pm

i agree wif u ley.. sometimes the engine jus wont start.. but try pressing the electric start button a bit longer. it helps.

coz i understand that dis bike has a auto choke.. maybe it will takes some time before the FI get in.. (my assumtion ony)

check wif u guys, wat is yr rpm reads when idling. mine is 1.1 to 1.2.. isnt it high?

called HL and he says normal. Rpm should be in the range of 1 to 1.2.

The bike would only start with one crank when the engine is already warm... :confused:

If I never see wrongly, my idle is at around 1.2 to 1.5 when just start the engine !!! Even higer....

Would like to ask how far did your bike go ( in KM ) before the reserve fuel light comes out during the first tank of fuel ??

Originally posted by RomeoOne@February 25, 2007 12:41 pm

The bike would only start with one crank when the engine is already warm... :confused:

If I never see wrongly, my idle is at around 1.2 to 1.5 when just start the engine !!! Even higer....

Would like to ask how far did your bike go ( in KM ) before the reserve fuel light comes out during the first tank of fuel ??

when my engine is warm, it can start normally... only when the engine is cold.

For idling, my rpm is 1.2-1.3. Haven monitor my fuel yet. will update when i monitor. But when riding, I always hear tick tick sound somewhere near the tank. Did u guys have the same problems also?

Originally posted by xiaosi01@February 26, 2007 11:21 am

when my engine is warm, it can start normally... only when the engine is cold.

For idling, my rpm is 1.2-1.3. Haven monitor my fuel yet. will update when i monitor. But when riding, I always hear tick tick sound somewhere near the tank. Did u guys have the same problems also?

I do experience the ticking sound too. Guess its the same old yamaha problem again. I got that problem with my previous R1 also. LEarnt to live with it after some time. But I wonder if its normal for the 2007.... :confused:

May I know where you guys placed your vehicle IU units ?

if yr rpm maintains 1.5, then it will be too high..and too noisy

maintain at a standard 1 to 1.2..

tick2 sound?? when riding u mean?? no have ley.. ony when i on the ignition, then will hear those sound in the engine. i believe the elctronics valve or something like dat.

aft start the engine, all looks ok ley..

so do u guys personally book yrself at bike shop or went to the motor show at suntec last yr?

Originally posted by Trackdaze@February 28, 2007 03:21 pm

ay guys. looks like you've got your 07R1 already. I am still waiting for mine to be registered.

Can post some pics of your bikes here?

my pic is at the same page ..juz scroll up and u will see..

how abt my fellow r107 mates.. can post yr bikes as well.. thks

Originally posted by RomeoOne@February 27, 2007 03:48 pm

I do experience the ticking sound too. Guess its the same old yamaha problem again. I got that problem with my previous R1 also. LEarnt to live with it after some time. But I wonder if its normal for the 2007.... :confused:

Have anyone gone for their first service yet? Maybe can ask them about the ticking noise.

Now that the exhaust is exposed at the rear, I think the heat will be felt on the inner thighs of the pillon as well. OUCH... :help:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR

Originally posted by RomeoOne@February 27, 2007 03:48 pm

i PLACE MY IU inside my pillion storage. It fitted nicely and will not move.

One thing is the bike heats up much faster than the 05-06 R1 models... but it cool off faster also... the temperature is lower at cruising speed also. But ITS STILL VERY HOT!!! I can feel the engine is much smoother compare to my previous 05 R1. more responsive also. brakes still normal...

BTW, Do u guys know what acessories available now for 07 R1?

Originally posted by redders@February 28, 2007 03:53 pm

if yr rpm maintains 1.5, then it will be too high..and too noisy

maintain at a standard 1 to 1.2..

tick2 sound?? when riding u mean?? no have ley.. ony when i on the ignition, then will hear those sound in the engine. i believe the elctronics valve or something like dat.

aft start the engine, all looks ok ley..

so do u guys personally book yrself at bike shop or went to the motor show at suntec last yr?

ya... I book personally from ASpoon. but they put me inside the motorshow deal... so I can get all the freebies also... hehe... Anyway u got the same colour as my bike, so I no need to post my pic already.

BTW, do u know where can get a good 2 way alarm for our bike? plug and play the best. of couse price must be resonable also lah...

i ever do came across such advertisement on alarm.. but forget ley.. i can check it out for u..

me oso thinking of placing the IU units in the back seat. i guess dats the best spot..

so far i juz order some accessories thru ASphoon. coz now no point in searching all those things yet.. they havent out in sg market

asphoon do feedback me abt these and posibility could be available in a mth time.

Guys.. is Ohlin fork ring useful? thinking of putting one..

or any ideas wat to put on accessories to this beauty..

so far i have order a protective head light. tank cover, frame and swing arm slider..

so any other inputs??

thks and enjoy the R107 ride...

Originally posted by xiaosi01@March 01, 2007 03:52 pm

i PLACE MY IU inside my pillion storage. It fitted nicely and will not move.

One thing is the bike heats up much faster than the 05-06 R1 models... but it cool off faster also... the temperature is lower at cruising speed also. But ITS STILL VERY HOT!!! I can feel the engine is much smoother compare to my previous 05 R1. more responsive also. brakes still normal...

BTW, Do u guys know what acessories available now for 07 R1?

Does the IU work when you have it in the pillion seat compartment?:confused:

Originally posted by Trackdaze@March 01, 2007 05:42 pm

Does the IU work when you have it in the pillion seat compartment?:confused:

Mine doesn't. I have to take out the IU and place it at my seat near my bum for the gantry to detect it. Once I arrive my destination, I will just place it back into my rear seat compartment. Looks funny when I'm riding but one thing is for sure. I will never forget to take out my cashcard and it is a small price to pay for not having a bracket fixed on my bike itself... :sweat:

First learn stand, then learn fly. Nature's rules biker-sans. Not mine...

http://img15.imageshack.us/img15/1859/11superbikesmackdown11.jpg

The more we get together, the FASTER we'll be..

Mar 93 - Oct 94 : TZR125 FF5209R

Oct 94 - May 98 : GSX R400N FK3745K

May 98 - Oct 05 : GSX R400R FN3306D

Oct 05 - June 11 : '02 YZF R1 FBF3637M

June 11 - Feb 19 : '11 ZX10R

Feb 19 - ??????? : '14 S1000RR