SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha YZF R1 2007

arjen

YZF R1 2007

OFFICIAL LAUNCH

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/content/images/600/07r1_blue_1_2defee9d.jpg

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/content/images/600/07r1_black_4_46ef79d5.jpg

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/content/images/600/07r1_blue_6as_eur_5b52bf98.jpg

http://www.yamaha-motor.com/assets/content/images/600/07r1_blue_7h_eur_07591714.jpg

Technical Specification

Engine

Type 998cc, liquid-cooled, 16-valve, DOHC, inline four-cylinder

Bore x Stroke 77 x 53.6mm

Compression Ratio 12.7:1

Carburetion Fuel Injection with YCC-T and YCC-I

Ignition TCI

Transmission 6-speed w/multi-plate slipper clutch

Final Drive #530 O-ring chain

Chassis

Suspension/Front 43mm inverted telescopic fork w/adjustable preload, compression damping, rebound damping; 4.7" travel

Suspension/Rear SSingle shock w/piggyback reservoir; adjustable for hi-/lo-speed compression damping, rebound damping, spring preload

Brakes/Front Dual 310mm discs; radial-mount forged 6-piston calipers

Brakes/Rear 220mm disc w/single-piston caliper

Tires/Front 120/70-ZR17

Tires/Rear 190/50-ZR17

Dimensions

Length 81.1"

Width 28.3"

Height 43.7"

Seat Height 32.9�

Wheelbase 55.7�

Rake (Caster Angle) 24.0�

Trail 4.0�

Fuel Capacity 4.75 gal.

Dry Weight 381 lbs.

Other

Primary Reduction Ratio 65/43 (1.512)

Secondary Reduction Ratio 45/17 (2.647)

Gear Ratio - 1st Gear 38/15 (2.533)

Gear Ratio - 2nd Gear 33/16 (2.063)

Gear Ratio - 3rd Gear 37/21 (1.762)

Gear Ratio - 4th Gear 35/23 (1.522)

Gear Ratio - 5th Gear 30/22 (1.364)

Gear Ratio - 6th Gear 33/26 (1.269)

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

• Replies 294
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Key Features:

* All-new, light, powerful and packed with trickle-down MotoGP trickery, the YZF-R1 is the most advanced Open-class production motorcycle ever built.

* All-new inline four-cylinder engine is the most powerful, tractable R1 powerplant ever, thanks partially to the world’s first electronic variable-length intake funnel system.

* The YZF-R1 uses the YCC-T fly-by-wire throttle system for flawless response under all conditions.

* Slipper-type back torque-limiting clutch greatly facilitates braking/downshifting from high speed.

* All-new aluminum Deltabox frame and swingarm take Open-class handling to the next performance level.

* New, six-piston radial-mount front brake calipers and 310mm discs generate the kind of braking power a bike like the new R1 requires.

Engine:

* Short-stroke 998cc DOHC, 16-valve, liquid-cooled inline four- cylinder engine produces more tractable power than ever.

* Yamaha Chip Control Throttle controls a 32-bit ECU fuel injection system for super-responsive, smooth, instantaneous power delivery.

* Yamaha Chip Control Intake electronically adjusts intake funnel length between either 65 or 140mm for an amazingly broad, smooth powerband.

* Two-piece ergonomically designed fuel tank carries fuel in the rear section, for good centralization of mass, while the front half contains a Ram-Air-fed airbox for increased power.

* Lay-down design cylinder head optimizes weight distribution, straightens intake tracts for improved cylinder filling, and allows frame to pass over instead of around the engine for great strength and a narrow chassis.

* Closed-deck cylinder block increases strength and allows a narrow engine in spite of big, 77mm bores.

* Narrow-angle four-valve combustion chambers produce a highly efficient 12.7:1 compression ratio; 31mm titanium intake valves and 25mm exhausts controlled by new, high-lift cams flow plenty of air.

* Light and strong nutless connecting rods with fractured big ends produce a quick-revving engine with excellent high-rpm durability.

* High silicon-content ceramic-composite cylinder sleeves ensure great heat dissipation for consistent power delivery and reduced friction.

* Close-ratio six-speed gearbox with triangulated shaft layout for great strength, compactness, and quicker acceleration.

* Ramp-type slipper clutch makes braking from speed into tight corners while downshifting smoother and therefore faster.

* Redesigned titanium underseat exhaust system (with stainless steel midpipe and catalyst) provides excellent cornering clearance and a broad, seamless powerband.

* 13-percent greater radiator capacity and an aluminum liquid-cooled oil cooler maintain stable operating temperature.

* Direct ignition coils, dual-electrode spark plugs and high-output magneto deliver extremely accurate, reliable firing.

* AC generator behind cylinder block produces a narrow engine with excellent cornering clearance.

Chassis/Suspension:

* An all-new Deltabox frame tuned for optimal flex carries the lay-down four-cylinder stressed-member style, for great handling and efficient aerodynamic penetration.

* A new truss-type swingarm is extremely strong and tuned for optimal traction and feedback.

* Dual 310mm front disc brakes; new, six-piston radial-mount calipers and Brembo radial-pump front master cylinder with adjustable lever deliver amazing braking power and feel.

* Fully adjustable KYB inverted telescopic front fork with 43mm tubes has been revalved to complement other chassis changes.

* Piggyback rear shock now offers both high- and low-speed compression adjustability, rebound damping and a new, twist-style spring preload adjuster.

* Light, five-spoke wheels enhance acceleration, deceleration, handling and suspension action.

Additional Features:

* Redesigned headlights provide great illumination and distinctive style, while the LED taillight is light, bright and highly efficient.

* Adjustable LCD illumination and multi-function digital gauges: adjustable shift light, odometer, dual tripmeters, water temperature, air temperature, full-time clock, lap timer and large 15,000 rpm analog tachometer.

* New-design fairing with bigger Ram-Air intakes and screwless windscreen provides maximum aerodynamic efficiency and engine performance.

* Sticky 120/70-ZR17 and 190/50-ZR17 radial tires for incredible grip and precise handling.

* Forged footpegs are extra durable and light.

* Extensive use of hollow bolts and lightweight fasteners helps trim overall weight.

* 8.6 AH battery is compact and light.

* Durable #530 O-ring–sealed drive chain.

* Standard toolkit located in convenient storage compartment under passenger seat.

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

Comparison Between 2006 and 2007 R1

Compression Ratio 12.7:1(2007) 12.4:1(2006)

Ignition TCI(2007) DC-CDI9(2006)

Brakes/Front Dual 310mm discs; radial-mount forged 6-piston calipers (2007) Dual 320mm discs; radial-mount forged 4-piston calipers (2006)

Suspension/Rear: SSingle shock w/piggyback reservoir; adjustable for hi-/lo-speed compression damping, rebound damping, spring preload (2007) Single shock w/adjustable preload, compression damping, rebound damping; 5.1" travel (2006)

Height: 0.2" Higher (2007)

Length: 1.0" Shorter (2007)

åƒé‡‘难买早知é“.......

• 4 weeks later...

Fly-by-throttle & Slipper Clutch~ :lovestruck:

Past Rides

Honda NSR125R, Kawasaki ZX400-L9, Yamaha YZF-R1 2001, Yamaha YZF-R1 2006, Suzuki GSX-R1000 K2

Current Rides

Mitsubishi Lancer

Yamaha should add in a gear indicator too . Useful for track .

GIVI Touring windscreen for FZ1 2006 onwards for sale - $90

http://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1246.jpghttp://www.koolart-japan.com/images/small/P1721.jpg

Originally posted by Speedpass@Nov 18 2006, 02:16 PM

Yamaha should add in a gear indicator too . Useful for track .

Juz like the Suzukis....:cheeky:

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/5048/10304130.jpg

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

• 4 weeks later...

any1 knw hw much is this yamaha R1... did any1 buy it

http://r2.fodey.com/1663e95e8a41a4230a224f6087b96f38a.1.gif

BIKE ACCESSORIES :

DynoJet Power Commander 3 - Pending

Full Titanium Exhaust System - Pending

RIDING GEAR :

Arai Full Face Helmet - Pending

Alpinestars Boots - Pending

Alpinestars Jacket - Pending

Burn your rubber not your soul! =)

I was at Hong Leong to ask about the 07 R1.

They quoted 23K OTR minus insurance. What puzzles me is thet their HP is 5%pa which is pretty steep.

I look around at Execl Cycle and they too are taking bookings for the bike. They quoted me 21K minus insrance. But their HP is 4%pa

Sounds abit dodgy considering its more expensive at the dealer. Are there any hidden costs i should be asking about?

Anyone already signed their bounus away for the bike yet?

later..

:p

http://i205.photobucket.com/albums/bb122/backmarker_2007/Bike%20Pics/ducati.jpg

i think there are two different version,am i rite?

The european and the us.:confused:

"But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. Now if you know what you're worth then go out and get what you're worth."

Originally posted by `L`@Dec 22 2006, 08:46 PM

huh hv version wan meh... i tot we ar using us wan... may i knw where is "Execl Cycle"

BIKE ACCESSORIES :

RIDING GEAR :

Originally posted by `L`@Dec 22 2006, 08:46 PM

the Exel sales guy told me he gets the bike from HL. As far as i know, only Mah and Loois carry parallel bikes.

I did ask him why his is slightly cheaper, he said its always cheaper at the shops other than the dealer. something to do with the dealer trying to discourage ppl taking loan from them (reduce their paperwork etc.) I know Boon Siew also charge 5% when i checked out the 1000RR. Then again he may be pulling my leg. Thats why i need to find out if there are hidden costs.

I did ask around about US bikes, very difficult to get it in here. Parallel bikes in Spore are usually for Jap Domestic Market (JDM). I was initally interested in the candy blue and yellow colour scheme on the 06CBR1000 but that colour scheme is only for US market. Loois and Mah also carries the same colour schemes as Boon Siew's bikes.

Excel is at Kaki Bukit Shun Li Inds Park I think. Its just opposite the Mosque at Bedok Reservoir.

So anybody booked the 07 R1?

later...

Distributors always charge higher for their bikes..If they charge lower then those bike shops which they distributed their bikes to, how are the shops going to earn as many would get from distributors.

Bikes Owned: LC125 RXZ135 GSXR400RP CB400VS CB400Spec2 SV650 02CBRF4i FZ1000 CBR929 05YZF-R6 CBR150 HondaSonic125 Yamaha_CygnusX125 KymcoGrandink_250 Hornet_250 04_Yamaha_Tmax Silverwing 400 FZ6_S2 GSXR600K7

Current bikes: NIL

Gear 4th

http://45.media.tumblr.com/f183dbd75b05df79cf6f77dba98d7339/tumblr_o1sqbk4h8Z1s5rcozo1_400.gif

Hello R1 07 guys who are interested in dis much hyped bike 2007 model.

i have already book dis bike during motor show at suntec city wif asphoon.

They offer me 23k minus yr insurance wif 5 % interest.

But Yr Third year is interest free. so u are paying a total of 10% interest in 3 yrs compare to 4% a year, end up 12% in 3 yrs.so save up a bit la.

Maybe thats the offer during the motor show. rite now i don really know wats asp got to offer.

Rite now still waiting for the bike ley..he said end of dec can get. so far no news yet of their launching of R107..

Ask the staff could be early Jan.. Wah liao.kene bubble..

Abt Excel motor,me not too sure too. is there parallel importer for bikes as well??

for singapore shipment,we follow the european model not the u.s. coz uk model have white and red color wheras u.s have red and white. the other 2 colors are the same i.e black and blue.

So any guys heard abt the launching??cant wait for that new baby of mine

Originally posted by redders@Dec 28 2006, 04:17 PM

But Yr Third year is interest free. so u are paying a total of 10% interest in 3 yrs compare to 4% a year, end up 12% in 3 yrs.so save up a bit la.

Maybe thats the offer during the motor show. rite now i don really know wats asp got to offer.

Rite now still waiting for the bike ley..he said end of dec can get. so far no news yet of their launching of R107..

Abt Excel motor,me not too sure too. is there parallel importer for bikes as well??

for singapore shipment,we follow the european model not the u.s. coz uk model have white and red color wheras u.s have red and white. the other 2 colors are the same i.e black and blue.

so when is ur new ride coming?

ure asking me abt my new ride..

sigh..

don noe ley... today is fri 29/12/06..

still now news yet..hoping only for tommorow. otherwise wait till early jan lio lor.

I heard that asphoon mentioned Hong leong has the R1 2007 bikes in their stock,waiting for them to release ony

In the meantime juz wait ans see

i heard tat only 2007 Apr tat they are releasing.

Good on you bro, thats sounds like a good deal. Too bad i was still makin up mind on which bike to get during the motoshow. Btw, which colour scheme did you book for? The white and red one looks sweet but can be hard to maintain. Afraid the white may turn yellowish with time. Let me know when you get news of your bike's delivery.

I am going to book the bike with HL through my workshop. My workshop is an authorised agent for Hitachi so gonna take a loan there. May not be as a sweet deal like yours but thats just too bad for me.

I made the same enquiry in Nov at HL. It could be delayed depending on shipment and production. Thay all say that do they? But still valid i think considering the 07R1 was only recently launched. Funny still a few days after the launch of the bike at Intermot, I called HL and they say "R1 got 07 bike meh?" Maybe i spoke to an intern at HL. Sotong

For all you know your bike can either be in a wooden crate either in Hong Leong warehouse or on a ship in the South China Sea. heh Just be patient. Good things come to those who wait.

later..

otr 23k huh... so cheap meh.. hw much is ur insurance.. n hw old.. every1 wan to buy r1 07 together wif mi...

BIKE ACCESSORIES :

RIDING GEAR :

23 k yup..but n0t inclusive of your insurance. so if added wif my insurance,the total is $24144.my age is 29 as of nov 2006. i took from mitsui. another thing that is good when dealing wif ASP is that he let u see a few options from few different insurance co. let u choose which one u prefer. obviously the cheapest. unlike other motor shops where u got no options and opt for that insurance and co and pay the premium. or yr 2nd yr and so on,he will laso let u choose and see the prices from few insurance co.i feel that they re open in these as they value their customers.

Now is 31/12/06.. have not got dat dream bike yet. i knew it will be released in the new yr.Coz i have read in magazines and yamaha press that the european side will ony released the R107 in early Jan. So s'pore cannot be early as them. if i got the bike for sure i will infd u guys ouuta there. but too bad i can upload pic from my control panel. still got a prob which SBF have not rectify.

Actually to compare the prices,Yamaha R1 is a bit expensive than those 1000cc sportbikes 2007 Japan model.like Suzuki k7 ,Honda cbr1000 and even kawasaki zx1000.probably bcoz of the hi technology that they used on R107.very impressive.

Neway i juz check the prices through website in the US and make my own calculations. not sure when these bikes came in spore,whether the price will be differently that that quoted in the Website. one thing for sure due to Govt tax so on and so forth.

actually i don really intend to change my Fazer 05 1000cc model yet.but as i went to the motor show and spoke to ASP staff. i found that the offer really attractive. aside fm the 10% interest in 3 yrs. they gave me $200 worth of accessories voucher. yamaha racing jacket and gloves,ff helmet courtesy of HL plus ASP free gift like rain coat and bike covers. so since i really dream of that bike and the offer is so good to resis.so why not grab it before the exhibition ends.

Hopefully i will see u guys getting that bike too we can be 1 company..and not forgetting the rest of the bikers. We are Still Riders in Sg rite..

Ciaos

for your info guys i chose the white and red color.so far i feel that, this color have a sporty look. no doubt difficult to maintain it.

aneway i have thought of coating the tank wif corrosion resistance coating as what new cars normally engaged that service.

i know one from a company called corrotec @ amk. they do coating to cars. will check wif them if they can do it on bikes as well.

i don really intend to put a tank bra.coz i belive dificult to match the cover color and bike color.black cover is out. red also out. grey maybe not.. if have white cover..i don know oso..

aside that topic ,i wanna ask about engine oil changing during running in. i have read an article that we should not use a sysnthetic oil when u first change the engine oil.. how true is dat neway ??

thks