SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Blood Donation

roger

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

haha... me donated blood 5 times b4... quite fun experience... there was once i went to blood bank donate... then got one ang mo lady attend to me... see her take the needle out hands shaking sia... i ask her is she new here, then she told me no, 2 weeks liao... i got a shock... then she inject the anesthetic liao nv wait for awhile then poke the thick needle into my vein with her trembling hands... i tot i was in heaven sia... pain like dunno wat...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/98/44/3454489/6076769946073l.jpg

~Fast As Lightn|ng~

Keep pushing yourself. Be patient with yourself. Learning takes time and perseverance. Enjoy the process.

Spread your wings and fly.

Guest ViciousKitty74

Well, not all of us is low blood all the time.

So its up to you to figure out whether you really can offer to donate.

And for those who couldnt donate due to whatever reasons.

That thought to donate or offer support will be most appreciated.

Guest ViciousKitty74
Originally posted by Lightning@Nov 30 2004, 05:03 PM

i tot i was in heaven sia... pain like dunno wat...

heaven provides pain?

Or you are trying to say you enjoyed the pain?

no... the pain nearly killed me.. then i tot i was already in heaven... haha... coz she push in the needle slowly...

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/98/44/3454489/6076769946073l.jpg

~Fast As Lightn|ng~

Keep pushing yourself. Be patient with yourself. Learning takes time and perseverance. Enjoy the process.

Spread your wings and fly.

Guest ViciousKitty74
Originally posted by Lightning@Nov 30 2004, 05:19 PM

no... the pain nearly killed me.. then i tot i was already in heaven... haha... coz she push in the needle slowly...

Dam........

U makes me want to RA this topic instead.

donated 3 times but the 3rd time almost blackout. :giddy: maybe cuz the nurse newbie ba. she like having difficulty in putting the needle in. i juz kept staring at the needle and started to feel a bit funny. when everythings done, i juz lie there feeling a bit weak. after abt 5 mins, my vision became blurry liao. she quickly stop the whole process and ask me to come back 2 weeks later. so pai seh..:sian:

Guest ViciousKitty74
Originally posted by D@Nov 30 2004, 10:26 PM

donated 3 times but the 3rd time almost blackout. :giddy: maybe cuz the nurse newbie ba. she like having difficulty in putting the needle in. i juz kept staring at the needle and started to feel a bit funny. when everythings done, i juz lie there feeling a bit weak. after abt 5 mins, my vision became blurry liao. she quickly stop the whole process and ask me to come back 2 weeks later. so pai seh..:sian:

Hmmmm..........

Most times, after I cleared the registration, will always go over to the rest area to take lots of magazines before I go in for the actual donation.

And after I climb onto the bed/chair, I will start to put my arm out and start reading the mags.

By the time the nurse came around, I will tell them: "I dont want to see, just do your stuffs and let me know when to squeeze the ball.'

And then.....I will engross myself into the mag and by 20+ mins or so....I am done and have to stop flipping the mag to hold down the cottonwool to stop any more bleeding.

Usually when the 1st needle go in...my face will turn white and twitch a bit so I know I shouldn't stare at where it will frighten me more.

There is nothing to be 'pai seh' about. Even experienced donar also have times when they are too reactive to the sight, sounds and sensations.

Originally posted by ViciousKitty74@Nov 30 2004, 10:33 PM

Hmmmm..........

Most times, after I cleared the registration, will always go over to the rest area to take lots of magazines before I go in for the actual donation.

And after I climb onto the bed/chair, I will start to put my arm out and start reading the mags.

By the time the nurse came around, I will tell them: "I dont want to see, just do your stuffs and let me know when to squeeze the ball.'

And then.....I will engross myself into the mag and by 20+ mins or so....I am done and have to stop flipping the mag to hold down the cottonwool to stop any more bleeding.

Usually when the 1st needle go in...my face will turn white and twitch a bit so I know I shouldn't stare at where it will frighten me more.

There is nothing to be 'pai seh' about. Even experienced donar also have times when they are too reactive to the sight, sounds and sensations.

dats a gd idea. maybe i'll do dat the next time :thumb:

AND 1 point to take note. rmb to drink lotsa water b4 donating. advice frm the doc there. :smile:

Guest ViciousKitty74

Another thing to remind everyone.

If you just had an accident or any surgery. You are not allowed to donate blood untill 3 months after it all.

For those who recently have peircing or tattoos also. You are restricted from donating blood for a year.

i also donate blood 5 times liaoz...quite fun cos school got those kind of blood donation excerise then when have the time then go lor....good experience...heard from my friend that u go poly clinic got advantage one...u don't have to queue one...just show them ur donor card them they will put u in first place liaoz...dunno whether true anot...haven tried that yet...

http://images.animationfactory.com/animations/business/miscellaneous/customer_service_desk_sleeping/customer_service_desk_sleeping_lg_nwm.gif

Guest ViciousKitty74
Originally posted by D@zed@Dec 3 2004, 03:39 PM

i also donate blood 5 times liaoz...quite fun cos school got those kind of blood donation excerise then when have the time then go lor....good experience...heard from my friend that u go poly clinic got advantage one...u don't have to queue one...just show them ur donor card them they will put u in first place liaoz...dunno whether true anot...haven tried that yet...

Well, its an old practise that is suppose to be removed.

But yes. I still do have some priority when I go Polyclinic to see doctor.

And they will even assign me a female doctor even when I didnt request it.

Originally posted by ViciousKitty74@Dec 3 2004, 03:42 PM

Well, its an old practise that is suppose to be removed.

But yes. I still do have some priority when I go Polyclinic to see doctor.

And they will even assign me a female doctor even when I didnt request it.

but they won't let u consult the doc first izzit

http://images.animationfactory.com/animations/business/miscellaneous/customer_service_desk_sleeping/customer_service_desk_sleeping_lg_nwm.gif

Originally posted by ViciousKitty74@Dec 3 2004, 03:52 PM

Well....U still have to register and queue.

Be fair to the others that is sick also mah. :sweat:

oic....so that was last time lah...

Guest ViciousKitty74
Originally posted by D@zed@Dec 3 2004, 03:53 PM

oic....so that was last time lah...

Wah.....your last time can go in to see doctor w/o registering meh?

haha i super long never go poly clinic liao....i always go private clinic when i sick...faster mah...

Guest ViciousKitty74
Originally posted by D@zed@Dec 3 2004, 04:06 PM

haha i super long never go poly clinic liao....i always go private clinic when i sick...faster mah...

Some private clinics also honour the blood donars.

I remember I once got a discount for my consultation fees. 15% discount.

wah so good arh...but how the hell we know if they got honour anot

Guest ViciousKitty74

step one: open mouth

step two: say you are blood donar, got discount or not?

step three: when they say no, whine and act pityful.