SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Full face helmet on phantom?

got2bm

its ok... you don't have to rub that in... at least he is wearing something... right...? :smile:

lol... i don see how you came to the conclusion of me rubbing it in... it is just a well intended advice on my part...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

lol... i don see how you came to the conclusion of me rubbing it in... it is just a well intended advice on my part...

just in case he interpret that differently from you... but of course we know your intent is good :thirsty:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

bro, i noticed you do wear a jacket but it's those normal leather jacket w/o any armour... those wont protect you from impact...

i will suggest investing in proper armoured riding jacket...

perhaps u would like to consider an airbag jacket by motoair?

Mesh jacket with armoured elbow and shoulder pads. THe back, front and your neck is protected by the air bag.

Biggest plus point, it can be folded up and put in your side box and can get 1 for less than $200. :)

http://i87.photobucket.com/albums/k129/ckoonyin/ThenandNowver2a.jpg

perhaps u would like to consider an airbag jacket by motoair?

Mesh jacket with armoured elbow and shoulder pads. THe back, front and your neck is protected by the air bag.

Biggest plus point, it can be folded up and put in your side box and can get 1 for less than $200. :)

Darren still can't my size, hahaha....

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

leather jacket will protect u too....better than t shirts anytime...

yes, it will protect against abrasions and sliding across the tarmac. but it wont protect against impact with blunt objects like kerbs or other debris on the road.

imagine your elbow hitting hard against a hard blunt object with just a leather jacket... that will be a big ouch!

proper armoured riding jackets has either hard or soft armour, on the back, shoulder area and the elbow area.

some people prefer hard armour over soft armour and vice versa...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

leather jacket dun comes with waterproff dude..... there's alot of nice leather jacket out there ;D

Think i saw one in LAB few days back.. $12x++

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

yes it is waterproof..for walking pace only...

thats water resistance.. not proof ;D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

Yup, I'd tried that too but fail lah. Anyway bo bian but to either lock with bike chain or carry it around. Thanks bro! Cheers!

Hi, you could try putting it this way: place the 2 ff helmet opening cupping each other and facing the same direction, (they should now look like a heart shape from the top view). Place them into the rear box with the sharp of the heart shape pointing towards the front of the bike. Tilt the chin of both helmet slightly upwards until you can fit them snugly into the box. The cover should close nicely on them. I fit 2 ff into my box like this. Hopes it works for you.

On the issue with jackets, I just got discharged from the hospital for an accident on my phantom. Flew like superman, landed rolling on my right side. Not wearing any gear at that point. Irony is, I just bought a nice armour mesh jacket with CE protection. Thought it was going to be a short trip so didn't bother. Arm, knee, shoulder, hip, all road rash. Some part got scrape so deep it left depression in the flesh. My head (full face helmeted) struck the ground like a basket ball. My short glove, non knuckle type, big gapping hole in the palm.

Short trips only? Leather jacket? Some protection better than no protection?

Not worth it...

yeah!! thats why ladies!! wear more cloth when riding ;DD

Just saw a sexy lady riding R1 earlier on the road... wearing super tight shorts + spaggi top..

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

Just saw a sexy lady riding R1 earlier on the road... wearing super tight shorts + spaggi top..

be it ladies or guys or those special in-betweens, my advice is to dress for the fall not for the ride.

if moola isnt an issue for me, i definitely go for the best the market has to offer.

this is touch wood, the r1 sexy lady wont be sexy anymore if she slid across the tarmac resulting in horrible road rash... and the resulting scar? probably for life...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

Hi, you could try putting it this way: place the 2 ff helmet opening cupping each other and facing the same direction, (they should now look like a heart shape from the top view). Place them into the rear box with the sharp of the heart shape pointing towards the front of the bike. Tilt the chin of both helmet slightly upwards until you can fit them snugly into the box. The cover should close nicely on them. I fit 2 ff into my box like this. Hopes it works for you.

On the issue with jackets, I just got discharged from the hospital for an accident on my phantom. Flew like superman, landed rolling on my right side. Not wearing any gear at that point. Irony is, I just bought a nice armour mesh jacket with CE protection. Thought it was going to be a short trip so didn't bother. Arm, knee, shoulder, hip, all road rash. Some part got scrape so deep it left depression in the flesh. My head (full face helmeted) struck the ground like a basket ball. My short glove, non knuckle type, big gapping hole in the palm.

Not worth it...

Hope u recover quickly. :cheers:

Guess it's another lesson on why protective gears are impt and Murphy's Law is true.

Wooo!!!! Am sure she looks good!

And she'll go WOOOO!!!! also if anything happens too.....

Darren still can't my size, hahaha....

Yea.....Razali also wanted to get 1 but might not have size.

But thumbs up for the jacket.

Suddenly got the crazy idea to pull the cable to ensure the jacket is working fine leh. :cheeky:

yeah...might as well dont ride....if wear one thousand and one protective gears..

anyway....protection or not is individual choices..

this is my personal opinon only..i do understand that many think other wise..

Yea i guess it all boils down to your own perspective.

Watever it may be, it is will be your choice.

Not worth it...

Thanks bro, I've tried that too! 69, 77, doggie, yingyang, up up, down down, front back, also cannot, cos these HJC's helmets are pretty huge!

Get well soon bro! That wad I keep telling friends, and myself, to put on protective gears even if it's a short trip or just down the road! Just not worth it man!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

Yea.....Razali also wanted to get 1 but might not have size.

But thumbs up for the jacket.

Suddenly got the crazy idea to pull the cable to ensure the jacket is working fine leh. :cheeky:

Yea i guess it all boils down to your own perspective.

Watever it may be, it is will be your choice.

Let him try out your size 1st as I think he can fit into the XL. For me, it's bcos of my fat shoulder and arm which is tight around these areas.

Let him try out your size 1st as I think he can fit into the XL. For me, it's bcos of my fat shoulder and arm which is tight around these areas.

tried liao @ SGH that day......fits just nice.........but if the thing gets inflated might be sqeezing him.

tried liao @ SGH that day......fits just nice.........but if the thing gets inflated might be sqeezing him.

Think it suppose to be liddat lor! Otherwise will be moving around after it's inflated!

it sets me thinking..

wearing all those safety gears=going for sauna ahhhhhhhhhhhh..nirvana

:sweat:

it sets me thinking..

wearing all those safety gears=going for sauna ahhhhhhhhhhhh..nirvana

yea.....i got to admit.it is a tad too hot @ times......specially during mid day. :cheeky:

its better to be hot alive, than hot inside the incinerator dead... no offense but yea, ff saves lives...

u got a point....am sure we got friends who can attest to that on how FF saved their skins literally.

Ultimately it is still a personal point of view. Everyone is entitled to one. :thumb:

things change, tts y frm only class 2 become 2b 2a and 2... coz some ppl cant control big bikes den too much accident, causing the law to divide the cc into different classes... yea, its fun not to hav helmet or use small helmet, until u c a broken head with brain coming out, busted open jaw, tts wen u will tink differently.. anyway even thou i had, still using half face helmet coz ff really too ma fun for me, but i do wish to haf a ff thou :cheeky:

you dont need to ride fast and furious to have fun.....

the freedom that comes from riding.....thats enough for me...

thats the reason...why i dont mind riding a small bike that reads 40km/hr..on the speedo..

any way....thats life..u cant have everything...

anyway...boys and girls...and children of all ages dont do what i m saying.....it is just wishful thinking only...

agree with you.. what i love is just being on my bike. enjoying the freedorm.. Not speeding at 140km/hr and stuff...

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

When riding on any motorbike, without fail, I put on,

1. My fav helmet : RamIII

2. Riding padded jacket

3. Leather gloves

4. Army boots . . .lol

some of my friends thinks im crazy.. putting on so much gear. until one of them got into a bike accident...