SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[Discussion] Full face helmet on phantom?

got2bm

try looking for those headlight plastic restorer, last saw in a petrol kiosk by turtle wax for 20+, if minor scratch still can maybe restore, if too deep then bo pian liao....can i ask if anyone has a high speed buffing machine in their workshop???i need to experiment something to cure my curiosity....

Thanks Hamster! Will try that out as scratches seems to be filling my visor! Hehehe....

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

• Replies 298
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

try looking for those headlight plastic restorer, last saw in a petrol kiosk by turtle wax for 20+, if minor scratch still can maybe restore, if too deep then bo pian liao....can i ask if anyone has a high speed buffing machine in their workshop???i need to experiment something to cure my curiosity....

how high speed is considered high? :cheeky:

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

last time my givi simply can fit 2 flip ups no problem.. kappa 42l should be able to fit also.. position the helmet proper. unless yours are very big shell helmets..

I've tried many positions but still cannot leh! So I kept my pillion's FF in the top box and lock my FF with a chainlock to my rack, either that, just carry my FF around lor! But alot peeps staring as probably they've never seen a fat uncle carrying a FF b4! Hahahaha...

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

Hey guys, new phantom rider here..should have read this thread earlier and i would've gotten ff...damn!

Anw was wondering how much does a balaclava and a decent waterproof jacket cost and where to get ah?

Bro, this may sound ridiculous but my sincere advise is to trade in for FF's asap! We had and accident last week and the doc at SGH A&E said thanks to the FF that had save my wife's pretty face! I later took a look at her FF and really thank God for it!

I've tried many positions but still cannot leh! So I kept my pillion's FF in the top box and lock my FF with a chainlock to my rack, either that, just carry my FF around lor! But alot peeps staring as probably they've never seen a fat uncle carrying a FF b4! Hahahaha...

what size are your helmets? some big shell helmets will have difficulty.. mine was a M nolan flip up and agv S flip up.. but flipup shells are generally bigger.

how did you put the helmets?

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Bro, this may sound ridiculous but my sincere advise is to trade in for FF's asap! We had and accident last week and the doc at SGH A&E said thanks to the FF that had save my wife's pretty face! I later took a look at her FF and really thank God for it!

God look out for his children ;D speedy recovery pureice =D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

dang, now im confuse... FF, flip up, oxford bone dry riding boot, some mid cut riding boot or water proof armor jacket :cry:

if you are tight on budget, i will suggest getting one item one by one. starting with the head protection 1st.

most motorcyclists fatalities is due to injuries or severe trauma to the head.

the reason i don trust flip-ups is cos it's not a one whole piece constructed helmet. imo, FF helmets offer the best protection.

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

yup true... but the reason for my hesitation for the FF is coz i alrdy have 2 helmets and i had a pretty hard time wearing pat's ff once...

our heads are of different shape, likewise with the shape of the shell with the different brand of helmets... your head might not fit the shape of HJC helmet shell but i think you should try out other brands of helmets.

HJC more for round headed people like me i think...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

oh, yea... thks for the tip

np, if you are shopping for an helmet you might want to read up on this.

http://www.webbikeworld.com/motorcycle-helmets/motorcycle-helmet-faq.htm

happy shopping! :cheers:

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

what size are your helmets? some big shell helmets will have difficulty.. mine was a M nolan flip up and agv S flip up.. but flipup shells are generally bigger.

how did you put the helmets?

Oh, ours are XXL & L for HJC as we need to get 1 size bigger for this brand.

I've tried Yin-Yang method, both upright, 1 front 1 back, 1 upright 1 side, etc... also cannot. Any other method?

Oh, how much does the Nolan flip up cost? Tot of getting a pair if budget permits.

dang, now im confuse... FF, flip up, oxford bone dry riding boot, some mid cut riding boot or water proof armor jacket :cry:

if you are tight on budget, i will suggest getting one item one by one. starting with the head protection 1st.

most motorcyclists fatalities is due to injuries or severe trauma to the head.

the reason i don trust flip-ups is cos it's not a one whole piece constructed helmet. imo, FF helmets offer the best protection.

yup true... but the reason for my hesitation for the FF is coz i alrdy have 2 helmets and i had a pretty hard time wearing pat's ff once...

I fully agree with ahcai that you shud get the most important one 1st, which is the FF. Think the last time you din put it on correctly which can be rather painful (virgin mah!) and need a little of getting use too. Maybe you try with a proper balaclava or buff to tuck in your ears for the size at the shop. And if the HJC dun fit comfortably, den go for other brands bro. But in anycase, please get a FF asap! Ride safe bros!

Oh, ours are XXL & L for HJC as we need to get 1 size bigger for this brand.

I've tried Yin-Yang method, both upright, 1 front 1 back, 1 upright 1 side, etc... also cannot. Any other method?

Oh, how much does the Nolan flip up cost? Tot of getting a pair if budget permits.

hmm.. XXL and L shells could be a bit too big for your box to 'swallow'.. you try putting 1 upright, 1 lying with the front pointing towards the lock of the box. try both helmets at the different position. all else fails, get a bigger box. :angel:

hmm.. XXL and L shells could be a bit too big for your box to 'swallow'.. you try putting 1 upright, 1 lying with the front pointing towards the lock of the box. try both helmets at the different position. all else fails, get a bigger box. :angel:

Yup, I'd tried that too but fail lah. Anyway bo bian but to either lock with bike chain or carry it around. Thanks bro! Cheers!

helmet first.. then jacket 2nd.. then the boots... i now looking for highwayboot/ classic boots...

Thanks bro, already back to work yesterday :thumb::cheer:

huat lahz!!! good good good ;DD

Whahaha, bo liao! Someone mentioned that 77th Street also selling around $10/pc, you wanna try there?

Hahaha, you got it too!!! Hehehe....

yup yup... i got my buff from 77 street... nicer i felt.. ;-D

JOSHUA

class2B -26/2/09

class 2A -27/7/10

class 3 - 6/1/11

class 2 - 30/8/12

http://i920.photobucket.com/albums/ad44/jtzx/Image0020_JROT42b4_edited.gif?t=1246004022

helmet first.. then jacket 2nd.. then the boots... i now looking for highwayboot/ classic boots...

bro, i noticed you do wear a jacket but it's those normal leather jacket w/o any armour... those wont protect you from impact...

i will suggest investing in proper armoured riding jacket...

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

bro, i noticed you do wear a jacket but it's those normal leather jacket w/o any armour... those wont protect you from impact...

i will suggest investing in proper armoured riding jacket...

its ok... you don't have to rub that in... at least he is wearing something... right...? :smile:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg