SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Lube your chain

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hi, I am not riding a bike so didn't know you have to clean and lube the chain regularly. Question, if I don't do anything and just ask the motordiam to clean and lube for me when i go for servicing, would the chain still be able to work?

Super lazy lah, thanks!

Ask a good motortiam lube for u will surely be fine for ur chain, but unless u go for servicing every fortnight, the EO they use to lube for u wouldnt last long on ur chain. Ur chain will still be able to work, but they wouldnt work very well.

hmm.... its ok that u are super lazy (I am too), but are u oso very rich? If so, can just change ur chain more regularly. If not, the few minutes of chain lubing is unavoidable if u want ur chain to last.

And if u are willing to pay for being lazy, get the auto-oilers such as scottoiler, ~$200 for a hassle free and reliable chain maintenance system.

For me, I cant afford the $$ for a commercial oiler to save my lazy ass, so I did the next best alternative: learned from others to DIY my own "auto" oiler. Takes only a couple of hrs to put everything together, costs ard $10 if u use all the good materials.

hi, I am not riding a bike so didn't know you have to clean and lube the chain regularly. Question, if I don't do anything and just ask the motordiam to clean and lube for me when i go for servicing, would the chain still be able to work?

Super lazy lah, thanks!

Take Care of your bike , Bike will take care of you.

MotorTiam loves people like you .

::

anyone can advise me where to buy castrol chain wax? I saw it selling in petrol kiosk before, but now can't remember where. The price is much cheaper than the competitions.

Thanks in advance :smile:

http://www.castrol.com/castrol/productdetailmin.do?categoryId=8310049&contentId=6005949

John 15:7 (New International Version)

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

-- it's true & it really works for me. :)

ah boy got sell something like Repsol chian Lube.... is it ok to use that?

5 Oct 2005 - Jun 2007(SP) FS6059X

18 Jun 2007 - 26 Nov 2007 -> CBR400, L model problematic FJ532*S

26 Nov 2007 - 12 Nov 2011 -> TA200, FV2X2G

12 Nov 2011 - 12 Nov 2012 -> SYM GTS200, FZ99*0D

29 Nov 2012 - 13 July 2015 -> KIA Rio HB 1.4M, SFY*

13 Jul 2015 - 28 Apr 2018 -> Kia Cerato V2 SKT*

28 Apr 2018 till current -> Hyundai Elentra S_trim SLZ*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
i think castrol chain wax i once saw at esso, selling at 14 bucks if im not wrong..laterz..

actually i like chain wax alot, coz wax basically dun fling so much as lube. But maxima chain wax is so ex. Hopefully castrol chain wax is just as good.

7 If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be done for you.

• 2 weeks later...

i finally bought a big can of castrol chain wax from LAB to test. Cost only $9. For about the same size can, maxima chain wax cost $20.

When i do spray test on a piece of cardboard, it dries up and become smooth like candle wax, which means it will not fling. But how well it lubricates i dunno.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hey my s4 chain looks brownish bronze in colur. And has lots of sand and old thick black grease on it.. How do i get rid of the grease on the chain? Heard people say use kerosene but very uncomfortable with the chain guard over it and stuff.. Do i take out the chain guard and femove the chain and sproket myself to clean it.. or is there other ways to clean the grease on the chain?

“A bike is only as good as it's rider.â€

The best I can think of is to do this with a paintbrush, spinning the rear wheel as you clean the chain.

Of course, ya gotta wear some chemical-proof glove while doing so.

Co-Moderator for IT -inerary forum

Biker nerd • Windows • Apple Mac • Android user

"Kick up your sidestand bro, let's ride..."

Hey my s4 chain looks brownish bronze in colur. And has lots of sand and old thick black grease on it.. How do i get rid of the grease on the chain? Heard people say use kerosene but very uncomfortable with the chain guard over it and stuff.. Do i take out the chain guard and femove the chain and sproket myself to clean it.. or is there other ways to clean the grease on the chain?

Or u could use my method. Use 40wd. Juzz spray on the chain. Leave it few minutes. And wipe it with dry clothe. SImple and easy. But u may need plenty of dry cloth haahaha. the clthe will get very very very oily and dirty.

( THis method is best for super lazy ass like me hahaha, very lazy to disaemble the chain, spoket and put it in a bucket of petrol/kerosine.

i have been using maxima chainwax for the past 3 yrs. i only use kerosene and a brush to wash the chain once every yr or after my offroad days ;p.

summay,use a good chain wax - protect your chain and no need always wash the chain.

Jan 05 - Mar 06 : Honda NSR150SP

Mar 06 - Mar 07 : Suzuki RMX250

Mar 07 - Sep 07 : Honda XR400R

Aug 05 - Nov 09 : Honda XR125L

Sep 07 - Nov 09 : Suzuki GSR400K7

Mar 09 - Present : Yamaha R6'06

Nov 09 - Present : Honda Hornet 600

wd40 spoils your chain faster. pls read older posts.

i think i've read it be4. But if i hv a good memory, any X or O ring is not suitable to b wash with any chemical contain petroleum. but my chain is non O ring. Regular chain i guess...

And if i still remmber it correctly, Its ppl who use wd40 as a chain lubricant tht reli spoil their chain. Not using it as chain washer . SO mayb, juzz hv to make sure after cleaning da chain with wd40, rinse it with sumthing ( mayb water? ) to washed away the wd40 along with da dirty element...:cheeky: . Well thts my opinon though. Dunno its adviceable o not :cheeky:

( but if im not mistaken, i've read in 1 topic here, 1 way to clean da chain is using 40wd. Tht is where i got this idea of cleaning da chain with wd40... )

Well, any other opinoin on this are welcome. Im not a pro hik hik...:cheeky:

How bout gt85?

Some claim its safe to use on chains.

I've been using gt85 to clean those grimes and etc on my chains then wipe it clean then lube it with maxima chainwax.

Anyway, came across this vid, not sure how effective his method of lubing his chains since he spray then wipe.

Seeks advice here.

For me, I cant afford the $$ for a commercial oiler to save my lazy ass, so I did the next best alternative: learned from others to DIY my own "auto" oiler. Takes only a couple of hrs to put everything together, costs ard $10 if u use all the good materials.

How do you make a DIY auto oiler?

:gun: :faint:

He who never made a mistake never made a discovery