SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[DIY] How to cosmetically modify the Phantom?

gsenomics

Hi people... Help abit of help here.. Got a wide handlebar from LAB. Thinking of replacing the current one myself but got a few question.

1) How do I unscrew the nuts holding the currently handlebar? The nuts look so flat dunno how to unscrew leh.

2) How to remove the current grip as I am also replacing the grip. Do I force it out? Also do I need any glue or what to put on the new grip?

1. what you were looking at are bolt covers... you need to use a small screwdriver to pry them out before you can unlock the riser bolts... try not to lose those covers! :cheeky:

2. it is best to use compressed air gun... but normal people won't have that... so yes... use force...

glue is not necessary... and you won't want to be permanently stuck with that grip once it wear out... right...? :smile:

:cheers:

http://photos.friendster.com/photos/78/20/5760287/2_900727903l.jpg

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wa, u bought that ah... i just fixed together with my fren on his bike... very mafan! gotta extend all e electrical cables! gotta take n put back lots of stuff! i am tired just thinking about it! haha... :)

Wow.. seriously need to extend the electrical cables ar!! I dun have any cables leh.. maybe I should just bring to the shop and ask them to do.. haha. But wanna respray my handlebar black first. haha

Wow.. seriously need to extend the electrical cables ar!! I dun have any cables leh.. maybe I should just bring to the shop and ask them to do.. haha. But wanna respray my handlebar black first. haha

my handlebar is quite wide... and I didn't have to extend any of the cables... maybe you can just try first...? :smile:

if your handlebar's surface is smooth... the paint isn't going to stay on it... if you really want it black then you would have to powdercoat it... :sweat:

Bro getting the logo will cost around 20-25 if im not wrong why not just get something cheaper like sticker and they look better and easy to maintain

Slow down and see things beside you

http://ext.pimg.tw/linuswu5/4a66b3373ab9e.gif

my handlebar is quite wide... and I didn't have to extend any of the cables... maybe you can just try first...? :smile:

if your handlebar's surface is smooth... the paint isn't going to stay on it... if you really want it black then you would have to powdercoat it... :sweat:

i also dunno why e cables couldnt fit... cause i also wide handle bar but that very wide... also no nd extend electrical cable... n koon's bar also very wide right? i think he only uses long clutch cable n throttle cable right? he doesnt have to extend electrical cable right?

ah boy told my fren this bar is slightly longer than usual... if my fren wants. he can go n cut off about an inch from each end... but my fren didnt la... :)

There are 2 types of logo - one says Phantom Custom with some stars and the other one just "Phantom". Second type looks more minimalist = nicer.

Stickers - I recommend a certain shop in Bukit Merah opp Queensway Shopping Centre.

Anyway, cosmetics - hand drawn art in faux road tax disc, bought secondhand from a forumer, $1.

Ok thanks guys . I think I will leave it blank first and let it be completely black phantom :p

do you know how long powdercoating takes? considering to powercoat my triple clamp if the downtime isnt too long. where's a good place to do it?

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

do you know how long powdercoating takes? considering to powercoat my triple clamp if the downtime isnt too long. where's a good place to do it?

hmmm... so sorry I don't know... you probably have to ask chris about that... :sweat:

• 4 weeks later...

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w160/backtothefront88/Watchmen/new%20as%20of%2011-6/sprucemoosejupiter.jpg

After seeing the chome paint's results at D'Zali I'm tempted to do a WW2 bomber look. Everything silver with period decals and yep, that nose art on the windscreen!

I'm a sucker for vintage fashion :p

All that from watching the Watchmen movie... (its a lesser known DC comics movie tipping the scales at 3 hrs 45 mins!!)

http://i175.photobucket.com/albums/w160/backtothefront88/Watchmen/new%20as%20of%2011-6/sprucemoosejupiter.jpg

After seeing the chome paint's results at D'Zali I'm tempted to do a WW2 bomber look. Everything silver with period decals and yep, that nose art on the windscreen!

I'm a sucker for vintage fashion :p

All that from watching the Watchmen movie... (its a lesser known DC comics movie tipping the scales at 3 hrs 45 mins!!)

Go for it bro!!! Cheers!

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers:

Coincidentially I was looking at their advertising page on the forums last night. Quite a nice place for decals and other customisations. I'll likely be stuck in TPY till they close, though..

Ya, many recommendations to get decals from them. You need anything from them?

Don't do it to others what you don't want others to do to you! God bless! :cheers: