SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Tyre Review

Guest ZZR-Pilot

I m riding super4. Just changed from Duro tyres 110 front 140 rear to the BT023 tyres. It's a huge difference cause the BT023 is 120 front and 160 rear. On the new set when coming into bends, even a soft one the bike feels like it "auto" wanna go lower n seems like can go lower. Is this cause of tyre size or the type of tyres??

Cause I been riding on smaller specs tyres n not sure if this is normal?

But after 2 days riding, the BT023 I find is really awesome. Good grip n really good on corners.

Dunno how it'll perform on wet weather yet.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 3 weeks later...
I m riding super4. Just changed from Duro tyres 110 front 140 rear to the BT023 tyres. It's a huge difference cause the BT023 is 120 front and 160 rear. On the new set when coming into bends, even a soft one the bike feels like it "auto" wanna go lower n seems like can go lower. Is this cause of tyre size or the type of tyres??

Cause I been riding on smaller specs tyres n not sure if this is normal?

This is normal cos u change tires profile not only to a broader width but also to a lower one. When u take corners it feels as though the bike wants to go lower. The 1st time i feel the sensation quite scary.... But after awhile got used to it.

• 1 month later...

I'm currently riding super 4 and looking to change my tires but can't make up my mind on wat tires to go for. Looking at sportec M3 or M5 and BT090. But so far M3 seems to be out of stock so still cannot make up my mind. Any advice from the gurus here and where to find resonable price?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

To all riders in this thread,

Just to share.

I been trying to look for MICHELIN PILOT POWER for my friends class 2A bike quite a few months bike and quite alot of bike shops in SG do not have stock. Recently I have found a bike shop in SG that has the stock, and it cost $270 with installation & alignment. If i'm not wrong they only have stock for front 120 and rear 160.

PM me for more details!!

Hope this info helps.. Cheers!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Asked LAB about Michelin Pilot Road 3 and they quoted $300 for a pair on Super 4.

While Michelin Pilot Road 2 costs about $270.

Can i ask how is that pricing compared to other shops for the PR? Also, dont see many people doing tyre changes at LAB, do they do tyre change well?

Thanks

Power is Nothing Without Control

Bro, the way LAB mechanics handle your bike , u see already will get a shock. Very rough handling and don't think they will do balancing for your tyre.

I agree with you....I was there changing my tyres and the mentality of the mechanic simply CMI. Tyres maybe cheap from LAB but fitting is 3rd world country standard. Can't blame them cause worker from Malaysia so adopt those mentality. Having said that, I have seen quite a few bike shops whom worker are from Malaysia as well but have good work standard e.g HKL.

Bro, the way LAB mechanics handle your bike , u see already will get a shock. Very rough handling and don't think they will do balancing for your tyre.

Thanks - i will likely change my tires after CNY with Planet, he quoted me $320 for Michelin PR3. Can change with a piece of mind :D

Power is Nothing Without Control

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi guys,

I'm currently riding a R15 v1 with dunlop tt900 tyres. A few months ago I felt that my pick up became slower and my FC increasing so i asked around and they told me to check my tyre pressure and indeed, they were under-inflated.

So i pumped to the correct pressure (28 front / 33 rear) however the problem didn't go away.

I suspect the air might be leaking so i tried pumping them to the desirable pressure, waited for like 10 minutes and checked the pressure and huala! It went down by like 20-30 PSI.

Any remedies? or i've to change the whole tyre because they are quite new actually

if you cant find an obvious puncture, spray soapy water on the nozzle valve and see if it bubbles, signalling a leak at the nozzle. that one can be replaced for

http://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/689/siggyyy.jpghttp://imagizer.imageshack.us/v2/280x200q90/203/hsmj.jpg

It's true: it's more fun to ride a slow bike fast than to ride a fast bike slow. Admittedly, though... It is MOST fun to ride a fast bike fast!

• 4 weeks later...