SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Product : Tyre Review

Guest ZZR-Pilot

I haves used M5 on my super 4 previously and I must say it's good for our spore road conditions.triple compound in the middle followed by med and soft on the outside.I am considering getting those again for my R1 since I need a lasting tyre as I commute from west to east most of the time.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

guys, need your professional and personnal and humble opinion. currently riding a F800GS and looking to replace my Pirelli scorpion trails. Its good and i bet it be even good on tracks. though i feel the feedback in the wet could have been better.

my question is, which would you rather get? dunlop tr91, tourance next or tourance (1st Gen). im assuming the 1st Gen tourance will have the best off road capability and the next would have the best on road ability and the dunlop should in theory be in the middle. i travel mostly road but i do want to go into some off road. i dont really care about longevity cos usually i force myself to change tyres every year. wet handling is the most impt to me and i travel at up to 110-120km/h at times.

• 2 weeks later...
Hi guys I need you to share your thoughts and opinions with me. Planning to change my tires for my Super 4 Spec 1. Not really too sure which is the most value for money pair of tires. Care to share your 2cents worth?

Care to share more the way you rides? Many options to compare around, depends on your preference..

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Michelin has always been great.

Im really jealous that I dun have such vast technology and choices.

Im now running shinko 230 tourmaster on my shadow 400 very good reviews and i like it.Great but i dun reccomend it for other bikes

The same cant be said for shinko for other models. Read that they are unstable and sometimes crack suddenly.

Edited by Hydher

Dragstar 400 classic & Zx6r

• 1 month later...
Is metzeler z8 able to last ? how's the wear rate? I am considering trying this pair but wonder how much mileage it last, anyone got experienced on this?

What bike you riding? Z8 won't last as long as a pilot but it felt damn good on the straights, excellent on the bends and awesome in the rain.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

have a m5 tire on my r6, pump it up to the recommended tire pressure of 36psi. when it stationery it looks perfectly fine,but when im moving on the road it looks like its a little flat. there was even once some kind soul on the road wind down his windscreen and flag out to me shouting saying that my tire was punctured, when on to the road shoulder to check, it was perfectly fine. question, pump more air pressure? or its suppose to be a little flat when on the move for more road traction or whatever you call it.

• 4 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Hi All, hoping for some input on tyres for my CBR600RR. Primarily used for transport everyday, but will go track once in a while.

Have shortlisted the following, not sure which is best or where sell.

1) Metzeler Sportec M5 (heard from JR that M5 now all made in China, a bit apprehensive to take)

2) Michelin Power 3 (upgrade from Power 2CT but not sure if available in Singapore yet)

3) Bridgestone S20 EVO (not sure if available in Singapore)

And also, has anyone bought tyres from revzilla or ebay before?

If any bros here can help, i'll greatly appreciate it!

Edited by Heathx

RIDE.

2012 - 2015: Honda NSR150SP

2015 - current : Honda CBR600RR

• 2 weeks later...
Hi All, hoping for some input on tyres for my CBR600RR. Primarily used for transport everyday, but will go track once in a while.

Have shortlisted the following, not sure which is best or where sell.

1) Metzeler Sportec M5 (heard from JR that M5 now all made in China, a bit apprehensive to take)

2) Michelin Power 3 (upgrade from Power 2CT but not sure if available in Singapore yet)

3) Bridgestone S20 EVO (not sure if available in Singapore)

And also, has anyone bought tyres from revzilla or ebay before?

If any bros here can help, i'll greatly appreciate it!

my M5 changed at unique July 2014, made in Germany

Class 2B - 26/03/2009

Class 2A - 01/06/2010

Class 3 - 10/07/2009

Rides(s)

1) Honda TA150 - 20/04/2009 to 31/08/2014

2) Honda CB400 Ver S - 12/07/2014 to ???

• 5 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I have a rear Metzeler M5 160/60-ZR17 69W , bought for my BMW R1150R , mechanic told me is alright which actually I needed too use 170/60-ZR17 ,but it is not so after a month and 500km , asking if any Super Four riders wants it for $100 , brand new is $170 ,

image.jpgimage.jpg

Specs of the tire http://www.motorcycle.com/products/metzeler-sportec-m5-review-89457.html

Pls contact me Nine one one 2 one 6 3 8 Chris