SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Tiger 200cc

gargantua

Hi nbk3,

It is correct that the stock rear wheel sprocket is 43 teeth. You mentioned that yours was changed to a smaller 39 teeth one and delivers 90km/h at 6000rpm. Can you advise for my keen curiosity, what's the sustained speed attain at 4500, 5000 and 5500rpm with your sprocket size? These rpm value is where my 6th gear comfortably cruising on my side. Appreciate your observation and feedback. Thanks.

Violinbite

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi nbk3,

It is correct that the stock rear wheel sprocket is 43 teeth. You mentioned that yours was changed to a smaller 39 teeth one and delivers 90km/h at 6000rpm. Can you advise for my keen curiosity, what's the sustained speed attain at 4500, 5000 and 5500rpm with your sprocket size? These rpm value is where my 6th gear comfortably cruising on my side. Appreciate your observation and feedback. Thanks.

Violinbite

i recently changed mine to 13/41 as the previous chain/sprocket seemed to be giving me problems. from what i recall for a 13/39 setup, 6k rpm = 90kmh. 5k rpm = 80kmh.

yes the stock rear size is 43. after awhile i realize 13/41 gives a good balance for speed n torque especially becos majority of time i got a pillon :)

Hi PolarisX,

Where and when u guys usually meet up? My Tiger is one month old liao. :)

Violinbite

We havnt met up before as the group was considerably small. but as boon siew is starting to bring it in, im sure over time we'll grow. Hows ur running in so far?

Hi PolarisX,

Where and when u guys usually meet up? My Tiger is one month old liao. :)

Violinbite

We Tiger bros/sis have not met up together, EVER, if memory serves me right... Ya I liked the FB page ready. I think we shld ALL meet up soon!!

Ride Free, Ride Hard, and Ride Safe.

Current ride:Hyundai i30 CW (Sept 2016 - Present)

Yamaha FZ1-S (Aug 2014 - Present)

Previous ride: Honda Tiger 200 (Oct 2009 - Jun 2012)

Suzuki GSR 600 (Jun 2012 - Sept 2013)

Hyundai Matrix (Jun 2013 - Aug 2016)

We havnt met up before as the group was considerably small. but as boon siew is starting to bring it in, im sure over time we'll grow. Hows ur running in so far?

Hi nbk3,

The running in is great. I changed my EO at Ban Hong workshop about a week plus ago at 900km clocked. They used Mobil 1 10w-40 4T MC oil on my bike and it runs great (better than Castrol Power1, I felt). By the way, do u know or understand why, occasionally during switching UP the gear, sometimes we experience double clicking effect, sometime only single click effect at the gear foot level? Though either the gear is switched up nevertheless.

How's the speed going with 41 sprocket? What brand is your current sprocket? I usually don't pillion so will you think maybe a 40 sprocket be better for my case since I looking forward at a cruise at 65-70km/h at 4500rpm? (I like this rpm level at gear 6), not sure if anything can help.

Meeting in small group can still be fun.:-)

Violinbite

Hi nbk3,

The running in is great. I changed my EO at Ban Hong workshop about a week plus ago at 900km clocked. They used Mobil 1 10w-40 4T MC oil on my bike and it runs great (better than Castrol Power1, I felt). By the way, do u know or understand why, occasionally during switching UP the gear, sometimes we experience double clicking effect, sometime only single click effect at the gear foot level? Though either the gear is switched up nevertheless.

How's the speed going with 41 sprocket? What brand is your current sprocket? I usually don't pillion so will you think maybe a 40 sprocket be better for my case since I looking forward at a cruise at 65-70km/h at 4500rpm? (I like this rpm level at gear 6), not sure if anything can help.

Violinbite

Hi nbk3,

Violinbite

double clicking? hmmm, ive never noticed that thou. but if the gear switches are going well, I'll probably not worry too much.

for your prefered gearing, you can check it out here: http://www.gearingcommander.com/ since its a single rider most of the time, you can consider going 13/39, it had a good speed range

for my sprockets, I suspect its from honda, as the big label with clearly written part numbers had a big HONDA accompanying it. lol!

MY Honda tiger when change gear and pick up, there is a constant clicking sound around the front wheel. Went to b batok workshop, they said the chain system has problem, asked me to change the whole set to a golden colour chain. may i know if i it is the right diagnosis? and if i change in JB, is it cheaper? Which shop?

MY Honda tiger when change gear and pick up, there is a constant clicking sound around the front wheel. Went to b batok workshop, they said the chain system has problem, asked me to change the whole set to a golden colour chain. may i know if i it is the right diagnosis? and if i change in JB, is it cheaper? Which shop?

Hi Andrew,

What has chain to do with front wheel? Let the mechanic explains out to you, if not convince, can always seek several opinions from other workshop randomly to confirm if it's the problem. Nevertheless, chain is something constantly need maintenance/lubricating now and then in a week or two weeks.

Violinbite

Hi Andrew,

What has chain to do with front wheel? Let the mechanic explains out to you, if not convince, can always seek several opinions from other workshop randomly to confirm if it's the problem. Nevertheless, chain is something constantly need maintenance/lubricating now and then in a week or two weeks.

Violinbite

By the way, do u know or understand why, occasionally during switching UP the gear, sometimes we experience double clicking effect, sometime only single click effect at the gear foot level? Though either the gear is switched up nevertheless.

Violinbite

i noticed it tends to do that sometimes as well, now that you've mentioned it. but during my stint in BBDC, i noticed the bikes doing it there as well sometimes. so far it doesnt seem to be a problem, and according to my zero-mechanical-knowledge assumption, its the sound of it disengaging and then re-engaging. lol! if it aint broken, dont fix it :)

front wheel? theres no chain at the front wheel. I believe you were referring to the front sprocket area. during normal chain operation there should be a light sound from the chain, but if its irregular or regularly loud at spots, get it checked. a faulty chain will cause more problems then imaginable. starting from sprocket wear, to transmission problems.

'golden color chain' is too loose a reference. perhaps a brand would help? JB AGL fellas are not familiar with our bike, but they are familiar with our engine, (ie: phantom) my recommendation is to go to someone that you trust, get their opinion and weigh it with what you think.

changing stuff in JB would definitely be abit cheaper, but I'll only do so for simple stuff. pair it with a petrol run as well as makan, and it would be a nice ride for the night.

http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?v=10150842571358811&set=o.285519788205826&type=2&theater

Hey guys. Anyone can help? I was lubing my chain when i realise the thing moving. I dont know what it is called. I went to the nearest bike shop and the guy say need to change the rim. What do you think?

i dont think need to change rim. go seek another opinion, could be just a change of sprocket set needed. btw, i switched out of my sinnobs recently, seemed to have some manufacturing issues with either the sprocket or the chain. very uneven wear, now using normal sprockets with oring chain. much much better.

dont ride too long with it nor go too fast, those metal pieces are whats keeping the rear sproc in place along the axis.

went to the shop just now. they say need to change the rim coz the clip and washer and the rubber thing(damper?) dropped out. they keep insisting that it is because of the sprocket and not because of them not replacing it correctly when changing the tire. but i didnt have any problems before hand. damage gonna be abt 500++ to 600

went to the shop just now. they say need to change the rim coz the clip and washer and the rubber thing(damper?) dropped out. they keep insisting that it is because of the sprocket and not because of them not replacing it correctly when changing the tire. but i didnt have any problems before hand. damage gonna be abt 500++ to 600

wtf?! is there a 2nd opinion? drop by planet motors. my experience with them, althou limited, has been pleasant.

ard 8k is wif coe n insurance? i'm 26 this yr...

Hi t4kum1,

To be exact, I paid around $8150 with a need to top up insurance as I m still holding a triangle plate. The top up is another $150. The machine + coe + insurance was previously quoted to me at $7650. The reason for higher cost due to new tyres change, new IU unit and the storage box at the back. I got the Tiger slightly less than 2 months ago.

Violinbite

wtf?! is there a 2nd opinion? drop by planet motors. my experience with them, althou limited, has been pleasant.

unfortunately i have already left my bike there yesterday. they will call me once they got the parts that need to be changed and give me the quote first before proceeding. i think i'll go to planet motors next time. fyi i sent my bike to unique motors

just got a quote from unique motors. total is 720(rim, washer, booster, bolt&nut , front and rear sprocket) without the clip.no point in going forward as the main important part is the clip. im gonna try planet motors(if got time later) or jb(got quoted 600+).

i recently changed mine to 13/41 as the previous chain/sprocket seemed to be giving me problems. from what i recall for a 13/39 setup, 6k rpm = 90kmh. 5k rpm = 80kmh.

yes the stock rear size is 43. after awhile i realize 13/41 gives a good balance for speed n torque especially becos majority of time i got a pillon :)

Hi nbk3,

I managed to find an opportunity to push my Tiger to 100kmh and it was 7k rpm. I did a few times on 90kmh on a straight empty highway. By far, with stock 43 sprockets, I began to feel the 'punchy' acceleration offered by the stock sprocket which was quite a good feeling. Not sure if it was the breaking into higher speed range, I find my bike is more 'willing' to move to 60-70kmh range, though it is fixed 60kmh@4500rpm. I am rather curious what difference you get from your 41 sprocket. Did you loose your pick-up significantly and if your speed has much increase?

By far, with due dry weather, I often approach to halt at a traffic junction by OFF THROTTLE & FREE WHEELING down from cruising mode when it is about 100-150 meters from the red light junction and slow halt w brakes. With the use of free wheeling, I manage to clock a better mileage of 470km for 12 litres of petrol this time round. Though I don't recommend this free wheeling on wet road.

Violinbite

icic.. gt my tiger alrdy!! paid 9.4k in total... T_T

Hi t4kum1,

To be exact, I paid around $8150 with a need to top up insurance as I m still holding a triangle plate. The top up is another $150. The machine + coe + insurance was previously quoted to me at $7650. The reason for higher cost due to new tyres change, new IU unit and the storage box at the back. I got the Tiger slightly less than 2 months ago.

Violinbite