SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Tiger 200cc

gargantua

our bike is quite rare on the streets. my experience with bike shop (unique ubi) is that they took 1.5 hours just to get the correct battery for our bike so spares will be less than the common bikes. you can always go to universal motors as they are also the importer of tiger. for major accident repairs seriously i think must wait a while to get the parts . so ride safe gentlemen

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah man. maintenance wise, its easy. but spare parts, need to call around and do a bit of research first. though i found that seng motors, which is also part of universal motors at bukit merah, has most of the spare parts as when i went there to repair my bike, they have it on hand.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

hey guys. mileage for my tiger is 21800+ now. are there any other servicing needed to be done other than the eo change? the other day when pilloning, at a bend, the bike wobbled a bit. any idea what could be the cause? can a slightly deflated tyre cause the problem? cause my pillion is quite heavy.

TA200 expiring in sep'12. went to my bike shop, saw a tiger.

- clearly buang before on the right side; but also quite evident that it's a low speed crash; not much damage other than to the front fairing and the right signal.

- don't like the rear tyres; it's like scrambler type (cant remember tyre size)

- FBE plate (which means registered when? i think late 2010 or early 2011

- other than that all stock w/box i think

- i like the double disc brake and the carb injection (less maintenance or cheaper maintenance), age of bike is good

- mileage about 200-300km below 11,000km

- maintenance wise, so far ive read thru the thread abit- seems quite standard for 2b honda. but i've also read that spare parts can be hard to get? meaning what? i've only looked at the battery part; i mean, it's just a bloody battery right.

basically, the bikeshop offering me $4,500 flat. i might be able to include the insurance into it; i'm 27, so it's about $300 and it bloody annoys me because i'm getting older and paying more, so wtf.

im one of those lazy owners; almost never clean bike lol... just looking for transport bike to replace my TA200; which only has

so basically, will that be a good deal?

Sep'04 - Nov'05 (1yr, 2mths): NSR150SP (FR2577Z)

Nov'05 - Dec'06 (1yr, 1mths): GSX400R (FJ6410L)

Dec'06 - Sep'08 (1yr, 9mths): CBR929RR (FS3851U)

Sep'08 - Mar'12 (3yr, 5mths): TA200 (FV4581B)

Mar'12 - ???????????????????: GL200R (FBE5662G)

i think its a good deal. mine is FBE plate and i bought it in nov 2010 for $6500 (machine price). all the pros you've already said so i wont get into it. btw mine is at 22000+km now, so i think mileage wise its great. fuel wise, depends on your throttle control, can go abt 500km without reserve. but i will usually top up at around 450 km coz i dont like to use reserve.

hey guys. mileage for my tiger is 21800+ now. are there any other servicing needed to be done other than the eo change? the other day when pilloning, at a bend, the bike wobbled a bit. any idea what could be the cause? can a slightly deflated tyre cause the problem? cause my pillion is quite heavy.

the wobble cud be due to insufficient tyre pressures. im using 33/36psi for my front/rear tyres, have been rock solid both on dry and wet roads thus far. as for the maintenance, i believe nothing major needs to be done thus far. but i'll think of the brakefluid and probably see if the brake pads are due for change soon. probably check ur clutch/throttle cables if its been stretched, open it up for lubing if necessary. at 20k km, preventive maintenance is key.

TA200 expiring in sep'12. went to my bike shop, saw a tiger.

- clearly buang before on the right side; but also quite evident that it's a low speed crash; not much damage other than to the front fairing and the right signal.

- don't like the rear tyres; it's like scrambler type (cant remember tyre size)

- FBE plate (which means registered when? i think late 2010 or early 2011

- other than that all stock w/box i think

- i like the double disc brake and the carb injection (less maintenance or cheaper maintenance), age of bike is good

- mileage about 200-300km below 11,000km

- maintenance wise, so far ive read thru the thread abit- seems quite standard for 2b honda. but i've also read that spare parts can be hard to get? meaning what? i've only looked at the battery part; i mean, it's just a bloody battery right.

basically, the bikeshop offering me $4,500 flat. i might be able to include the insurance into it; i'm 27, so it's about $300 and it bloody annoys me because i'm getting older and paying more, so wtf.

im one of those lazy owners; almost never clean bike lol... just looking for transport bike to replace my TA200; which only has

so basically, will that be a good deal?

$4.5k in my opinion is clearly too expensive, for the current condition. if it clearly has buanged before, you wont truely know the extent of the damage until its too late. wheel bearings might be a goner, steering might need changing. my machine price was also about $6.5k back in late 11'.

i'll honestly say $3k might be more worth it for the current condition that uve mentioned. of cos, its just my opinion.

nbk3, i know what you're saying, but im highly doubtful that a minor skid- no other visible damage to the right side of the bike other than stated- can cause wheel bearings, or other parts for that matter, to have too significant damage.

i had a few skids myself, so i'm pretty experienced in what sort of damage skids can cause. in this case, i'm pretty sure that the skid was a low speed skid,

speaking of which- wheel bearings- how much does the spare part cost?

after reading the thread, there's no particular "price list" stated for spare parts; i reckon that the bike is pretty sturdy, but just in case, since i'm reading quite a fair bit of "difficult to get spare parts" stuff;

electricals

1) rectifier

2) magnetic coil

3) headlights

4) signal lights

5) brake lights

6) battery

*particularly the lights; it seems like i'm reading alot of bursting bulbs that might be difficult to replace.

mechanical/structural

6) fork seals

7) wheel bearings

8) handle bar

9) throttle/clutch cables

10) brake fluid

11) brake pads

12) brake disc

13) sprockets

14) chain

i've even read somewhere in this thread that parts have to be "borrowed" from pulsar?

you can see where i'm coming from; i mean, the bike is sturdy, but if it is true that there's an absence of spare parts, then in purchasing a 2nd hand bike, it becomes a major consideration.

15) air filter,

16) cdi,

17) ignition coil

18) voltage stabiliser

well, in this case becos uve viewed the bike personally, im sure u'll make a better valuation.

ive been riding this bike for about 7 months 13k km, thus far nothing major needs to be done. fc of about 37/l. stock tyres a tad slippery and especially evident that its lacking grip on metal gratings near constructoin sites/drain covers, hence muhdaiz and i have both changed it

no lah, the tyres are not stock; rear is dunlop roadmaster, front is some taiwanese "duro" brand; should be okay.

and, there's no respray necessary =)

in any case, i've booked the bike already after riding it today; will collect it sometime by the end of next week.

so these are my thoughts- not in particular order:

honestly, after the test-ride today, i think it's almost like brand new- esp the engine, so i think it's a good buy.

i agree that the price is somewhat higher than what i might offer, which would be about $3800-4200, but i'm not going to waste time haggling over $300. add the insurance in it's about $4,800; but that's probably a top-up since i'm just transferring within ntuc.

it's registered in June 2010, so March 2012 would make it 1yr 9mths old.

so machine price + COE 2yrs ago is about $6,500; annual depreciation @ $6500/120 = $55/mth, $6500 - (55 x 21) = $5,345.

(can't include insurance price as it is an entirely independent thing)

Less "skid"- which is minor, meaning there's nothing really to change- and "automatic depreciation upon sale of 10-20%" (depending on bike), i still say $4,500 is a decent price on the high side; which includes battery change, EO+plug change, carburettor washing, minor rust on exhaust to be sprayed, box will be transferred from my TA200 (looks bad, but at least it's bigger) and the usual admin changes (reg fees/ownership change/road tax).

on the reverse side, i cant say that offering 50% of the price (5yrs, $3,250) would be acceptable; after all, the bike is

in fact, the offer is better than 75% of the original price- 7.5yrs left (90mths), $4,800- as the current offer is 99mths, $4,500.

on the COE side; currently it's $1,753; so i'm paying ~$3,000 for the machine price; again, a decent deal for a bike that's only 21mths old.

at the end of the day, there really isn't much of an "accurate market price" because there are so little tigers and buyers around (illiquid market), the best reference to draw from- other than from the original purchase price- is the 150cc street bikes and perhaps the twister (250cc). in other words, if i wanted to sell this bike after say, 4yrs, i won't be surprised if the value drops to $2,250 or lower.

overall, if you compare to other bikes of the same registration date that are currently selling; such as yamaha 150i, cbr150, cbf 150; the price range is about $3000-$4000; depending on each bike of course, but most of which have already hit the 20,000km mark by now and this hasn't (~10,500km). so, additional power (~50cc), stability (no drifting when trucks drive past on e-way) and low mileage, the higher price relative to the 150cc bikes is reasonable.

*i've already ruled out pulsar, because i just don't trust it.

besides, i'm planning to use it for the whole 8yrs if possible and given that i don't ride to work everyday- only 2x or 3x a week in my current job that i probably will stay in for the next 2yrs- i think the engine/bike will last for a pretty darn long time without significant or many issues. i should also mention that there are no issues with the engine at all; hums like a bird. it's a honda engine too and if it lives up to it's reputation, it should be near bullet-proof.

of course, there's also the trust between the bikeshop and myself; i've been servicing there since Sep'04 and so far prices have been reasonable and the quality of repairs good- of course, it helps that my finances are ok- so i dont really want to haggle too much to damage the relationship lol.

then there's the bike condition itself, of which i've already mentioned in the previous post and after today's riding session; i'm pretty sure that the bike is basically brand new and most importantly, the engine is perfectly fine.

so top down- ok, bottom up- also ok. not much else to think about since the market for this bike is pretty illiquid, so any "resale value" analysis is probably irrelevant as there's no context.

the only thing i'm not too happy about is that i'm sure that the price for the bike will be cheaper after June this year due to a highly likely economic slowdown and, following which- the TA200's COE is still valid- so i can technically save some money by just being patient, but it really isn't in my character. 2ndly, i might be able to get some better resale value for my TA200 if i extend the bugger for another 5yrs.

payment wise, i'm dropping $500 for deposit and going for monthly instalments of $200/mth for 2yrs (doesn't hurt pocket too badly), so $4,000 / 200 = 20mths. If end of year got 1mth bonus, then that would pretty much hasten the payment process- i dont like carrying debt.

i forgot to ask; what's the bike price now?

Welcome to the Tiger club, okl... haha... Anyway my Tiger is ~2years 4 mths now... roaring strongly. It's a good bike!

Ride Free, Ride Hard, and Ride Safe.

Current ride:Hyundai i30 CW (Sept 2016 - Present)

Yamaha FZ1-S (Aug 2014 - Present)

Previous ride: Honda Tiger 200 (Oct 2009 - Jun 2012)

Suzuki GSR 600 (Jun 2012 - Sept 2013)

Hyundai Matrix (Jun 2013 - Aug 2016)

and COE goes up again to ~$2,000; so i'm paying about $2,500 for the machine price- a bike with 10.5k mileage on it and 1yr 9mths old; i dont think there's a better deal out there lol....

Omfg; retail price exc insurance now is $7,900. Less Coe @ around $2,000= $5,900 machine price. Yeah, this bike is a good deal.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/blogs/singaporescene/coe-prices-down-most-categories-092427787.html

"Motorcycle premiums were down by 25 per cent from $2,012 in the last bidding exercise to $1,490."

talk about being more patient lol...

thx guys, hope to see you guys on the street =D