SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Tiger 200cc

gargantua

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

hey guys. im planning to go batam to get some spare parts for our bike. i need to change a few stuff as some of them is bent or broken. any of you got any lobangs or idea of how to get? i was planning to just go there and see if i can find a shop that sell our parts. though if you know of any shops, it'll be much appreciated!

hey guys. im planning to go batam to get some spare parts for our bike. i need to change a few stuff as some of them is bent or broken. any of you got any lobangs or idea of how to get? i was planning to just go there and see if i can find a shop that sell our parts. though if you know of any shops, it'll be much appreciated!

hey there,

theres a list of honda shops here: http://www.astra-honda.com/index.php/jaringan/seacrh/3/56

i think most of them work with bike parts, some with car, try giving them a call and ask for stocks first before heading down :) they'll need the exact part number to check as well

hey there,

theres a list of honda shops here: http://www.astra-honda.com/index.php/jaringan/seacrh/3/56

i think most of them work with bike parts, some with car, try giving them a call and ask for stocks first before heading down :) they'll need the exact part number to check as well

thanks bro! will do. apparently your search is much better than mine coz i searched honda website but cant find the correct one. hahaha

thanks bro! will do. apparently your search is much better than mine coz i searched honda website but cant find the correct one. hahaha

no prob. credits due to my gf too. hahaha! btw, r u gonna be staying in batam for a night? cos some shops r quite out of the way.

Hi all,

I just met a guy in a amk ave 1 car park fixing up his Tiger 2 weeks ago. Just to update everyone who still on the STOCK tyres w his Tiger, this guy was pretty dismayed as he got buang (skidded) on DRY ground and headlamp cover and fairing was crack/scratched. He told me he gotten his grey Tiger around 7 months ago (FBF 9XXX). He seems like an experience rider as it was not a P plate bike, but got buang on under stock tyres. Hope this helps some of you out there considering new tyres by now..

Violinbite

Hi all,

I just met a guy in a amk ave 1 car park fixing up his Tiger 2 weeks ago. Just to update everyone who still on the STOCK tyres w his Tiger, this guy was pretty dismayed as he got buang (skidded) on DRY ground and headlamp cover and fairing was crack/scratched. He told me he gotten his grey Tiger around 7 months ago (FBF 9XXX). He seems like an experience rider as it was not a P plate bike, but got buang on under stock tyres. Hope this helps some of you out there considering new tyres by now..

Violinbite

Hi nbk3,

Btw, what is a thumb of rule in which we know that its time to get the tyres change? Any mileage guide or physical observation on the tyres itself? Test centre mentioned the groove shld still have 0.4cm depth, though I think it is way too used up by then..

Violinbite

**** man, sounds bad. i got my tires changed within the first 2 months of getting my bike. the compound was too hard and not very grippy especially when it rains. when i went over metal gratings around construction sites, i could literally feel my rear shift a little bit at times. so far my ive been on my bridgestones for about 25k km. but with the price having risen nearly 30%, i'm gonna try other brands soon.

with 0.4cm of groove left i personally think its about time to start thinking about a new pair of rubber, i'll probably change mine around 0.3 or 0.2. change too early its simply a waste of money, change too late it loses traction, hence again its how comfortable you are with it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
recent servicing includes

- oil change

- new tyre

- brake pad

- oiling cables/chains

- wash carb

still running fine with 37km/l at moderate acceleration and 90-100kmh highway speeds.

What have YOU done for your Tiger today?

I have just visited LAB yesterday to switch to a maintenance free battery. Its black in casing with 'YSY' label. Paid $45 for it and gotten freebies of a bike keychain and a big elasic band w 'Monster' logo (not sure what is that to to be use for?) .

Cleaned up my Tiger and waxed it. Oiled the chain myself.

Good mileage of 470km/12litres with V-Power.

Love the Bridgestone tyres, never a problem even under rain.

Cruising around 4500-5000rpm, once a while 5500rpm. Hardly above 6000rpm. Speed around 60-70km/h is fine for a city rider with no rush.

Violinbite

Hi nbk3,

Can I check w you if it is ok to use engine oil on the bike chain? I actually oiled at the pin where the inner and outer chain plates are connected, there is a little gap between the inner and outer plates for just a drop of oil. As for the roller which came in contact with the sprocket teeth, I apply the non-flick chain lube. I do this once a week over the weekend usually. Any adverse effect u think?

Violinbite

Hi nbk3,

Can I check w you if it is ok to use engine oil on the bike chain? I actually oiled at the pin where the inner and outer chain plates are connected, there is a little gap between the inner and outer plates for just a drop of oil. As for the roller which came in contact with the sprocket teeth, I apply the non-flick chain lube. I do this once a week over the weekend usually. Any adverse effect u think?

Violinbite

nope, sounds fine to me, better to have some lube then no lube at all :) helps keep the rust away!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi nbk3,

Previously I changed my EO at 6000km mileage. I understand that that our bike only needs 1 litre EO, but the mechanic suggested 1.5 litre, mentioned a slightly larger capacity for a 200cc engine. I took his advise for a cleaner enigine having more EO volume to dilute the soot, but in business sense, it gives them more sale. My concern is will there be an adverse effect for the overquenching of the EO to the engine? Or shall I say, this allow me to change EO less frequently since the volumn has increased?

Violinbite

Hi nbk3,

Previously I changed my EO at 6000km mileage. I understand that that our bike only needs 1 litre EO, but the mechanic suggested 1.5 litre, mentioned a slightly larger capacity for a 200cc engine. I took his advise for a cleaner enigine having more EO volume to dilute the soot, but in business sense, it gives them more sale. My concern is will there be an adverse effect for the overquenching of the EO to the engine? Or shall I say, this allow me to change EO less frequently since the volumn has increased?

Violinbite

sheesh! which mechanic is this? kindly share the place.

1.5L is too much of an overkill. if going by his theory, why not pour 2L or 3L in so you can dilute more soot = longer oil change interval = troll logic?

Stick with 1L and simply change it at the prescribed mileage, which actually is give/take 2000-3000km. 6000km is pushing it. the engine is designed with only so much space in it to sump oil, excess will simply either go places where its not supposed, or froth up and waste the oil, perhaps creating unnecessarily pressures within the block.

for our bike, DIY oil change is infact very very easy, 15minutes of your time is all it takes. If you're interested in doing so, just let me know.

Hi nbk3,

Violinbite

Ditch the stupid mechanic. Tiger engine is same as phantom engine so 1L is exactly what is needed. The dip stick also shows that 1L reaches the top mark. Although there is not much info about tiger in the internet, but there is tons of info about phantom. Whenever in doubt you can search for info in phantom thread or phantom service guide.

Hi nbk3,

This time the mechanic certainly screwed up.. It was a Chinese-mainlander mech hired by Ban Hon workshop. Thanks so much for the input. I am suppose that I m still not well inform on this, lack some readup on this area. Jeez... that was really bad to hear that on EO change. Yes, I think i really need some help from you if not too much trouble for you. Is this friday any good time for you? I was thinking, maybe it is good to drain out 0.5 litre of te EO and put it back into the bottle. I think it is ok since the EO has only ran in for less than 300km even by friday. Can have some kopi at te same time:-)

Where is a good place? I am at S'goon Nth/ AMK area. Please let me know. Thanks bro.

Violinbite

PS:- Thanks for your input too, Pulser.:-)

Hi fellas, I am a new rider and thinking of getting the honda tiger. May I ask, how wide tyres can we fit onto the rear of the bike's stock rims?

I like wide tyres for looks and stability, otherwise the bike on a whole fits my criteria fully. :)

pls advice

Rubber down, Shiny side up ! Always!

Hi fellas, I am a new rider and thinking of getting the honda tiger. May I ask, how wide tyres can we fit onto the rear of the bike's stock rims?

I like wide tyres for looks and stability, otherwise the bike on a whole fits my criteria fully. :)

pls advice

both 18" rims front and back

90/90 in front and 100/90 in the back, all can be tubeless. so far i havent tried nor seen the need for wider tyres.

its a good commuter bike, good pull, good fc, simple cheap maintenance.

• 4 weeks later...

Hello all!.. just got into a minor accident. broken mirror and cosmetic damages. i just wanna know, what is a good one stop shop for honda tigers?. do let me know as i wanna go to the shop first thing tomorrow. thanks

Gay up a bike and u get a Fino.Crash a Gilera and u get the ST200.

Hello all!.. just got into a minor accident. broken mirror and cosmetic damages. i just wanna know, what is a good one stop shop for honda tigers?. do let me know as i wanna go to the shop first thing tomorrow. thanks

its not a v common bike so most bike shops are out. safest bet is to go with those shops that actually sell this bike. i've good experience with heng motor at toh guan for my tiger's maintenance work.