SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Tiger 200cc

gargantua

IMG-20120316-01422(1).jpg

Photoshop the rear box away to see what it looked like. Nicer but smaller hahaha. Also went to up the pillon seat for more comfortable seating (so I won't slide down).

(PS this is nbk's bike - I just act nia)

http://26.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lmnw45ZAoQ1qjmniro1_400.gif

• Replies 779
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard the bike's engine is rough(noisy) compaired to other 150 or 200 bikes.Is a TA200 engine but more rough....

Ya it's quite loud for a 200cc. If you got chance to ride without helmet (of course not recommended la!!) or ask your friend to ride and you hear the raw noise wo helmet on, it's more of a low rumble + a sharp metallic sound instead of the low rumble only, and quite loud!!!

Hi,

Can Honda Tiger comfortably cruise ' relax' at 60-65 km/h at top gear (around 4000rpm or so) without straining the engine? I uses a Pulsar 180 and finds it wanting in speed as it starts to scream after hitting 60 km/h at 5000 rpm. It somehow pulls back in speed to about 50 km/h (relax tone) at top gear, at 4000rpm naturally once throttle is off. Hope to hear fr you. Thks

Violinbite

Hi all, im interested to get a honda tiger 2012 model. Is it availble in sg yet ?

I got few qns to ask .

Hope e experience bros can help answer.

How much otr roughly ?

I hav research n saw tt mainly bros get or from either ban hong bro or universal motor?

Its carb driven ?

Original tyres tubeless or wif tube ? Would prefer tubeless.

Wad e stock spoc ratio ?

Is there any box for it nw ?

E suspension is mono or double like super 4 ?

Thanks all i advance :)

Cheers

Andrew

Hi all, im interested to get a honda tiger 2012 model. Is it availble in sg yet ?

I got few qns to ask .

Hope e experience bros can help answer.

How much otr roughly ?

I hav research n saw tt mainly bros get or from either ban hong bro or universal motor?

For us we got from Heng Motors.

Its carb driven ?

Original tyres tubeless or wif tube ? Would prefer tubeless.

Stock is with tube. Changed it ah ahboy to tubeless.

Wad e stock spoc ratio ?

Is there any box for it nw ?

Box depends on where you buy some might throw in a lousy one. If not they will not give. It does not come with box from manufacturer.

E suspension is mono or double like super 4 ?

Thanks all i advance :)

Cheers

Andrew

Sorry I can only answer some qns I don't ride.

Thx for e reply kitty.

I juz nw went to heng motors near kembangan to ask as i was havin dinner nw there. They quote me 8.2k which inclusive of machine + coe which i think is abit too ex.

Mm we paid about 9.1k all in including initial road tax. But our coe was 2k.

Thx for e reply kitty.

I juz nw went to heng motors near kembangan to ask as i was havin dinner nw there. They quote me 8.2k which inclusive of machine + coe which i think is abit too ex.

Mm we paid about 9.1k all in including initial road tax. But our coe was 2k.

Thx for e reply kitty.

ohh that is out of my budget.. was hoping to cost ard 6 k plus all in..haizz

Haha a 200cc bike from Honda? Unlikely.

You'll have more luck with a Honda wave.. Or Yamaha spark..

I can only tell you it's worth it.

Good luck with your choices!

Haha a 200cc bike from Honda? Unlikely.

You'll have more luck with a Honda wave.. Or Yamaha spark..

I can only tell you it's worth it.

i do agree its worth paying more for extra 50cc. basically im looking at 200cc, coz e extra 50cc will come in handy. and u cant go wrong with honda.

Good luck with your choices!

hi violinbite, how much did u pay for all in? care to share here or pm me?

where did u bought it?

hi violinbite, how much did u pay for all in? care to share here or pm me?

where did u bought it?

Hi xunknown,

I have gotten my H. Tiger at Ban Hon at AMK Ind.Pk. As I m still holding my P plate, they added $150 to the free 1 year insurance ($100 originally - free). I have change both stock tyres to Bridgestone 45M offered by their workshop without delay by topping up $200. Done up a GIVI large box w bracket ($180). COE was $1896 to be exact. $165 for new IU. All in all, it was $8141 from their original OTR price of $7650 (this is price on machine price + COE@$1900 est. + 1/2 Road tax free). They gave a free helmet which is only good for occasional pillion in my opinion.

Hi nbk3,

Thanks so much for the advise and the number of hours spent on this forum on the Tiger. I got in changed immediately to Bridgestone 45M by topping up $200. Not going to 'buang' this for no good reason.:) By the way, I find it strange at this point of ride initially: the bike started well at idling mode of 1.2-1.5k rpm initially, but somehow when I ended a short journey ride back home, at gear 1, fully clutch-in, the machine just start to gradually shoot up to 4.5k rpm at idle (w/o throttling). Any clue to this? Everything else seems great so far, pretty powerful. In compare to my previous experience w Pulsar 180, the Tiger has less engine breaking effect than Pulsar, seems that slowing down needed to use more effect from brakes. Hope someone know the solution to e setback that I mentioned above on the high idling rpm.

Violinbite

Hi xunknown,

I have gotten my H. Tiger at Ban Hon at AMK Ind.Pk. As I m still holding my P plate, they added $150 to the free 1 year insurance ($100 originally - free). I have change both stock tyres to Bridgestone 45M offered by their workshop without delay by topping up $200. Done up a GIVI large box w bracket ($180). COE was $1896 to be exact. $165 for new IU. All in all, it was $8141 from their original OTR price of $7650 (this is price on machine price + COE@$1900 est. + 1/2 Road tax free). They gave a free helmet which is only good for occasional pillion in my opinion.

thx for e reply violinbite, im heading down to ban hong tml morning to check out, seems like quite a gd deal also.

cool, i hate e shock tube tyres too. seems like an additional value added services provided, but topping up 200 might seems ex in my opinion as i guess they will take back e stock tyres ? but then again, tubeless tyres is better suited in sg.

i hav a sp to scrap, maybe i can save on e iu price ba.

btw ur honda tiger is it e 2011 version? can i check wif u regarding e owners manual is it in english?

Hi nbk3,

Hope someone know the solution to e setback that I mentioned above on the high idling rpm.

Violinbite

for the unstable idling, i'll suggest heading back to the shop to get it checked out. to be honest im not too sure why

Hi Xunknown,

It may seems a little ex for the top up for the Bridgestone tyres, but I think it is still worth it. The Bridgestone ones are not too bad at all; I can sense the 'sticky traction' even cornering on a wet road. After all, if I ride out the workshop choosing other brands like Michelin Sporty, the stock tyres will be consider 'used' and other workshop will still charge full price for a set new of tyres. I just do away with the stock tyres and traded for a peace of mind as well. You can save on IU if use an old non-warrantied one ($65 only), and also if you don't hold a P plate, you save on $150 top up on insurance. These will bring down your cost below $8000 certainly. Yes, the manual booklet is in English. Great bike to ride, lots of power than my previous Pulsar 180 (which seems to have lots of raw power but somewhat cannot translate to speed:) )

Hi nbk3,

Yes. I send back my Tiger to workshop. They adjusted the carburetor mix in a couple of minutes. Things went on well again by far. Btw, is it good to use a full synthetic EO after break-in period? Any suggestion from your experience?

Violinbite

good to hear!

during break-in? hell no. my recommendation is to stick religiously to mineral oil please. whats the oil-change interval they suggested for you? for my break-in, i ran it a little more conservatively, changing at 100km, 300km, 1000km, before swtiching to semi-syn/syn.