SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Where are the 2B female learners at CDC?

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail my pract 2 omg. Sad. :( 4th time alr. Today raining my whole pants wet too. :( i still can't brake properly.. :( which poly are you in and what course you taking? :)

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/Siaolian/togetherforever.jpg

MAY THE V4 BE WITH YOU

I fail my pract 2 omg. Sad. :( 4th time alr. Today raining my whole pants wet too. :( i still can't brake properly.. :( which poly are you in and what course you taking? :)

Infinity, just now was your prac2? Is it the 1st session? Raining heavily right? I session 2, cant really see the road ahead properly coz the rain too heavy already. summore we didnt wear the raincoats. everyone didnt expect it to rain again :faint:

regarding the newspaper reports, both my parents showed me the newspaper lol. i've been riding on bike since young so no problem with that. my mum only feels that it's too dangerous.

actually male or females, it's still the same. maybe girls are prone to slower reaction and not-so-good in mechanical handling. but don't go too slow on expressways. it is easier to dodge if you are traveling at a higher speed. of course, tailgating is a different thing.

btw both the accidents happened in wee hours, before 6am. make sure you dont go have a girls night out on your bikes. it's like, don't drink and drive, if you don't drive to drink. lol makes sense right.

exact timing range would be fr 2-6am..

minimal traffic, hence vehicle will travel faster.. plus most clubs close @ 4am..

http://www.helpryans.com/images/banner1.gif
Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

wet weather...

few years back when i was taking prac 6, sky was bright red.. thinking will not rain, so all didn't wear raincoat when went out OTR..

but who knows.. the 1st junction after coming out, we see heavy downpour at the next junction.. wan to turn back also no chance.

in the end, after the lesson back in school, all drenched inside to outside..

1 of a kind of experience.. sometime pay $$$ also no have.. :p

Stock is good...Choose your weapon wisely and enjoy it...you can have all the $$$$ to mod and in the end you can't make full use of it....

haha i havent encountered any rain so far. i guess to be safe, dont carry anything with you during prac.

@lnfinity, did the instructor tell what your problem is? for braking, i tend to brake heavily too. just control and brake gradually - using rear and front brakes. for signaling, checking blind spots, and lane changing you must be smooth. it's somewhat step-by-step. remember to check rear view mirror first though.

prac 2 is more of familiarizing yourself when you're on the road. the instructor must have his reasons and you will thank him for that eventually (you still have prac 345678). then again maybe it was because of the rain that cause you to panic. anyway all the best!

Omg thank you all so much.

@shadowluva, cool my mummy is a nurse! :D

@cookiesandcream, yar yar omg I wore raincoat. Then you know what, I didn't know they had the waterproof pants too until I finished pract and my whole pants was wet. I book etrial right after that but couldn't go cos I went home to change as i've work at 1pm. :(

@alwayzhope, hmm my problem is forget to check blindspot. Must do a lot of things, then I'll forget some. Then ar, he say lane changing, must open throttle for more speed then lean in the direction you want to lane change. For forward movement lane changing. But that stretch of road so short, if I speed then I haven't lane change already reach the junction lor!!! Sigh. Actually I'm grateful he failed me. I'm not ready to go pract 3 yet. Haha.

http://i1209.photobucket.com/albums/cc393/Siaolian/togetherforever.jpg

MAY THE V4 BE WITH YOU

wet weather...

few years back when i was taking prac 6, sky was bright red.. thinking will not rain, so all didn't wear raincoat when went out OTR..

but who knows.. the 1st junction after coming out, we see heavy downpour at the next junction.. wan to turn back also no chance.

in the end, after the lesson back in school, all drenched inside to outside..

1 of a kind of experience.. sometime pay $$$ also no have.. :p

Yeah, agreed! I was drenched from head to toe. Thank god I brought dry clothes. haha. Saved me from weird stares in the bus. but otr when the raindrops hit my body, pain siaa. this is the first time that my prac is during heavy rain. but certainly fun! :angel:

How i wish for a riding gf.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

Yeah, agreed! I was drenched from head to toe. Thank god I brought dry clothes. haha. Saved me from weird stares in the bus. but otr when the raindrops hit my body, pain siaa. this is the first time that my prac is during heavy rain. but certainly fun! :angel:

talking about that, i forgot how i got home that evening... :cheeky:

@Infinity

haha yes there are a LOT of steps to do. that's why on my first try i even went off tracks and sort of forgot all the instructions given.

actually if i'm not wrong i only went up to gear 2. coz at that time i was still warming up. after a few rounds of practice and doing it the almost-right way, then i tried going up to a higher gear.

are you talking about after the traffic light, you turn left then have to change to right lane? check back. move off. check left blind spot & go up to gear 2. see rear view mirror. signal. check right blind spot. tilt bike to right and throttle more.

actually i'm sure you know how to do it. but probably when you're changing lane it's too slow. to make up for this you could maintain your speed after the turn (not so fast) then when you're changing lane you speed up. i think you are already doing this? then you'll have to practice more before repeating the steps at a higher speed. then you'll get a hang of it. be more confident. when you go to prac 3, believe me, you'll need more confidence for the fig 8 and crank course. you must familiarize the steps and able to do it simultaneously. i think the key word here is relax. you are enjoying the breeze!

Gah. Had pract 4 just now. Out of so many times, only once i managed to clear the plank with appropriate timing. The rest all drop off halfway. LOL, Ebrake, i think i went too fast. Cos my hand itchy keep throttling. Haha.

hey hey.. i went for pract 4 for the 1st time yst, plank was ok, cleared it quite easily. its slalom tts killing me, always hitting the last cone. LOL.. as for E brake, im the opp, i was told im too slow, haha.. bc i lingered at 20 - 25 km/ hr.. hahahaaha...

as for those taking pract 2, i went ard the circuit at gear 2 max too... easier to kick down esp when we have to stop all the time. i dont know if it works for u guys, but i always kick down to g1 before the yellow box junction unless its a straight ride thru, bc if u are the 2nd or 3rd bike, u kick up to g2 before the turn, u may nt get to turn if a car suddenly appear opp, then u have to kick down again to stop, u will tend to find it " too busy" to be checking all the blind spots, signal, etc.. kick up after the turns, unless u have ample time before the turn. dont know if its called " cheating" haha.. anyway, good luck to u guys, jia you!

Actually for e-brake, instructors say we have to go abv 30km/hr but not exceeding 35km/hr.. you actually don't need to really look at the meter.. just make sure the orange light appears.. its an indicator for the instructors to see if you're travelling above 30km/hr :cheeky:

orange light where? if its the light at the start of the course, i wont be able to see it while riding, isnt it... or is there another light somewhere? haha.. :sweat:

hey hey.. i went for pract 4 for the 1st time yst, plank was ok, cleared it quite easily. its slalom tts killing me, always hitting the last cone. LOL.. as for E brake, im the opp, i was told im too slow, haha.. bc i lingered at 20 - 25 km/ hr.. hahahaaha...

as for those taking pract 2, i went ard the circuit at gear 2 max too... easier to kick down esp when we have to stop all the time. i dont know if it works for u guys, but i always kick down to g1 before the yellow box junction unless its a straight ride thru, bc if u are the 2nd or 3rd bike, u kick up to g2 before the turn, u may nt get to turn if a car suddenly appear opp, then u have to kick down again to stop, u will tend to find it " too busy" to be checking all the blind spots, signal, etc.. kick up after the turns, unless u have ample time before the turn. dont know if its called " cheating" haha.. anyway, good luck to u guys, jia you!

be careful, you are not suppose to clutch in and 'coast' to stop.. should clutch in just before stopping..

cheers!

orange light where? if its the light at the start of the course, i wont be able to see it while riding, isnt it... or is there another light somewhere? haha.. :sweat:

you will see 3 sets of lights just above your meters..

1 x blue

1 x red

1 x orange..

if you are within the required speed, it will blink..

above 40kmh, it will stay ON.

just make it blink and you are safe.