SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

My DIY chain oiler [With alot of pics!!!]

wow dats troublesome why not jus go to shop and get it lubricated?

i think is up to personal preference

some like to lube their chain using the normal chain lube(i used to do this but always forget to bring out my chain lube and always kana my tire and messy)

some like to bring down to shop to do

some like us, like to DIY so that we can lube the chain while travelling(save time also,do 2 things at a go and also enjoy the joys of DIY your own bike)

so there is no hard and fast way is all up to the rider...:)

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Alvinyansg_Siggy.jpg

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

Bajaj Service & Spare Parts List #51601,Pg 1033

SBT Members List #49950,Pg 999

Pulsar Enhancement Info #39332,Pg787

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think is up to personal preference

some like to lube their chain using the normal chain lube(i used to do this but always forget to bring out my chain lube and always kana my tire and messy)

some like to bring down to shop to do

some like us, like to DIY so that we can lube the chain while travelling(save time also,do 2 things at a go and also enjoy the joys of DIY your own bike)

so there is no hard and fast way is all up to the rider...:)

It seem I can't find a suitable place to mount the bottle for on my Pulsar...

Oct 2010 : Bajaj Pulsar 180 DTSI UG3

Jan 2015 : Honda NC750X

:clap:

• 4 weeks later...

got a question for diy oiler users.. would having more oil in the reservoir result in a significantly higher drip rate? i.e. when just refilled the oil vs when reservoir at halfway mark. would you guys have to keep adjusting flow rate?

or would the difference be so negligible that all you need to do is switch it on and off.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185604[/ATTACH]07102010828 (Small).jpg

Hi bro hope the pic is clear enuf (this is the only pic i hv hehe!) i hv 3 valves in total.

Valve 1 on top of reservoir. (ON/OFF air flow)

Valve 2 under swingarm - MAIN ON/OFF valve (orange valve)

Valve 3 under swingarm - control flow rate. (black valve)

Valve 1/2/3 close - NO airflow, NO lube flow.

Valve 1 OPEN BUT Valve 2 CLOSE - GOT airflow so lube flow to Valve 2 BUT STOP.

Valve 1 OPEN, Valve 2 OPEN BUT Valve 3 close - GOT airflow so lube flow to Valve 3 AND STOP.

Valve 1/2/3 OPEN - Straight flow. Use Valve 3 to control dip flow. IF dripping still too fast use Valve 2 to further fine tune.

U can use 2 Valves but i prefer using 2. I heard u can use pumping method like Ezzyoiler but not sure hw.

There are other styles the bros here did u can ask dem too. Hope the info are sufficient. Gd luck & cheers!

Life's short, ride safe.:cool:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]185604[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]185603[/ATTACH]

Hi bro hope the pic is clear enuf (this is the only pic i hv hehe!) i hv 3 valves in total.

Valve 1 on top of reservoir. (ON/OFF air flow)

Valve 2 under swingarm - MAIN ON/OFF valve (orange valve)

Valve 3 under swingarm - control flow rate. (black valve)

Valve 1/2/3 close - NO airflow, NO lube flow.

Valve 1 OPEN BUT Valve 2 CLOSE - GOT airflow so lube flow to Valve 2 BUT STOP.

Valve 1 OPEN, Valve 2 OPEN BUT Valve 3 close - GOT airflow so lube flow to Valve 3 AND STOP.

Valve 1/2/3 OPEN - Straight flow. Use Valve 3 to control dip flow. IF dripping still too fast use Valve 2 to further fine tune.

U can use 2 Valves but i prefer using 2. I heard u can use pumping method like Ezzyoiler but not sure hw.

There are other styles the bros here did u can ask dem too. Hope the info are sufficient. Gd luck & cheers!

actually if using the gravity feed no need the air flow valve also can

just make sure your oil container is high enough

i using only 1 valve the metal one to control both on/off and flow rate

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Alvinyansg_Siggy.jpg

Ride Safe

Arrive ALIVE

Bajaj Service & Spare Parts List #51601,Pg 1033

SBT Members List #49950,Pg 999

Pulsar Enhancement Info #39332,Pg787

thought of doin like urs but i kiasu 3 times the safety but also 3 times the headache hehe

Life's short, ride safe.:cool:

i tried making my own version also. but than realized the valve was leaking, so i took the whole thing out for now, until i can find one suitable valve. saw the previous thread. might go have a look.

Anyway, if no airflow valve, assuming the top of the bottle, it wont flow out if the whole system is tightly sealed. There will be a vacuum in the bottle preventing the oil from flowing out(theoretical), which will affect the flow(if there's any at all).

Just my 2 cents.

that im not too sure bro but in theory becoz of a vacuum space there will not be any flow. however u can try...

tried. almost no flow even with both the on/off and control valve open to max. the minimal flow was present because of the leakage of the valve. Note to self, valve is very important, also make sure got airflow valve( actually just a small hole on the bottle will do)

get this valve. very very good so far no leakage.

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/furious_88/Picture004.jpg

1993- RD

1994- RXZ

1995- Hornet

1997- GsxR

1999- S4 verS

2003- S4 spec II

2009- Wave X

2010- GSR400

2011- NA

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g81/furious_88/n505940099_1530627_3619copy.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

juz use unclube for the oil .... wah $3 2t from LAB smell so good ..... better then the 4t smell ....

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

• 1 month later...

anyone can help, jus haf my oiler fixed to my bike over d wk end... & before fixing up, i clean my chain & my bike kilat kilat, today start to use my oiler but d oile fly everywhere, dirty my bike tires & body.... fixing to close to d chain & scoket afraid d oiler get cauge to d scoket, too far & it like not working, anyone can enlighten where u fix d oiler dip?