SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda CB400 Super 4 Ver S/Spec 1,2,3

KCIM

Can hit 140 no problem, top speed I never try before. Fuel consumption is good enough but top end will lose out to vtec machines, exhaust note also.

Ver s, project big and all are super old bikes. Wiring, brake pump/ hose, cooling system might have problem the eyes can't see so yah. Thing about the s4 is that most user thing they are so hardy and bullet proof, at the end of the day basic preventive maintenance is ignored. Lol

the preventive maintenence ignored, bike still runs. S4 has one of the most reliable engins around

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi guys, got a few questions. What is the Ver S top speed and it's FC? I heard the non-VTEC versions such as the Ver S have the best FC among the S4s. Thanks!

Top speed 180+, tried and tested. The engines are bullet proof, they are the Wave of class 2A but as far as power goes, its outgunned by other 400cc inline 4s in power or acceleration, its still more powerful than 2B bikes tho.

the preventive maintenence ignored, bike still runs. S4 has one of the most reliable engins around

Agreed but none the less can still ruin a block if your cooling jacket has corroded through or piston ring, gasket blown etc. all can be accelerated by neglect.

But the S4 even the version S and older are just so reliable that it gets boring hahaha. Honda should give it inverted forks and uses less cyclinders to drive maintenance cost down and I will buy 1 again as a second bike without skipping a heart beat

Agreed but none the less can still ruin a block if your cooling jacket has corroded through or piston ring, gasket blown etc. all can be accelerated by neglect.

But the S4 even the version S and older are just so reliable that it gets boring hahaha. Honda should give it inverted forks and uses less cyclinders to drive maintenance cost down and I will buy 1 again as a second bike without skipping a heart beat

Lol, then they wouldn call it a super 4 anymore, maybe call it a super two?

Hi guys, got a few questions. What is the Ver S top speed and it's FC? I heard the non-VTEC versions such as the Ver S have the best FC among the S4s. Thanks!

Fuel consumption is definitely the best among all succeeding Super Fours; 25 km per litre; full tank is 14 litre + 2 litre (reserve). I'm riding one now, and Version S is a classic. Not surprising to see Version Ss on the road still.

But if you own one, I suggest you keep it for your own use until it really becomes obsolete. Not many after market products for Version S now.

Fuel consumption is definitely the best among all succeeding Super Fours; 25 km per litre; full tank is 14 litre + 2 litre (reserve). I'm riding one now, and Version S is a classic. Not surprising to see Version Ss on the road still.

But if you own one, I suggest you keep it for your own use until it really becomes obsolete. Not many after market products for Version S now.

Their spares are a lil expensive because they are not in production anymore.

Heard that the Revo, compared to the older S4 like Ver S, Spec 1 etc, is not so reliable on the parts. Eg, the coil give way after 3 yrs when he usually see such cases at the 8-10th year, the fuel inject have chronic issues.... I was advised that's the reason he (bike shop) advised he SG, the spec 3 is so overpriced, coz its the "newest" s4 that don't have reliability issues ( by Honda standards ). That also explains strange things like people buying a 2nd hand revo that is a few yrs newer than a Spec 3 but yet only cost 1-2 k more. In this case, the buyer thought he got a good deal only to realize the "reason" at a later date. Any inputs on this? Thanks.

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

Riders ride to work. Drivers work to drive.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I own a Version S! Top speed is about 180. By 170 the bike accelerates rather slowly already, i didnt really dare to hold that sort of speed for too long to hit that speed.

But the bike can handle comfortably ( accelerate decently ) at around 150 to 160 kmph. I travelled a hundred km or so at that speed. Fuel consumption wise, i'm not too sure. My bike seems to drink a lot of petrol even when i ride extremely conservatively (18km/litre ), but i suspect my fuel air mixture is too rich already, needa send to tune the carbs.

Hi! I own a Version S! Top speed is about 180. By 170 the bike accelerates rather slowly already, i didnt really dare to hold that sort of speed for too long to hit that speed.

But the bike can handle comfortably ( accelerate decently ) at around 150 to 160 kmph. I travelled a hundred km or so at that speed. Fuel consumption wise, i'm not too sure. My bike seems to drink a lot of petrol even when i ride extremely conservatively (18km/litre ), but i suspect my fuel air mixture is too rich already, needa send to tune the carbs.

I think you should go to mechanic and diagnose what's the problem man. I suspect fuel-air mixture also, so probably you can get your carburetor checked or serviced. Version S; sterdy, but an old bike is an old bike; needs more care.

Or you can get those fuel mix to clean your engine fuel system like Bardahl.

Anyway, anyone experiences warm or hot air below the tank or around the engine region when riding your Super Four? I can feel hot air around my legs when riding, and I don't think it's coolant problem.

I think you should go to mechanic and diagnose what's the problem man. I suspect fuel-air mixture also, so probably you can get your carburetor checked or serviced. Version S; sterdy, but an old bike is an old bike; needs more care.

Or you can get those fuel mix to clean your engine fuel system like Bardahl.

Anyway, anyone experiences warm or hot air below the tank or around the engine region when riding your Super Four? I can feel hot air around my legs when riding, and I don't think it's coolant problem.

Air from the front travels under the tank (between the engine) to cool the cdi which is between the seat and just under the back part of the tank. It also blows hot air from the engine at the same time thats why your legs feel hot. If coolant problem your bike will overheat but still better to ask your mech to check coolant level too. And vacuum test for leaks in the coolant system if necessary.

My pb1 purrs at 120kmh. In fact she's begging for more. Heeeee

Sent from my GT-I9305 using Tapatalk 2

94-95 FJ5514C xr200r,95-97 FK8732P Suzuki bandit GSF400P,96-97 FD6122A Xr350r,97-99 FP1472J KawaGt550,99-01 FR9492M Honda S4cb400vtec1,98-10 AV2612T vespa px150,98-10 AQ5313M vespa vbb150,01-03 FR7087M Harley fatboy flstf,06-08 FA8752J Vespa Rally PX,05-07 FN6735D Steed VSE 400,07-11 SGQ6458P Opel Meriva 1.6FL, 08-09 FP4470U S4 Ver S,09-11 FP1152H Honda steed VSE 400 bobber

My prev Ver S with dragging gears hear & there 50/50 city highway in the past 20/litre. Changed to KNN air filter. Heard others do 22/litre easily.

1997 TZR 125 - 1998 FZ 150 - 1999 GSXR 400K - 1999 RX 100 - 2000 LC 125 - 2001 TZR 125 - 2002 CB 400 Ver S - 2006 CBR 929 - 2006 GETZ 1.4 - 2009 STEED 400 - 2016 ???

• 4 weeks later...
Has anyone overhauled their Super Four? Especially for version S, and how much?

I did mine, but for Spec3

Cost 2.2k

Change all engine bearing, Conrod bearing, crankshaft bearing, timing chain, tensioner, both guides, piston ring, valve, valve seal n ect .. All original parts

I did mine, but for Spec3

Cost 2.2k

Change all engine bearing, Conrod bearing, crankshaft bearing, timing chain, tensioner, both guides, piston ring, valve, valve seal n ect .. All original parts

Ooo so yours is FULL overhaul right?

Just wondering, why overhaul? Spec III quite new sia.

I did a top overhaul (upper half of engine) for my Ver S for $700. That was back in 2005. Occurred when engine was at approx. 100k ,mileage.

Hi guys...

I have been thinking of getting a superfour for a loooong time now. As usual i am also unable to decide which spec to take.

I am narrowing it down to SPEC 3 or Revo...(unless if someone can convince if spec 2 is good enough)

I heard from mech that revo maintance high as its all computerized. Was adviced to take Spec 3 as its cheaper to maintain. Wherelse i also have cousins saying spec 2 Good enough for spore road haha.

I am currently serving my national service. Dont know much about 4 stroke as i was previously riding 2 stroke. I am basically looking for a bike with power,fairly fast and fuel efficient bike.

Do u guys think i will be able to manage with my NS pay ($550) ??

Revo or spec 3 ?? (i wanna know more abt the maintaince and stuff)

pls share on points to take note.

thanks in advance :)

I am not a racer. I am a rider.

Hi guys...

I have been thinking of getting a superfour for a loooong time now. As usual i am also unable to decide which spec to take.

I am narrowing it down to SPEC 3 or Revo...(unless if someone can convince if spec 2 is good enough)

I heard from mech that revo maintance high as its all computerized. Was adviced to take Spec 3 as its cheaper to maintain. Wherelse i also have cousins saying spec 2 Good enough for spore road haha.

I am currently serving my national service. Dont know much about 4 stroke as i was previously riding 2 stroke. I am basically looking for a bike with power,fairly fast and fuel efficient bike.

Do u guys think i will be able to manage with my NS pay ($550) ??

Revo or spec 3 ?? (i wanna know more abt the maintaince and stuff)

pls share on points to take note.

thanks in advance :)

Revo and spec 3 maintenance is similar.

Cost of buying bike depends on ur budget and downpayment.

Spec 3 takes time to find a good condition one due to the wear & tear and abuse it has took throughout the yrs.

Buy within your budget. Better to be late than never

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE

• 1 month later...

i still prefer carb models with spec 3 being the 'youngest'

however now the prices are so ridiculous last few years 9.8k, now also 9.8k, macam no drop.

Honda NSR150SP: 2012-2015

Honda RVF NC35: 2015

Triumph Daytona 675: 2015-present

SYM GTS 200: 2016-present

Conquered Places: Chiang Mai, MHS, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Bangkok, Hatyai, Danok, Genting, KL, Port Dickson, Seremban, Malacca, Kluang, Mersing, Desaru

i still prefer carb models with spec 3 being the 'youngest'

however now the prices are so ridiculous last few years 9.8k, now also 9.8k, macam no drop.

Honda NSR150SP: 2012-2015

Honda RVF NC35: 2015

Triumph Daytona 675: 2015-present

SYM GTS 200: 2016-present

Conquered Places: Chiang Mai, MHS, Pai, Doi Inthanon, Bangkok, Hatyai, Danok, Genting, KL, Port Dickson, Seremban, Malacca, Kluang, Mersing, Desaru

• 2 weeks later...

Yamaha RXZ, Kawasaki ZX KR150, Yamaha Spark135, Honda CB400 REVO NC42, Suzuki DRZ400SMK8, Aprilia RS125, Suzuki GSXR600K9, Honda RS150R

Click on the bike models for Information/Servicing/Maintenance on Kawasaki KR150, Honda CB400 Revo, Suzuki DRZ400SM and Suzuki GSXR

Facebook HONDA CB400 REVO

Can't post a new thread ?? Read HERE

SBF Garage Sales Act ---> Read HERE