SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha TDM 900

comics00

Originally posted by solo@Aug 24 2004, 12:17 PM

hey guys, do you happen to know where i can get the dent in my fuel tank removed? possibly caused by removing of helmet too enthusiatically... car workshops have that, how about bike mechs? called up Mtechnik and was told that they only do putty and respray. prefer the "knock it back into shape" type

I saw an ad in yahoo or somewhere where they are able to remove those 10c 20c dents in car doors without knocking. Use some suction device if I am not wrong. Try doing a search on the google or yahoo. Thought it was a mango that dropped from the mango tree u parked under??? :confused:

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJ..

• kmax

• vtr firestorm

• Paikia44

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by solo@Aug 24 2004, 12:17 PM

hey guys, do you happen to know where i can get the dent in my fuel tank removed? possibly caused by removing of helmet too enthusiatically... car workshops have that, how about bike mechs? called up Mtechnik and was told that they only do putty and respray. prefer the "knock it back into shape" type

Hi Solo,

I know a place, where an old timer knock out the dents...the Address is Blk 4035 Ang Mo Kio Industrial Park 1 #01-53 look for AH YEW(old timer) roughly takes about 30 to 40 minutes depend on the dent size how bad it is cost about $40 to $55 (sure can bargain always ask first..!) but he does not do any spraying only does knocking...

Tel. 6456 1729

I hope this old timer(AH YEW) can help you.

Silverghost.o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by barracuda@Aug 28 2004, 10:59 AM

Pretty quiet here recently

Here's a photo of a TDM900 with lower fairings

Hi Guys,

What happen :confused: to your thread a kind of slow down recently...I used to go thru your thread..!

The "TDM" with the lower cowling looks :lovestruck: beautifull that's a nice picture..! looks very garang(fierce!).

Silverghost. o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Aug 31 2004, 10:05 PM

Hi Guys,

What happen :confused: to your thread a kind of slow down recently...I used to go thru your thread..!

The "TDM" with the lower cowling looks :lovestruck: beautifull that's a nice picture..! looks very garang(fierce!).

Silverghost. o_O

It heats up normally when there are people wanting to buy TDMs hahaha. Now the GSS is over... so traffic gone down lor. I've yet to go HL though, so din check the price of the mirrors. Still awhile to go (3000km more) for my next servicing. Personally I like to see an exposed engine. The TDM parrallel twin design is really pretty neat. Wasted to cover it up IMHO. But some ppl will prefer the aerodynamics of having a lower fairing to 'cut' wind.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

managed to get the dent knocked out. in case someone else may need this info, here goes -

Ah Yew is the guy who knocks the dents out. he does not have his own shop nor will he remove your fuel tank. Charges about $40 to $50, depending on difficulty. Address - blk 4035 amk ind pk 1 #01-53 (metal workshop which he shares)

there is a bike shop along the same row that will remove your tank for $15 for Ah Yew to fix. Address - blk 4035 amk ind pk 1 #01-39

time taken to remove dent is 30mins. time taken to remove and replace tank is 1hr. apparently other bike shops (eg Looi) go to him too. respray not needed. :smile:

Originally posted by solo@Sep 2 2004, 10:44 AM

managed to get the dent knocked out. in case someone else may need this info, here goes -

Ah Yew is the guy who knocks the dents out. he does not have his own shop nor will he remove your fuel tank. Charges about $40 to $50, depending on difficulty. Address - blk 4035 amk ind pk 1 #01-53 (metal workshop which he shares)

there is a bike shop along the same row that will remove your tank for $15 for Ah Yew to fix. Address - blk 4035 amk ind pk 1 #01-39

time taken to remove dent is 30mins. time taken to remove and replace tank is 1hr. apparently other bike shops (eg Looi) go to him too. respray not needed. :smile:

But exactly does he remove the dent then?

Someday, home will be where my front wheel points.

Astride a 2002 Yamaha Fazer FZS600

Originally posted by solo@Sep 2 2004, 10:44 AM

Hows the workmanship then? Any before and after photos to share?

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Guys,

From the way he did my bike(knock out the dent). He is a Very experience panel beater...Yes, I had my days too' A year back, one of my colleague lost control of his bike while parking ,he and his bike drop on my bike and my bike hit the pole, fuel tank dented. When I see my dent, my whole world is up side down then it is only a few weeks old! :weep: I can't scold my friend after all it's an accident.

Where I get the Address , SK passed it to me...thanks to them now few(like us people) have benefited. :smile: I don't mind sharing any information if I can help I'll try...!

As what I know most of the bike shops sent to him for knocking too...!

Silverghost.o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Wah still got energy to photoshop ah? Never wash your dirty bike??? LOL Mine is too dirty to wash in one nite. So go by installments. Took the panniers home to wash 1st :giddy: Tomorrow then part 2. Now must :sleep:

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Pay RM 7-8 n geddit done in JB.

Row of abt 20 shops doing car wash next to New York Hotel. Very gd svc.

Even SG scrams go there after their trailing n they ride out spick n span...

But theres nothing like doing it yerself but problem is its hard to fix up a hose in HDB carparks.

Someday, home will be where my front wheel points.

Astride a 2002 Yamaha Fazer FZS600

Originally posted by solo@Sep 3 2004, 11:21 AM

didn't take any photo. i would say it's pretty good. possibly, as good as it can get.

check it out on the next meetup.

the work done on the dented tank is VERY good!

a dent the size of a man's fist was totally gone....

original paint work is still intact..

amazing!