SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha TDM 900

comics00

Originally posted by yappiez@Jun 28 2004, 07:03 PM

yeah.. anyone going for one??

It's rather boring riding around sg when we have such a nice bike.. mine is so under utilize....

There's a group going Cameron Highlands during the national day break.. anything happening for TDMs?

I just came back from a trip to rompin. Rode there alone. Its nice sometimes to ride alone. Managed to meet and chat with some sgp riders at petrol kiosks. The TDM is a reliable bike and I have confidence in it. Just bring some tools, spare clutch cable, tire repair kit, some cable ties, black tape and some spares should you need to DIY abit for the just in case moments. Sometimes wait for ppl to organise rides make take awhile and the timing may not suit you. Free just shoot up north. Of course if you are not familiar, go with someone better.

Think marcopolo and the gang going up to Cameron next week for a week. You got leave to clear?

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJ..

• kmax

• vtr firestorm

• Paikia44

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

it's always nice to ride alone for a change...

you'll definitely see and hear more when you're alone.

instead of talking amonst yourself..you will attempt to speak to the locals more cos YOU NEED THEIR HELP and you're more vulnerable ALONE....

ai-yo...you just got a brand new bike..bring so many things for wat...

i dun even carry my hp cos i dun have auto-roam...

wat will happen will happen wan...

it's all written in the book up there!

just like for me-self recently, after servicing the "much-needed to be serviced" carb...the speedo-cable decided to snapped before i can test the improved fuel consumption(that was my original intention of servicing my carb...to improve fuel consumption)....THAT:S LIFE man...

dun plan too much, you never know when what will give up...

and when i open the front fairing of the tdm850...i realised...there are 4 knobs to adjust the lights! instead of only 2 from where we can see it with the fairings on...

dun know wat the other 2 is for though...

You have travelled to places others have not ventured....You read books that others have never heard of....You see humour in unusual places. And you've always gone your own way. Why, then, should you ride a bike that's like all the rest?

when you travel, you experience, in a very practical way, the ART of reBIRTH

a r t o f r e b i r t h . b l o g s p o t . c o m

i think better don't think so far.. hehehe.. maybe should start with a meet up in spore la.. i'm also guilty of not being able to show up for the rides because of my working schedule. sorry!

looks like you are enjoying your new baby ed! u putting back the same H&B panniers or the original yamaha panniers?

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

Originally posted by marcopolo@Jun 29 2004, 04:42 PM

it's always nice to ride alone for a change...

you'll definitely see and hear more when you're alone.

instead of talking amonst yourself..you will attempt to speak to the locals more cos YOU NEED THEIR HELP and you're more vulnerable ALONE....

ai-yo...you just got a brand new bike..bring so many things for wat...

i dun even carry my hp cos i dun have auto-roam...

wat will happen will happen wan...

it's all written in the book up there!

just like for me-self recently, after servicing the "much-needed to be serviced" carb...the speedo-cable decided to snapped before i can test the improved fuel consumption(that was my original intention of servicing my carb...to improve fuel consumption)....THAT:S LIFE man...

dun plan too much, you never know when what will give up...

and when i open the front fairing of the tdm850...i realised...there are 4 knobs to adjust the lights! instead of only 2 from where we can see it with the fairings on...

dun know wat the other 2 is for though...

Alamak where got alot...quite standard stuff lah....new bike or old bike still the same. Ride alone need to be self sufficient in tools and parts mah.

The TDM850 headlights can be adjusted vertically and horizontally. Hence the 4 knobs for the 2 bulbs (2 for each bulb). You can borrow the yamaha service manual I gave magnus if you need to find out more about the internals of the TDM850.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Originally posted by casio@Jun 29 2004, 07:32 PM

i think better don't think so far.. hehehe.. maybe should start with a meet up in spore la.. i'm also guilty of not being able to show up for the rides because of my working schedule. sorry!

looks like you are enjoying your new baby ed! u putting back the same H&B panniers or the original yamaha panniers?

Getting the H&B ones. Waiting for it arrive. Now riding it w/o any panniers quite sian...got to carry helmet ard. I borrowed apogez's for my trip.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Hi,

My gear clunk quite loudly when shifting up till 4th.

:giddy:

Any of you guys hving the same situation? Is this normal?

:confused:

TIA

Went for my 1k svc yesterday, & now the ride is more enjoyable without the phyc barrier.:cheeky:

Give up that you cannot keep...and gain the gift you cannot earn!

Originally posted by yappiez@Jun 28 2004, 07:13 PM

Hi there,

Anyone knows if the rear mudguard (see picture) for the BM bike will be able to fit on TDMs?

Prehaps a little modification? Where to get? Price?

Don't think this is really a mudguard.... read somewhere that it's a strange requirement by Germany automotive legislation, to prevent the rear wheel from flying off and hitting something behind if I'm not wrong.

Even the smallest spark can start a massive forest fire...

Quotable Quotes: If you ride a motorcycle often, you will be killed riding it. That much is as sure as night follows day. Your responsibility is to be vigilant and careful as to continue to push that eventuality so far forward that you die of old age first

For those who like comparisons TDM900 vs Vstrom1000

http://bikepoint.ninemsn.com.au/portal/ali...topDefault.aspx

Both bikes got pros and cons, so take it with a pinch of salt ok? Go for a bike that suits your needs.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Originally posted by lyechi_can@Jul 2 2004, 09:43 AM

Hi,

TIA

Went for my 1k svc yesterday, & now the ride is more enjoyable without the phyc barrier.:cheeky:

U mean from 1 all the way to 4 or 4 only? For me I come from the TDM850 era and the 900 gearbox is considered smooth IMO. The obvious clunk normally comes at the N to 1st gear normally. I noticed most bikes have this clunk. It does not happen all the time though.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Originally posted by lyechi_can@Jul 2 2004, 09:43 AM

Hi,

TIA

better engine oil may help. anything other than good oils and it is not happy. i switched to a lower grade oil and immediately notice the difference. usually N-1-2 cluncky. what are you currently using? mineral to run in?

Originally posted by solo@Jul 2 2004, 11:56 AM

better engine oil may help.  anything other than good oils and it is not happy.  i switched to a lower grade oil and immediately notice the difference.  usually N-1-2 cluncky.  what are you currently using?  mineral to run in?

Just chg oil @ HL for the 1k svc. Using mineral oil.

Seem tt the clunk is more obvious than b4 oil chg.

Also tt it is happening @ the higher gears too.

Hope this is nothing serious.:sweat:

Thks guys

Jus tot the potential TDMers might wanna know...

Pumped in 16.07 litres of fuel in yesterday. (Ringgit!!)

Mileage shows 375km.

Per litre = 375/16.07 ===== 23.43km/ L

(i hope theres nothing wrong with my trip meter or calculations..)

:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I got 404km / 17l = 23.76km/l during my 1st 1000km running in stage. RPM never exceed 4k. I believe it will get better after running in. I have not monitored since then as I'm doing some frequent trips to malaysia. Hopefully this full tank now will see me through in SGP roads hahaha

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Originally posted by lyechi_can@Jul 2 2004, 05:36 PM

Just chg oil @ HL for the 1k svc. Using mineral oil.

Seem tt the clunk is more obvious than b4 oil chg.

Also tt it is happening @ the higher gears too.

Hope this is nothing serious.:sweat:

Thks guys

change to full syn after you've completed run in then run around for a hundred or so clicks. the gear change should be smoother after that. :smile:

Covered my bike caz I went away for 3 days.

Found cat urine on my cover when I unwrap today.

Damn cats!! :mad:

I am also trying to get a new hang of putting my bike on main stand after fixing my H&B top box.

Seems that a few more kg at the rear end made alot of diff as far as lifting the bike is concern.:help:

Originally posted by lyechi_can@Jul 5 2004, 04:51 PM

Covered my bike caz I went away for 3 days.

Found cat urine on my cover when I unwrap today.

Damn cats!! :mad:

I am also trying to get a new hang of putting my bike on main stand after fixing my H&B top box.

Seems that a few more kg at the rear end made alot of diff as far as lifting the bike is concern.:help:

Good thing its not on the seat esp when u r in a rush to go somewhere. Try using dettol diluted with water to wash ur cover and spray some on the cover after drying it. Cats dun like the strong smell and will stay away.

It seems like many of us are experiencing the mainstand difficulties hahaha. I used an improvised strap to help me getting the TDM up on mainstand. At least I now have a proper place to hold.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Guys,

Through my own experience, the clunking on gears can also be resulted depending on when you change your gears. I mean which rpm. Normally i get the clunking sound when i changed gears below 2.5 or sometime 3. anyway, this is my own observation. not sure if it's useful.

Cheers dudes

cas

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

heyo people. have been thinkin of changin to touring bike. cause ofsome reasons. reading alot of forum stuff n decided with yamaha. know tat tdm fuel consumptin quite good n the maintenace for yamaha ok one. but most impt i upgrade to class 2 due to touring so could some one advice me on the wond protectn or anything to advise me upon n 1 more and 2nd hand tdm at shops??? u people seen?

thanks alot :cheeky:

Marauder, FZ150, TW200

Hurricane, CB400 vS

TLR, ST11 TCS/ABS

STX TW200, M400, Runner180

TDM900, ET8

Vespa classic 10" 8"

Z750S, Multistra 620

TUONO R

CB1100EX

Vespa GTS300 Super ABS

Originally posted by kish_garfield@Jul 7 2004, 07:46 PM

. know tat tdm fuel consumptin quite good

23 - 24 per litre is quite good or verryyyy good?

Haven been to any shops recently... if i see any, I'll post here.

:thumb:

wind protection on original screen is not good.

tried 175km/hr. very windy... and noisy.. (i was wearing non ff helmet)

most of the TDMers change to a higher one. I will also... soon...

kind of busy lately, how u guys doing? when is the next meet up? thinking of 3 day trip up thailand right after national day, any1 interested?

u guys were talking abt tank mileage? ok let me check the last receipt from pasir ris SPC: 18.77L and i written behide it is 467km that will make out to ~24.88km/L. the best i ever had was 25.3km/L that was ~after 2nd oil change n that was the only time over 25km/L. most of time i try (very hard) to keep it

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

Originally posted by barracuda@Jun 28 2004, 08:07 PM

Why dun you call Performance Motors for a quote? Keep us posted ya?

Saw lots of BMWs at M-technik when i was down fixing my mainstands. Checked out those mudguards and found that the whole piece also covers the shaft drive and its attached very close to the rim. no where near the outer sides of the swing arms as i tot... PML also advised that it cannot be fixed on other bikes. Said that if it could be done, someone would have done it long time ago......

sigh.....