SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Yamaha TDM 900

comics00

Originally posted by yappiez@Aug 7 2004, 01:32 PM

Thx casio, I'm fine. Jus a little more safety conscious now..

Go for a ride wth brand new tires? Ain't that like against the books?

What are your plans?

Anyway, whats are your tots on the 020 tires?

I wanted to change to this but my friend, the mech, said there are complains about on its performance (road gripping) after about 6 months of usage.

Anyone wants to see the internals of the MEZ4 tire?? I was bored while the mechs were sorting out my bike and I ended up cutting my old tire up.... lol

o_O

bro yappiez, if u have read through the FJR & this thread u will notice many of us have complain on the met Z4 & not bt020. my bike on Z4 fishtail so many times that i lost count:giddy: on the bt020 atleast i dare to 'kup' at coners but not on the Z4 :goodluck:

1991-Katana125 1992-GN125 1993-Terminator250 1995-Intruder400 1996-ZX-7RRP1 & Charade1L 1996-Vulcan800 1998-Accent1.5L 2001-CorollaXLI 2002-TDM900 2005-Phamton150 2006-FJR1300 2007-KLE500 & WRX JDM 2010-Spark135 & Legacy GT 2012-Focus SW & Sylphy 2015-V Strom 650XT & D Tracker, 2016-Cross Country & RS4 125, 2017-Moto Guzzi V7ii Stone

• Replies 17.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• AJ..

• kmax

• vtr firestorm

• Paikia44

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Bro Barra, any tots on the mez4 so far?

I seem to find it ok since i bought the bike with them already... i decided to buy the same ones.. or maybe i dun kup as low as any of you guys.... (must be!)

Thinking aloud...

Damn who am I going to tour with next time... i'll never catch up..... :cry:

Originally posted by yappiez@Aug 11 2004, 12:50 PM

Bro Barra, any tots on the mez4 so far?

I seem to find it ok since i bought the bike with them already... i decided to buy the same ones.. or maybe i dun kup as low as any of you guys.... (must be!)

Thinking aloud...

Damn who am I going to tour with next time... i'll never catch up..... :cry:

I've been a fan of the Z4s since my ducati monster days. It has not failed me so far. I have never tried the 020s, so my opinion could be abit biased. Maybe the 020s are better? I dunno and cant comment on the 020s. You've seen me in action on my TDM with Z4s, are you convinced about the cornering capabilities? hehehe

No worries about catching up lah...now you know what kind of 'tricks' we use to ride through twisties..you'll be faster :sweat:

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Someone asked about spoke wheel conversions? How about rerouting the original exhaust to hi-mount as well???

A picture tells a thousand words

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Guys TDMers,

I would like to check with you people how much does a TDM9's mirror cost...:confused: ..I like the convex on the mirror which eliminate the air pressure on the mirror..as for the divvy's are flat sided after some time the mirror turn's in or off viewing angle.

I bought I pair $68x2=$136/- one of my divvy kaki say it is about $79 for 2 mirrors...

You are a better people :smile: to clear my doubts:confused: ..and thanks!!

Silverghost.o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

ThE SpIrIt StIlL LiVeS On "Diversion XJ9s"

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Originally posted by SiLvErGhOsT@Aug 12 2004, 08:33 PM

Guys TDMers,

I would like to check with you people how much does a TDM9's mirror cost...:confused: ..I like the convex on the mirror which eliminate the air pressure on the mirror..as for the divvy's are flat sided after some time the mirror turn's in or off viewing angle.

I bought I pair $68x2=$136/- one of my divvy kaki say it is about $79 for 2 mirrors...

You are a better people :smile: to clear my doubts:confused: ..and thanks!!

Silverghost.o_O

I'm not too sure how much it cost as most of us have not had the need to replace it. Where did u get for $136? If its HL then I guess the price is ard there. The $79 price is a far cry from $136. If its true, then its a better deal. Will check with HL the next time I drop by.

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Originally posted by barracuda@Aug 13 2004, 12:03 AM

I'm not too sure how much it cost as most of us have not had the need to replace it. Where did u get for $136? If its HL then I guess the price is ard there. The $79 price is a far cry from $136. If its true, then its a better deal. Will check with HL the next time I drop by.

Bro Barracuda,

Hey thanks, I bought it from the bike shop were I get my bike I ask them they say,they can get few dollars cheaper then HL.. :confused:

Silverghost.o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Hi guys,

I placed the front licence plate on the fork top of the mud guard for a day,

& found that the ops temp went up. It would seem that the little blockage of air flow over the radiator was effective enough to affect the cooling.

Not red line but about 3/4 on the guage during cruising. Usually only 1/2.

Removed licence plate from there & everything bk to normal again.

Where else can we put the licence plate, other than on the screen?

Give up that you cannot keep...and gain the gift you cannot earn!

I've seen one of our TDM riders put the license plate below the headlight cowling. You might need to drill a whole to mount it though. Does not seem to block the radiator air flow path. Why don't want to stick on windscreen???

Yamaha WR200

Ducati Monster 400/540

Yamaha TDM850

Yamaha TDM900

BMW R1150GS

Suzuki Djebel 250XC

Suzuki Vstrom 650 ABS

Ducati Hyperstrada 821

Originally posted by lyechi_can@Aug 16 2004, 02:22 PM

Hi guys,

I placed the front licence plate on the fork top of the mud guard for a day,

& found that the ops temp went up. It would seem that the little blockage of air flow over the radiator was effective enough to affect the cooling.

Not red line but about 3/4 on the guage during cruising. Usually only 1/2.

Removed licence plate from there & everything bk to normal again.

Where else can we put the licence plate, other than on the screen?

Hi there,

Have you try mounting it on the mudguard, need to drill 2 hole for the L/plate mountings on the mudguard (it is better then drilling any where else)....those (black)plastic mounting cost about $2 for 2 pieces...

Silverghost.o_O

DIvErTeD SpiRit...

safe riding yOu BuGgErs

... SiLvErGhOsT...

Hi Guys..

Think i'm the one Barracuda was referring re number plate under the headlight. It's true. I had it there and never encounter air flow prob.

Anyway, i will be selling my bike off due to personal reason. So, if you have any friends who are interested to own this special bike, please sms me at 98778149.

The accessories i have on the bike: -

1. Givi Windshield

2. Bagster Seat

3. Bagster Tank Bra

4. Bagster Soft Panniers

5. Givi Maxia 52Lit Top Box

6. Contour Headlight Protector

7. Motovation Frame Slider

Sorry.. all accessories goes with the bike

I have also recently changed both tired to Batlax 020. Paid 310 for it. Was changed on 6 Aug 04.

Bike's mileage is under 11K and i last serviced it when it was 8K. Generally the bike is in tip top condition and there will be no more repairs needed. View the bike to believe.

The bike also comes with a bidded number plate (88).

Asking price with number is 14K and without plate is 13K. I got it in April. It's a damn good bike and if i have means to keep it, i would have done so. But sadly, i couldn't.

BTW, i can't seemed to upload the pic. Anyway, just sms or call me and i will email you the pic.

Cheers

Casio

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

Originally posted by casio@Aug 17 2004, 12:48 PM

Hi Guys..

Think i'm the one Barracuda was referring re number plate under the headlight. It's true. I had it there and never encounter air flow prob.

Anyway, i will be selling my bike off due to personal reason. So, if you have any friends who are interested to own this special bike, please sms me at 98778149.

The accessories i have on the bike: -

1. Givi Windshield

2. Bagster Seat

3. Bagster Tank Bra

4. Bagster Soft Panniers

5. Givi Maxia 52Lit Top Box

6. Contour Headlight Protector

7. Motovation Frame Slider

Sorry.. all accessories goes with the bike

I have also recently changed both tired to Batlax 020. Paid 310 for it. Was changed on 6 Aug 04.

Bike's mileage is under 11K and i last serviced it when it was 8K. Generally the bike is in tip top condition and there will be no more repairs needed. View the bike to believe.

The bike also comes with a bidded number plate (88).

Asking price with number is 14K and without plate is 13K. I got it in April. It's a damn good bike and if i have means to keep it, i would have done so. But sadly, i couldn't.

BTW, i can't seemed to upload the pic. Anyway, just sms or call me and i will email you the pic.

Cheers

Casio

hi, i'm the one who sms you, if the guy who book your bike turn you up, please feel free to contact me @ 97637837.

:smile:

http://www.speedtest.net/result/226806566.png

Biking, Bonking & Boozing...

The three great pleasures of life.

Originally posted by Sev@Aug 17 2004, 11:12 PM

hi, i'm the one who sms you, if the guy who book your bike turn you up, please feel free to contact me @ 97637837.

Ok Sev. Will do that if the other party decided to pull out.

Cheers

Casio

Dobby said! "Harry Potter must not go back to School this year. There is a plot; plot to create very terrible things"

Originally posted by casio@Aug 18 2004, 08:58 AM

Ok Sev. Will do that if the other party decided to pull out.

Cheers

Casio

:thumb: :thumb:

Originally posted by casio@Aug 19 2004, 09:17 AM

:offtopic:

Sorry Sev. My bike is sold. Thanks for the interest anyway. Good luck!

Casio

:offtopic:

congrats to your sales.:thumb:

it is ok, i'll wait for another chances....

Hi fellows TDMers,

Juz to inform u that u hav got a new tdmer in here and that's me.(hee)But the bad news is that we've also lost one great one in the process.(hope to see u riding again soon.)

I'd like to personally thanx Bara,Casio and even Solo,not forgetting the rest in here who've provides so much information and helps in finding a bike and making it possible.

Last of all,ride well n hope to see more of us on the road soon...Especially Sev who's searching.We'll be glad enough to be of any help to u.

:goodluck: :cheer:

Originally posted by brats@Aug 19 2004, 06:44 PM

Hi fellows TDMers,

Juz to inform u that u hav got a new tdmer in here and that's me.(hee)But the bad news is that we've also lost one great one in the process.(hope to see u riding again soon.)

I'd like to personally thanx Bara,Casio and even Solo,not forgetting the rest in here who've provides so much information and helps in finding a bike and making it possible.

Last of all,ride well n hope to see more of us on the road soon...Especially Sev who's searching.We'll be glad enough to be of any help to u.

:goodluck: :cheer:

:cheeky: congrats, you must be the one who take over casio's bike.

:thumb:

no worry, i'm not in hurry, search slowly lor... :smile:

Originally posted by yappiez@Aug 19 2004, 08:00 PM

You made a wise choice.

Afterall TDM means.... T errestrial D ream M achine

For me at least....

Welcome and i'll see you at the next gathering.

:thumb:

Thanx Yappies,

And hope to see u too at the nx gathering...:thumb: :cheeky:

hey guys, do you happen to know where i can get the dent in my fuel tank removed? possibly caused by removing of helmet too enthusiatically... car workshops have that, how about bike mechs? called up Mtechnik and was told that they only do putty and respray. prefer the "knock it back into shape" type