SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Suzuki Hayabusa

bongster6

Bro, wat u mean by diy... Izzit the one below d tank?

The idle knob strangely only came with the earlier models of Busa year 1999 and 2000, from then on the engineer conveniently forgot abt it, hence they leave us to struggle with a long thin screw driver and a torchlight, to dig in and adjust it directly from between the tight gap. Believe me, its not easy to do.

So if you want it installed you have to get the idle knob set first most prob from an earlier Busa somewhere, dunno if you can buy or order fr overseas directly. I got lucky, my mech got a last spare set for me. Cheers!!

'79 CB350 Twin, '83 WR200, '84-'94 PX150-PX200, '95-'96 NV750, '96 FZR1000, '96-'97 Shadow 400, '98 ST1100, '98-'04 Intruder 800, '04-'10 Steed 400, Sept 2010-'06 Silver Wing, Sept '08, '03 Hayabusa Gen1, Oct 2012-'12 Versys 1K (Currently riding).

Happy Riding and Be Alert and Safe Always.:cheers:

• Replies 56.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Nok97

• NormalAspirated

• HYB80Y

• quizesilver

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The idle knob strangely only came with the earlier models of Busa year 1999 and 2000, from then on the engineer conveniently forgot abt it, hence they leave us to struggle with a long thin screw driver and a torchlight, to dig in and adjust it directly from between the tight gap. Believe me, its not easy to do.

So if you want it installed you have to get the idle knob set first most prob from an earlier Busa somewhere, dunno if you can buy or order fr overseas directly. I got lucky, my mech got a last spare set for me. Cheers!!

U can purchase the idle knob at ks motor. Gotten for my ride at $50 den nt sure now.

Sent from my HTC Vision using Tapatalk

http://images.quizesilver.multiply.com/image/8/photos/19/500x500/1/Picture3.jpg?et=pp72A3vHiyWV%2B1gmEDuh4g&nmid=137248738

Bro thanks a lot 4 the sharing.... Anyway where u replace the fan switch???? Keen on doing it Heheh....

Sorry really new in hayaBUSA

Sorry, I didn't replace my fan switch. But oversea busa rider replace with some other switch to trigger the fan to operate earlier. Can't remember the p/no etc. Sorry can't help.

http://images.quizesilver.multiply.com/image/8/photos/19/500x500/1/Picture3.jpg?et=pp72A3vHiyWV%2B1gmEDuh4g&nmid=137248738

Final year, one more year to go. Settling down soon.....

So when junior is coming ??

Yeah! Congrats in advance. Jia you in your study too!

Haha junior nt out yet lei. Kelly oso haven't u shld ask them hurry up oso :p u too!

Newbie post? hahahaha....Good one...

By the way,

A thermostat is a piece of mechanical equipment lay, only the radiator fan's sensor works on electrical "resistance".

I also newbie...can learn from each other ok? Cheers!

Haha cause, there r so much to "do" on busa. I haven't reach the deep core yet... so still newbie.

Yeah learn from ea other ya :)

Sooooo ... What actually when wrong ??? Share leh ... :p

Haha the rider suck, the bike too slow lo, always like to follow ppl ass. (When I was following your bmw long time ago)

Anyone...?

Bro, I suggest you go do a google and download a “busa repair manual”…the ones that are floating around in the web is very good.

With that manual, you will learn more how a busa works and the correct terminology used for different components in a bike.

For your question wise, bros “trublue” and “quizesilver” have already answered you…just look up previous posts number #51679 and #51680…

to all Busa bros out there, i have a megaphone exhaust brand VooDoo for sale... its a slip on for gen2 08-11... not sure about the fitting on the gen1 model but you can try... price of brand new when i bought was about 600+ from US... anyone interested, sms me at 93894499 for pics... i can whatsapp you... reasonable offers please... thank you...

uncle snake, mine is also 07 but i dun see any knob at the said location ley

you have to lift up your fuel tank and trace to where the 2 throttle cable ends.. u should see a small metal knob/screw, try squeeze open the throttle and check where the location is exactly. the screw/knob that stops the throttle assembly from twisting further is the idler screw/knob.. :cheeky:

If you have a heart that obeys your mind, you can win the whole world.

If you have a mind that obeys your heart, you can win the love of many hearts.

Im riding a 05 n it does not come with a idle knob. Need to diy it.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

all bike comes with idler knob. i believe what u meant to say is the newer gen1 and all gen 2 busas does not come with an external idler knob, am i right?

those who wishes to have the idler knob easily accessible without lifting up the fuel tank need to get and fix the earlier gen1 idler extension, which i believe u can get it from ks motor.. :thumb:.... just my 2cents :)

If you have a heart that obeys your mind, you can win the whole world.

If you have a mind that obeys your heart, you can win the love of many hearts.

uncle snake, mine is also 07 but i dun see any knob at the said location ley

Hey bro falcon,

I think only 99-00 models comes with that knob leh...as mention by someone....as me got my bike 2nd...it already came with the external knob...kee kee....now than I know....the later models must lift tank liao lay.... :p

Hi guyz, newbie here got some questions.

1stly my idealing timing is a low. Den its hard to start or warm up. How to make my timing higher.

2ndly i feel my fork n gantung soft lah.. Previous owner was lighter so was set to his weight. Anyone noe how to. Willing to learn n give some kopi money. Or any shops?

Thankz yah...

Check the TPS also....

Usually this type of setting free. When u do oil change , ask the mech to take a look. Thats what i do. But ive change all springs to hyperpro.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

Past to present rides

Honda nsr sp 150 pro arm

Honda super4 ver s - yamaha rxz 135

Honda cbr 600 rr

Suzuki hayabusa 1300 - yamaha cygnus 125 - yamaha lc135 spark

Aprilia sr max 300 I.e

http://p1.bikepics.com/2013/10/22/bikepics-2608839-full.jpg

you have to lift up your fuel tank and trace to where the 2 throttle cable ends.. u should see a small metal knob/screw, try squeeze open the throttle and check where the location is exactly. the screw/knob that stops the throttle assembly from twisting further is the idler screw/knob.. :cheeky:

Haha, bro, didn't know u like to squeeze open ur throttle instead of open by turning it. :p

This guide is good enuff for all who wish to adjust and yes u will feel the difference. Just get a frd to help u measure when u are on the bike and check the sag etc.

If u r riding two up most of the time ask ur partner to seat tog oso. And from there better riding.

All this adjustment is assume that your fork/suspension is not leaking else how u adjust oso haywire.

wahh like dat i cannot squeeze thru my fat hands lor...hahahah

2004-2005 RXZ 135

2005 Sept - 2009 Oct Super 4 Vtec2

2009 Oct - 2010 Apr Gsxr 1000 K4

2010 Apr-??? Hayabusa K7

2011 Oct - Super4 Version S

Hi all, I just lost my Busa key at Toa Payoh yesterday at abt 3-5pm.

If u have any friends who found it. Pls let me know.

:goodluck::goodluck::goodluck:

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/camounation/saLem77.jpg

MY RIDES

RXZ135 botoL powered / WR200 FMF powered - RXZ D CLUB

SUPER4 VTEC2 Micron powered - S4M

R1 '07 LE Akrapovic powered

HAYABUSA '99 Scorpion powered - SgBusaRiderz

SUPER4 PB1 / 125z Rockstar

RXZ135 Japan-modeL 6-speed lemang powered

carousell.com/shasalem.biz :D