SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Detecting OPC Cars during Restricted hours

Guest Jay_R1

Guest Jay_R1

Just wondering... anyone kows how will they detect if an OPC car is being used during restricted hours? Besides passing thru ERP gantry or being spotted by uncle Sam....

Any other method? Since now we have leeway to use first pay later. but how will garmen know we use it?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just wondering... anyone kows how will they detect if an OPC car is being used during restricted hours? Besides passing thru ERP gantry or being spotted by uncle Sam....

Any other method? Since now we have leeway to use first pay later. but how will garmen know we use it?

Most junctions are already monitored by LTA's J-Eye. All they need now is to install video analytics software at the backend.

:)

so you think can outsmart them????

so many camera @ junctions

so many plain cloth lta officer on the road

so many outsource agency on the road

the reason for drive now pay later

is

no need to buy paper coupon,drive now pay the next day b4 2359

and to get those who is cheapo enuff saying...today never get caught lah,no need to buy....than 1 week later.........boomz

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

307820_10150323232886544_694486543_7936127_1053552251_n.jpg

Not to mention kaypoh drivers who record down and complain

Klass 2,3,4 i shiny Professional'noye litsenziya

1993:Class 2B-Yamaha RXK/RXZ/TZR125RR/SDR200/WR200-Aprilia RS125R-Kawasaki KRR150ZX(Former)

2000:Class 3-Honda Civic 1.6esi(Former)Proton Exora 1.6Turbo(Current)

2004:Bus Driver Vocational License

2009:Class 4

2011:Class 2A-Aprilia RS250-Honda CB400SF PB1-KTM250EXC(Former)Yamaha XJR400R(Current)

2013:Class 2-Suzuki B-King 1300(Former)

and to get those who is cheapo enuff saying...today never get caught lah,no need to buy....than 1 week later.........boomz

Talking about cheats being cheap.

Yesterday it was reported that three cars were caught with tampered fuel gauges

I tell you not worth it.. i got caught twice in JAN. I stupidly put the paper coupon instead of buying the e coupon. One month later i was called to go for investigation.

They use a series of methods to catch you. Camera, wardens and even plain clothes officers. They will take down you number and go to LTA to verify if you have bought your ticket.

No excuse even if you tell them you displayed the paper coupon. They slapped me with a heavy fine instead. Don't play play...

Forgive, and you will be forgiven -Christ

i drove my sister OPC car that day. FOrgot to buy e-coupon within the next 24 hours. Want to buy at AXS but expired liao..end up have to go LTA to write statement. Luckily no need to pay fine. But its troublesome. The use first pay later is convenient..but sometimes too convenient until one can forget. Then by the time they realized it..BOOMZ!

how to record when there's no more coupon to spot?

they take picture and write down the timing/locaton.

enter it into database so for the next 48 hrs no E-coupon..thats it

Talking about cheats being cheap.

Yesterday it was reported that three cars were caught with tampered fuel gauges

not 4 meh?

i drove my sister OPC car that day. FOrgot to buy e-coupon within the next 24 hours. Want to buy at AXS but expired liao..end up have to go LTA to write statement. Luckily no need to pay fine. But its troublesome. The use first pay later is convenient..but sometimes too convenient until one can forget. Then by the time they realized it..BOOMZ!

that happen to my wife's brother in law also....

i told him go to lta 1st thing in the morning and pay for the e-coupon

went to LTA interview.

go on your own is always better than they sent you the letter...

2000-Yamaha lc125/2001yamaha tzr125/2002Suzuki gsxr400r/2003-Honda TA 200/2005-Honda wave S 125/2005-Honda S4 spec 2/2007-yamaha yp400/2008-yamaha R6/2009-Honda CG 125/2010-Suzuki Dr200se/2010-Honda steed 400/2011-honda cb400sf pb1/2011-sym joyride 200/2012-honda wave

i also drive forgeting to buy the e coupon. Only almost close to 2 weeks then i remember i forgot to buy. Went down to lta to write statement and expliant y u forgot to buy. After that then go down to level1 to pay the 20 dollars e day coupon.

:angel: :cheeky:

Happy as ever....................................

If you buy before driving, you will not forget it.

Further now there's mobilepay, plus one-motoring, plus AXS, SAM machines. Still got the old school post office.

Just don't take for granted.

My Rides:

LuLu, Piaggio Gilera Runner FXR 180 (Feb05-Aug05)

PhanPhan, Honda Phantom TA 200 (Aug05-July07)

Leyley, HD Sportster XL1200R (Jul07-July09)

TiTi, Yamaha Majesty YP250 (Jul07-Oct09)

DyNaNa, HD FXDX Dyna SGS (Jul09-Dec10)

LanPaPa, Vespa Excel PX150XE (Oct09-Jul10)

PiaSekSek, Piaggio X8 (Aug10-Dec10)

Stixie, Honda ST1300A (Jan11-Nov15)

Giogio, Piaggio MP3 400IE (Nov15-??)

Guest Jay_R1

guess better safe than sorry......anyway $20 only... if can afford car might as well buy coupon than giving THEM more $$$

Tks Bros...

guess better safe than sorry......anyway $20 only... if can afford car might as well buy coupon than giving THEM more $$$

Tks Bros...

Another good alternative is to buy the normal car with the black number plate. No need to buy any OPC coupon, no worries about LTA, no need to think about new ways to outsmart the LTA. :lol: This SBF is huge and many people of all sorts come here to read. Including LTA and TP. Beware of what you post. You certainly don't hope that they take the effort to track you down.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

i also drive forgeting to buy the e coupon. Only almost close to 2 weeks then i remember i forgot to buy. Went down to lta to write statement and expliant y u forgot to buy. After that then go down to level1 to pay the 20 dollars e day coupon.

You damn heng, after so many days they still allow you to just pay the $20 and go? I heard the fine for this is very very hefty. So dont play play. Kena one time fine is equivalent to many many many e-coupons liao.

Another good alternative is to buy the normal car with the black number plate. No need to buy any OPC coupon, no worries about LTA, no need to think about new ways to outsmart the LTA. :lol: This SBF is huge and many people of all sorts come here to read. Including LTA and TP. Beware of what you post. You certainly don't hope that they take the effort to track you down.

if 1 decide to have a opc why want to have a normal car???

take a taxi if needed.....

taking a taxi is cheaper than driving a opc for a day considering

20 coupon

parking-abt 10sgd

erp-4sgd

total 34sgd

can save petrol also.

if 1 decide to have a opc why want to have a normal car???

take a taxi if needed.....

taking a taxi is cheaper than driving a opc for a day considering

20 coupon

parking-abt 10sgd

erp-4sgd

total 34sgd

can save petrol also.

having a car is not about saving money la... if really want to save money, take bus better. Its about the convenience and also if you need to go to a few places in a day, taking a cab can be quite costly with all the ridiculous surcharge.

Guest johjoh
having a car is not about saving money la... if really want to save money, take bus better. Its about the convenience and also if you need to go to a few places in a day, taking a cab can be quite costly with all the ridiculous surcharge.

agreed. bike is my transport for most of my journeys. but few daes ago had to go public cos im touching alcohol. the midnight taxi fare is what i pay for my full tank..

heard frm a car forum guy that he saw a guy near his workplace for few days holding a video cam, so a guard went & chat with him. in the end found out he was fliming opc cars, after that record all plate no & check. so dont think of appeal when they fine you.

heard frm a car forum guy that he saw a guy near his workplace for few days holding a video cam, so a guard went & chat with him. in the end found out he was fliming opc cars, after that record all plate no & check. so dont think of appeal when they fine you.

that dude really too much stress or really too free liao... Sg ROX!!

:cool:

seriously these people got nothing to do arhh

absolutely agreed.

The Singaporean car owner?

1. Owner scrimps on parking, collects countless of parking fines far exceeding the season parking. Tries to outsmart the parking warden by parking around and folding coupons, those that last merely an hour with a dollar, forging coupons ending up in court.

2. Owner scrimps on OPC coupon and tries to evade detection by pulling various stunts ends up being caught one day unaware. Ends up paying hefty fine.

3. Owner tries to avoid the expensive ERP, wakes up early, leaves work late inconvenience his lifestyle so much that he misses the other aspect of life.

4. Owner fools around with the fuel gauge to go to Malaysia for petrol at 50%gets caught and faces jail.

5. Owner realises all these are not worthwhile, sells the car and ride a bike.

When you save without consequences, you are thrifty. When you save while undertaking risks to dire cosequences, you are stingy and to a certain extend foolish.

http://i115.photobucket.com/albums/n298/arakyo/16012011003.jpg

Do Not Tailgate Me!

Having a car is about convenience? If I go to several places, I'll rather ride than drive -- due to parking.

I'm all for double/triple the parking rates.

(void *) &NHY;

We live in interesting times!

Guest Jay_R1

go work = bike

go out w/wife n kid = car

Parking not an issue if u know the areas well.. and besides hotels and $ento$a... rest is relatively cheap.

Taxi prices are not low and gettin a cab is worse. havin a car is an added alternative and more convienient thou it loses to bike in Jams and timing but wins when u wanna thrill pak tor outside or when raining