SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

MOST of the technical term on KR150 (kawasaki Kips)

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry for the long reply as I seldom come in forum as well.. (busy with work and wedding plans) :)

Actually uh bro... how do you know that gears are giving problem?

What would be felt?

there will be a hollow sound and that gear will feel very weak.. (only that gear)

Any advice for running in an top overhauled engine?

personally, I always go for hard run in.. For better power but bad FC such as 25km/L?

I heard some people go for normal run in.. Got FC such as 30-35...

will a faulty fuel petcock lead to hard starting in the morning?

yes.. and no.. depends on which exact part is spoilt and etc.. Check with your favourite bike shop.. :)

Anyone has any shop to recommend for doing grounding / rewiring? :D

most people say no use.. But personally, I prefer to DIY as it allows you to know better of your bike so that next time, any spoilt or anyone say anything, you are completely aware of your bike.. ;)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

Sorry for the long reply as I seldom come in forum as well.. (busy with work and wedding plans) :)

there will be a hollow sound and that gear will feel very weak.. (only that gear)

Weak, as in power/pickup?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Long Live the Dream.

Weak, as in power/pickup?

yup.. but remember there will be a hollow sound that will only disappear when you reach RPM 7.. :)

cuz weak and so on might be caused by other reasoning.. ;)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

when i hit rpm 7-9... the rpm feels like its choking for awhile... then suddenly feel like turbo kicking in...

is this normal? or is it suppose to be smooth throughout the whole rpm range?

7-9 = valve opening.. normal.. ;)

• 2 weeks later...
Guys, is it normal for my KR to be bogging at 4.5k rpm?

Check out your carb and valve.. there's a high possibilities that either one has a small problem.. :)

double post... =.=

Check out your carb and valve.. there's a high possibilities that either one has a small problem.. :)

If its carb, is it the jetting? Or slide?

Reed valve changed about a month ago as previous one the flap cracked open..

Long Live the Dream.

If its carb, is it the jetting? Or slide?

Reed valve changed about a month ago as previous one the flap cracked open..

if it's the carb... most likely settings.. Slide only will get struck.. :)

Reed valve.. (nv use before) you might wan to check if anyone have used it and got this problem also.. :)

if it's the carb... most likely settings.. Slide only will get struck.. :)

Reed valve.. (nv use before) you might wan to check if anyone have used it and got this problem also.. :)

Carb.. air settings?

I've noticed that my carb idling not that stable.. and sometimes even adjusting the idling, like no difference..

Long Live the Dream.

Carb.. air settings?

I've noticed that my carb idling not that stable.. and sometimes even adjusting the idling, like no difference..

wash it and ask the bike shop to check the numbers.. fuel jet and air jet.. (must use original jets else the numbers are not accurate) :)

• 1 month later...
My Krr seems to produce excess white smoke compare to others i saw on the road. Checked with mech and he say the 2t intake was low already. What could be the problem? :(

exhaust belly dirty.. have to change exhaust system based on LTA ruling.. :(

• 2 weeks later...
Anyone else had throttle sticking problems?

Changed my carb, slide spring replaced, throttle cable is new, valve not jammed.. etc etc..

Still can stick.. don't know how many times almost accidently beat red light because of that..

Anyone?

Put oil on the cable near to the grip.