SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

MOST of the technical term on KR150 (kawasaki Kips)

Hi all

my krr can not go up7 rpm.gear 1 and 2 can go up 7 rpm,gear 3 4 5 6 can not go up 7 rpm,just now go shop ask he say not valve jam.he say electronic part problem.any want know what is my bike problem?I don want get chop by moto bike shop.

Cs5dragon.

i think maybe not valve problem. Might be other reason. Cos you mentioned gear 1, 2, 3 can open then it *might* not be valve. We need more info about the bike. Carb stock? Airbox or mushroom? I am guessing might be cdi or ignition coil. And maybe extremely wrong carb setting. Just my guess.

you can try planet motor located at ubi. The boss never chop people.

if you need help *except money issue* Lolz. Drop me a call 91561609 :)

cheers

U can contact blacksun and see if he can help u in this anot.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6285055#post6285055

• Replies 523
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey guys.. Today i start my bike but forget to on the fuel.. so the bike died about 5 min after warming up.. den i turn the fuel on.. cant kick start.. have to wait for like 5min or more ltr den can kickstart.. is it the spark plug have to change alr?

and one more question.. usually when you guys riding at gear 6 rpm 5.. whats your speed? because i dont know what the previous owner did to the bike.. when im in gear 6 rpm 5.. my speed is like 60 on the speedo.. in order for me to go 100 at gear 6.. my rpm will be like 8-9.. is it normal? paiseh ah.. new kr rider :)

hey guys.. Today i start my bike but forget to on the fuel.. so the bike died about 5 min after warming up.. den i turn the fuel on.. cant kick start.. have to wait for like 5min or more ltr den can kickstart.. is it the spark plug have to change alr?

and one more question.. usually when you guys riding at gear 6 rpm 5.. whats your speed? because i dont know what the previous owner did to the bike.. when im in gear 6 rpm 5.. my speed is like 60 on the speedo.. in order for me to go 100 at gear 6.. my rpm will be like 8-9.. is it normal? paiseh ah.. new kr rider :)

fuel = no need 5min.. just on and wait for 10~15 seconds, can start liaoz.. maybe throttle a little bit.. :)

your set up is mostly for pick up.. sprocket size should be 14/40 or 15/41.. so what you have to do is to change sprocket size to have more top end.. :)

for my bike 15/38 thus RPM 7 top gear around 100~110.. :)

Kindly read thru at least the intro section first before decide to post any comments.... thanks... :cool:

Please proceed to this website/web link if you guys have any technical issues on Kawasaki Kips/KR150, I'll update the 1st POST as and when there's a new question. Newbies questions on the top as well. :)

• 1 month later...

Hi..I have a problem with my rear brake..when u step on the brake level the brake totally no working..den I found out is the brake hose leaking the brake fluid.so I went to shop and ask them check for me again..they tell me change brake hose n pump kit..after one day of ridding..suddenly the brake is not working again..can someone tell me izit the problem with the brake caliper? Or do I need to change the brake pump?

Hi..I have a problem with my rear brake..when u step on the brake level the brake totally no working..den I found out is the brake hose leaking the brake fluid.so I went to shop and ask them check for me again..they tell me change brake hose n pump kit..after one day of ridding..suddenly the brake is not working again..can someone tell me izit the problem with the brake caliper? Or do I need to change the brake pump?

All check should be done at your bike shop already..

1) check where's the leak from..

2) if next day leak again, it means not the parts you changed..

what i suspect

1) brake hose

2) brake caliper's o-ring damaged.

Good evening Krr pilots. Am starting out on a small mechanic job. If u guys got problems or whatsoever with your bikes I can fix for u for a much smaller fee then shops. I am doing this as a stepping stone to one day own my own garage. So pls help me out guys. Anything pls contact me at 82334350. Do t worry I will do for u only if I know. I don't know dont need pay me anything. Haha. Thank u guys.

All check should be done at your bike shop already..

1) check where's the leak from..

2) if next day leak again, it means not the parts you changed..

what i suspect

1) brake hose

2) brake caliper's o-ring damaged.

Brake hose I alr change a new one..the brakecaliper O-ring u talking abt..do u knw hw much it cos to repair or change?

Brake hose I alr change a new one..the brakecaliper O-ring u talking abt..do u knw hw much it cos to repair or change?

price confirm less than $50 inclusive of workmanship.. :)

• 3 weeks later...
price confirm less than $50 inclusive of workmanship.. :)

already fixed..thanks anyway..

i got another problem..while on my way back from JB..i was running abt 140km/hr..when i slow down suddenly the bike sound change..after tat i cant ride more den 70km..whole bike like dying when on netural gear or even ridding...izit the same experience u got last time when ur valve jammed??

already fixed..thanks anyway..

i got another problem..while on my way back from JB..i was running abt 140km/hr..when i slow down suddenly the bike sound change..after tat i cant ride more den 70km..whole bike like dying when on netural gear or even ridding...izit the same experience u got last time when ur valve jammed??

Yup.. valve jam.. cost less den $40 to fix it.. :)

btw guys.. I would not be able to answer any questions until estimated one month later.. I'm hospitalize.. :(

cya soon...

• 1 month later...
hi! im a new kr rider! and im not sure how much vibration is too much?how to loosen clutch lever.. damn tight now hand aching!!haha..

when it feels tight, u can't really loosen it bro. one suggestion is to lube ur clutch cable (inside cud be rusty alr) or change the whole clutch cable. last tym wen i 1st got my phantom, i tot its meant to be that heavy feeling. hand always cramp. wen chg the cable, im surprised at hw light it actly is supposed to be.

A ride a day, keeps the doctor away!

:thumb:

2010-2012 : Honda Phantom TA200

2012-current : SYM Maxsym 400i

Youtube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/adiknaim

SG Maxsym FB Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/sgmaxsym/

when it feels tight, u can't really loosen it bro. one suggestion is to lube ur clutch cable (inside cud be rusty alr) or change the whole clutch cable. last tym wen i 1st got my phantom, i tot its meant to be that heavy feeling. hand always cramp. wen chg the cable, im surprised at hw light it actly is supposed to be.

thanks for that info..

anybody knows if suspension nv bounce or bounces 2 to 3 times over a hump which is working or both not working??my fuel and temp gauge not working what could be the problem?my rpm is around 6k @ 80+km/h i assume the set up is for pick up?

hi! im a new kr rider! and im not sure how much vibration is too much?how to loosen clutch lever.. damn tight now hand aching!!haha..

:thumb: :)

thanks for that info..

anybody knows if suspension nv bounce or bounces 2 to 3 times over a hump which is working or both not working??my fuel and temp gauge not working what could be the problem?my rpm is around 6k @ 80+km/h i assume the set up is for pick up?

top gear? if yes, yup.. your set up is purely for pick up thus the lower speed at top gear..

never bounce is better because it's hard.. too soft will hit your rear tire. I'm sure you don't wan that to happen.. :)

My front brake pump seems to be leaking, brake fluid leaking under the lever and brake feels sponge ..

Wats needs replacement ? is it the o-rings or seals or need to change brake pump ?? Cost $$ how much

Also, just pump tyres but bike feels heavy to push ...

Edited by YEN96

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

KAWASAKI ZX-10R FY3946Z (26 Oct 07 - 23 Jan 10)

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1986 MB 280SE EZ8138M 1992 Toyota Cressida SBU1756L

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

http://w1.bikepics.com/pics/2006/05/16/bikepics-589321-full.jpg

My front brake pump seems to be leaking, brake fluid leaking under the lever and brake feels sponge ..

Wats needs replacement ? is it the o-rings or seals or need to change brake pump ?? Cost $$ how much

Also, just pump tyres but bike feels heavy to push ...

as u mentioned, brake pump leaking thus the brake cannot "go back" completely.. so it will keep on "makan" your disc, try to not ride if possible else go change the brake.. we cannot confirm whether is it the rings or the pump itself because u need to open up and see..

brake pump need to change because the "smoothness" has been damaged and the problem will be back again..

O-rings n seals will be checked once they open up your brake pump to check..

Resolve it fast else your disc will need to be changed as well.. because tio makan already.. :)

as u mentioned, brake pump leaking thus the brake cannot "go back" completely.. so it will keep on "makan" your disc, try to not ride if possible else go change the brake.. we cannot confirm whether is it the rings or the pump itself because u need to open up and see..

brake pump need to change because the "smoothness" has been damaged and the problem will be back again..

Resolve it fast else your disc will need to be changed as well.. because tio makan already.. :)

oh, bike feels heavy to push bcos brake pump leak & still biting on disc ?? can advise repair cost for

brake pump

brake disc

brake pads

brake hose

lost touch a bit liaoz

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1993 Honda Civic Vti EG6 SBZ2065P 1993 Honda Civic Vti EG9 SBX9073E 2002 MB E200 SDT6931X

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

oh, bike feels heavy to push bcos brake pump leak & still biting on disc ?? can advise repair cost for

brake pump

brake disc

brake pads

brake hose

lost touch a bit liaoz

sorry.. pricing i'm not sure also.. just go down to your fav bike shop for quotes.. :)

change at ah chong the pump reservoir ( the black box thing ) and some touch up on the jam caliper. $60

other day went across border.

battery 58

front tyre 90/80 - 98

Horn - 15

Number plate sticker - 5

labor - 20

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

1) yup.. normal.. back rear light will light up once you press the brakes..

2) possible to adjust the spring.. you have to "re-adjust" the spring that's connected to your footrest, (the spring you are referring to)

re-adjust would means, bend the metal "slightly" more.. remember.. each MM counts.. dun adjust until the brake light is on all the way.. LOLX... :)

my spring drop off....any DIY method?? use wat??

KAWASAKI KIPS F* XX *

YAMAHA RD350LC FS4160Z

1996 Honda Civic SiR EK4

1991 MB 200E SBT2703M

1992 MB 280SE SBU6143Y

change at ah chong the pump reservoir ( the black box thing ) and some touch up on the jam caliper. $60

other day went across border.

battery 58

front tyre 90/80 - 98

Horn - 15

Number plate sticker - 5

labor - 20

RM ar? SG not worth for some stuff.. RM okok lor..

my spring drop off....any DIY method?? use wat??

wow.. bro.. dun dig some old stuff.. can't recall or trace back.. LOL..

anyway, go bike shop and ask if where they keep all the "old" small stuff.. den look for any spring that they might have.. reuse that.. else it doesn't really affect your bike to continue to run.. so can ignore it until you reach bike shop.. :)

mostly they have one.. depend on bike shop.. some will charge you $1~$2.. ah chiong i doubt he will charge you for that.. lolx..

• 4 weeks later...

double post.. =_=""

I'm having a solo DIY session, do advise me if you wish to learn anything or do anything.. I can guide you to do it by giving advise while you do.. :)

Of cuz, not doing porting block/carb and etc.. :)

Just some simple stuff here and there.. :)

• 3 weeks later...