SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

To all Harley Davidson riders

maneater

Bro stwb1981, re ur earlier post when u said lube the spare belt with armourall leather care. Do u also lube ur existing belt as well? Or is it advisable to do anything to the belt i.e apply belt condition and the likes

And btw the bandana looks and works great. Might get another

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bro stwb1981, re ur earlier post when u said lube the spare belt with armourall leather care. Do u also lube ur existing belt as well? Or is it advisable to do anything to the belt i.e apply belt condition and the likes

And btw the bandana looks and works great. Might get another

Hi mate,

Thanks for the support ...

Do feel free to get more bandanas from me....

Till now not yet lube the belt was advised by a senior as stated to lube the belt as this will prolong the belt life....

Sound logical to me but I will need to do more research on that mate....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs773.ash1/166356_131601833567489_100001530181591_182770_5027349_n.jpg

More for less . . . Always!!!

M.B Products : Lifestyle, Performance, Electronics, Security, Accessories . . .

Click here ---> Visit Motore Bici Section for more details

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all, I might be getting a HD soon. Have a few queries on my own. Firstly, is HD a bike suitable for the road conditions in Sg? Looking to get a sportster. And besides that, is there any shop that sells 2nd hand HDs that I can trade in my current bike for?

I brought you my bullets; you brought me your love.

Our colours don't run.

singapore has one the best maintained road conditions in the world, almost no potholes and unpainted humps.

for that reason, i only ride my hd around sg cause i only have 6cm clearance from the ground.

out of sg, i have other bikes to serve that need

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

singapore has one the best maintained road conditions in the world, almost no potholes and unpainted humps.

for that reason, i only ride my hd around sg cause i only have 6cm clearance from the ground.

out of sg, i have other bikes to serve that need

Hmm, besides that point, how bout traffic? Is it comfortable to move around with local traffic conditions? I've read certain bike mags and the reviews are that HDs are difficult to ride unless at a minimal speed.

Our colours don't run.

Hmm, besides that point, how bout traffic? Is it comfortable to move around with local traffic conditions? I've read certain bike mags and the reviews are that HDs are difficult to ride unless at a minimal speed.

One thing I've learnt over the years that whilst it's good to do some homework some of the time, you can't always believe what you read and more importantly, it will never be as good as finding out for yourself... for the simple reason that everyone's opinions differ. The best way to find out really, is to get on your bike and ride. I guess this applies to a lot of different aspects of life.

Thank goodness you don't have to buy a H-D to find out. Just head down to the H-D dealership and sign up for a test ride on one of their demo bikes. Everything takes getting used to if you're doing it for the first time but a wise man once said that a journey of a million miles starts with but a single step... (or a flick of the Ignition button).

Good luck.

If it has t!ts or a kickstand, I can ride it. :cool:

Trying a demo bike sounds interesting, but I doubt I'll be getting a brand new one as my first HD so a bit paiseh to go try it out. So any opinions out there with regards to the query? Any help is really appreciated!

Our colours don't run.

from your first post, you mentioned you are looking at sportster, think of it as a phantom but with a 1200cc engine...i ride a sportster too and it as nimble as a it can get.

anyway it in the mind, i ridden goldwing, st11 and now, soon a gs12, now these are hard to squeeze in singapore traffic but i am not complaining, still able to manage, traffic here is not like in bangkok or kl city

Edited by maxxmadness

wanna ride with madness?

http://i50.photobucket.com/albums/f340/maxxmadness/madness00.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
How do you know that your Stator was burn?

Simple, check the charging if U have voltmeter install....

Stator coil brunt usually reflect undercharging or if Your bike take a darn long time to crank start it could be the stator coil or battery

both ain't cheap....

Just change my batt cost me close to $300 for pre 04

04 onwards cheaper $260++

Sorry to off topic abit. Anyone know how much to change the throttle cable? I think mine snapped due to wear and tear.

Meaning U can't ride your bike now I presume??

think a set at the agent cost ard $60 to $70 for Sporty exclude labour....

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs773.ash1/166356_131601833567489_100001530181591_182770_5027349_n.jpg

More for less . . . Always!!!

M.B Products : Lifestyle, Performance, Electronics, Security, Accessories . . .

Click here ---> Visit Motore Bici Section for more details

• 6 months later...

Hi Steven, my name is Elvin. May I ask where did you buy the HD engine oil from? Is it from the Harley dealer or from eBay? I am contemplating if I should purchase the Harley service package at $988 from Harley dealer or DIY because my Fatbob is due for it's 32k km service which is a major service with more than 20 core components to be checked, serviced and replaced if necessary. I used to DIY my old bike on engine oil, oil filter but the Harley service manual maintenance schedule on 32k km service is so much more elaborate.

I had one service done by a motor shop where I sold my old bike to and it cost about $140 for oil change, K&N oil filter change, spark plugs change, K&N air filter cleaning, brake fluid check, tire air pressure check and labor as it was then on a 24k km service maintenance.

So far, I have done a few DIY to my Fatbob from ordering sissy bar, fender brackets and HD backrest pad from eBay with self installation. My latest DIY task was installing a self spray painted Hardstreet saddle bags ordered from on-line and it was so satisfying doing it DIY.

But aside from accessories installation, I only managed to buy a Bridgestone front white wall tire and a pair of after-market rear brake pads all at $150 from our local spare parts supplier Ah Boy at Kelantan lane and got a motor shop to install both at $30. I consider so far very fortunate to have spent lesser than expected on this parts which I believe would have cost 2 to 3 folds more if done at Harley workshop.

The reason why I am still considering Harley workshop to service my Fatbob is because I am hoping that they are as meticulous as what is expected as described on the service manual for every component service on the bike but then again I have no way to verify that unless they allow you to be present at the workshop which I understand otherwise.

So, should I or shouldn't I? I would like to hear your opinion since I see you as quite a DIY rider yourself.

Live To Ride but not Ride To Live :cheeky:

even though I had a service package with the dealer which was thrown in when I bot the bike from them. I have my doubts bat their service level, coz I heard so much horror story or bad review on them. I am having some second thots of sending my bike in for service even though it's free.

my suggestion is that since u can do most things dig,why not do those things u can do yourself and those compacted stuff leave it to Tony or twin or samsoon or anyone u familiar with rather than sent it to dealer and get kutok there.

This may take more time and effort and possibily higher cost in the end but I think u get more peace of mind and u know than whatever need to be done is done rather than second guessing whether the mech go thru motion only or not.

Hi Steven, my name is Elvin. May I ask where did you buy the HD engine oil from? Is it from the Harley dealer or from eBay? I am contemplating if I should purchase the Harley service package at $988 from Harley dealer or DIY because my Fatbob is due for it's 32k km service which is a major service with more than 20 core components to be checked, serviced and replaced if necessary. I used to DIY my old bike on engine oil, oil filter but the Harley service manual maintenance schedule on 32k km service is so much more elaborate.

I had one service done by a motor shop where I sold my old bike to and it cost about $140 for oil change, K&N oil filter change, spark plugs change, K&N air filter cleaning, brake fluid check, tire air pressure check and labor as it was then on a 24k km service maintenance.

So far, I have done a few DIY to my Fatbob from ordering sissy bar, fender brackets and HD backrest pad from eBay with self installation. My latest DIY task was installing a self spray painted Hardstreet saddle bags ordered from on-line and it was so satisfying doing it DIY.

But aside from accessories installation, I only managed to buy a Bridgestone front white wall tire and a pair of after-market rear brake pads all at $150 from our local spare parts supplier Ah Boy at Kelantan lane and got a motor shop to install both at $30. I consider so far very fortunate to have spent lesser than expected on this parts which I believe would have cost 2 to 3 folds more if done at Harley workshop.

The reason why I am still considering Harley workshop to service my Fatbob is because I am hoping that they are as meticulous as what is expected as described on the service manual for every component service on the bike but then again I have no way to verify that unless they allow you to be present at the workshop which I understand otherwise.

So, should I or shouldn't I? I would like to hear your opinion since I see you as quite a DIY rider yourself.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi Elvin! You r the first to mention HD FatBOB, I am considering this model now and cannot find much review(I mean local) on FatBob in terms of road handling,speed,build quality, durability and the exhaust thump...(HD signature ) ??

Hope u can share yr experience and comments on current ride on FatBob???

Thanks!

Colin

• 5 years later...
  • 1 month later...
Hello HD Riders, the new HD Roadster 1200 looks awesome. Any bikers own one? Does Sportster suitable on singapore road and lastly 883 or 1200? Reviews,comments?

Have u tried test riding it? Saw 1 on the road few days back.... awesome!

Liverpool revival has started....

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...
is it okay to install Givi Top box behind sportster?

Hi, just wondering why are you asking this question? Can fix any top box as long as you have the correct bracket.

Owned n riden/driven,

Yamaha FZ150, Honda Steed 400, Toyota Starlet, Kawa ZXR400, Honda XR400, Vespa PX150, Honda XRV750, Suzuki GSX750, Honda GL1500, Vespa PX200, Suzuki Minivan, Mazda 323, Daihatsu YRV Turbo, Toyota AE101, Yamaha FJR1300, SYM GTS 200, Volvo S60, BMW R1100RT

Current: Harley Davidson Street Glide :thumb:

Hello HD riders.

Age old question.

anyone know of a gd current (2017) reputable HD workshop that does servicing/repairs/mods without 'slashing and burning' you aka your wallet?

Hello HD riders.

Age old question.

anyone know of a gd current (2017) reputable HD workshop that does servicing/repairs/mods without 'slashing and burning' you aka your wallet?

there is a few...Dr Tony Ace Custom or Peter Skullz Cycle....All are gurus on HD, and of course HDS...

Germany :cheeky: Germany

EVO or TC...

Which is is easier to upkeep?

All HD engine have it's own signature, really depends what you want...HD has no technology or maybe outdated technology...if u looking for hi-tech, then HD is not for you. If you looking for heritage, this is one lifestyle bike that you will always be look upon when you are on the road...doesn't matter evo/tc or whatever...as long it's a harley, there is always someone out there admiring the bike because of it's history....

Germany :cheeky: Germany

• 3 weeks later...