SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[BBDC] Class 2B (2010)

During TP i checked that the traffic is clear (road empty) the traffice light is green so i just check blind spot and did a u-turn. But i still kena 2 times fail to look out of traffic at junction.

I dont know what is the correct way as i looked on all directions at all junction but still kena.

Is there a procedure or i just have to turn my head more?

bbdc u-turn done at traffic light nowadays meh?

anyway, the procedure should be check oncoming traffic, then blind spot. if you did all these, probably the tester/instructor didn't notice it or think u didn't turn ur head enough to check.

肥仔七åƒå·

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

During TP i checked that the traffic is clear (road empty) the traffice light is green so i just check blind spot and did a u-turn. But i still kena 2 times fail to look out of traffic at junction.

I dont know what is the correct way as i looked on all directions at all junction but still kena.

Is there a procedure or i just have to turn my head more?

You mean right-turn at junction? After the U-turn?

In the filter lane, stop in the right half of the lane so that you can see oncoming traffic clearly. If clear, check right blind-spot then go. Almost done with the turn, glance at the left filter lane to see if any vehicles coming. So, two checks required at this junction.

• 2 months later...

Trying my luck here... Anyone willing to sell me their RTT slot in the early august. Preferable 1st 2nd week of august. Willing to pay for the slot.

My slot is on the 23 August.

If you do pls ctc 9 2 2 3 four three three 1

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Veil : Thanks so much for sharing your experience. I was now at 1.02, and today is my 3rd attempt, and I still didn't make it..Really feeling demoralised..The feedback from the instructors was that I am too stiff, and still not very steady when stopping..I thought I made some progress, but it is still not enough :-(

Veil : Thanks so mutimeor sharing your experience. I was now at 1.02, and today is my 3rd attempt, and I still didn't make it..Really feeling demoralised..The feedback from the instructors was that I am too stiff, and still not very steady when stopping..I thought I made some progress, but it is still not enough :-(

Sounds like me.

Brake gradually n at e same time, clutch in

http://i1185.photobucket.com/albums/z341/lotand/IMG_1124.jpg

Ride Defensively; always.

Class BB2BDC - 11AUG2010

Kawasaki KIPS -> 2010 ~ 2014

Aprilia RS125(09) -> 2014 ~ 2017

Class BB2ADC - NOV2016

Suzuki DRZ -> 2017 ~ 2018

Honda Revo -> 2018 ~

• 3 weeks later...

Hi I'm would like to start the Class 2B Course in the end of this year but I have some questions:

1. Do I have to pass the RTT before I can start any practical lessons? (eg. the Practical Stage 1-5)?

2. According to the BBDC website I can book the Traffic Police Practical Test after I have passed the RTT. How long is the time period that I will have to wait between the between passing the RTT and taking the practical test?

3. If I chiong the course, is it possible to finish it within 3 months? Will only be in Singapore for that long because I currently study overseas.

I have already passed the BTT and hold a class 3A car licence.

Thanks for your advice!

Hi I'm would like to start the Class 2B Course in the end of this year but I have some questions:

1. Do I have to pass the RTT before I can start any practical lessons? (eg. the Practical Stage 1-5)?

2. According to the BBDC website I can book the Traffic Police Practical Test after I have passed the RTT. How long is the time period that I will have to wait between the between passing the RTT and taking the practical test?

3. If I chiong the course, is it possible to finish it within 3 months? Will only be in Singapore for that long because I currently study overseas.

Thanks for your advice!

1) No, RTT is only for booking 6.01, 7.01, 8.01, 8.02 and practical test.

2) http://www.bbdc.sg/bbweb/MembersInformation/TestDatesTestRequirements.aspx. Row 6: 19th November 2014. Today's date 8th September. A good estimate is 2 months 11 days then.

3) The most optimistic possible period is (2m 1w wait for RTT) + (2m 2w wait for PT). Even then you need to pass 1.01, 1.02, 1.03, 2.01, 2.02, 3.01, 3.02, 4.01, 4.02, 5.01, 5.02, PPL 1.01, PPL, 1.02, PPL 1.03 within the wait for RTT, in order not to lengthen the wait by a single day. If you are a god in learning bike, maybe 4 months 3 weeks is possible in BBDC.

• 4 weeks later...

Hi! I enroled in class 2b about 2weeks ago. 1st lesson - failed my 1.01. 2nd lesson - passed 1.01 + 1.02. 3rd lesson - failed my 1.03 cause of my low speed control buay zai, the changing up and down gear was seemingly ok for me though!

Was wondering if anyone could give me pointers on low speed control? :? wobbled esp during braking, front wheel overshot the cones during the part where we have to move from cones to cones that were about 1m away from each other.

Hi! I enroled in class 2b about 2weeks ago. 1st lesson - failed my 1.01. 2nd lesson - passed 1.01 + 1.02. 3rd lesson - failed my 1.03 cause of my low speed control buay zai, the changing up and down gear was seemingly ok for me though!

Was wondering if anyone could give me pointers on low speed control? :? wobbled esp during braking, front wheel overshot the cones during the part where we have to move from cones to cones that were about 1m away from each other.

How the hell do you fail 1.01? Isn't it just a lecture?

1.03 I failed 3 times. Went for free 4th lesson. Passed on 5th try. After that every lesson seem easy compared to 1.03.

Tips

-Look far forward instead of focusing on ground and cone. Head straight but eyeballs can move a bit to aim at stopping point.

-Keep upper body tight but lower body relaxed. Upper body tight and arms gripping handlebar tight because small movement will cause wobbling. Lower body relax because you need to move leg off the ground or off the peg.

-Prevent engine knocking (which causes vibrations and might shake the bike) by over-reving while keeping clutch at biting point, during moving. I was scared of doing this because if you accidentally let go clutch while over-reving, the bike will burst forward. But I guess that's why they call 1.03 clutch control lesson.

If cannot do 1.03 properly, narrow plank and up slope lessons very hard.

How the hell do you fail 1.01? Isn't it just a lecture?

1.03 I failed 3 times. Went for free 4th lesson. Passed on 5th try. After that every lesson seem easy compared to 1.03.

Tips

-Look far forward instead of focusing on ground and cone. Head straight but eyeballs can move a bit to aim at stopping point.

-Keep upper body tight but lower body relaxed. Upper body tight and arms gripping handlebar tight because small movement will cause wobbling. Lower body relax because you need to move leg off the ground or off the peg.

-Prevent engine knocking (which causes vibrations and might shake the bike) by over-reving while keeping clutch at biting point, during moving. I was scared of doing this because if you accidentally let go clutch while over-reving, the bike will burst forward. But I guess that's why they call 1.03 clutch control lesson.

If cannot do 1.03 properly, narrow plank and up slope lessons very hard.

1.01 wasn't a lecture! We actually got to go onto the bike, gear 1 and maintained 1/2 clutch, throttle and braking at the mini circuit.

Kena burst forward like twice during my 1.03 haha. Thank you for your tips! I'll be sure to keep that in mind during the low speed control :) :)

1.01 wasn't a lecture! We actually got to go onto the bike, gear 1 and maintained 1/2 clutch, throttle and braking at the mini circuit.

Kena burst forward like twice during my 1.03 haha. Thank you for your tips! I'll be sure to keep that in mind during the low speed control :) :)

Wah okay. Last year when I took 1.01 it was just a lecture. Then the instructor bring us outside to let us start the bike and point out the pedals and buttons. That's all.

Looking forward to my 2A lessons soon once 1 year is up. Will probably see you around :cheer:

i think the best tip would be to use your foot brake a lot more then your front brake.. it works for me.. my bike will come to a stable stop rather then a shaky stop..

Thanks for your advice!

1. you just have to go for 2 basic theory lessons and go for 2 riding theory lessons then you can start practical liao

2. depends.. about 2 months.

3. yes i have heard of friends who got the license in 2 months.. go everyday.. 2 or 3 lessons in one day. and must be very zai.. so as not to fail the lessons and thus have to keep repeating and wasting time.

haha hope it helps!

i think the best tip would be to use your foot brake a lot more then your front brake.. it works for me.. my bike will come to a stable stop rather then a shaky stop..

Thank you for your tips! I stopped myself from looking down at the cones and used mainly my foot brake.. Passed my 1.03 weeeeeeee :D

• 2 weeks later...

I finished my 4 theory lesson ! completed rtt , booked rtt date 11/Nov/14 . Hope i pass rtt man !! Only can book prac tmr evening cuz they said need 24 hours after theory :(

I bought arm socks & got 1 free ! Those that want to buy can find me , I sell you half price ! :D

• 1 month later...