SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

[SSDC] Class 2B (2010)

• Replies 428
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi anyone can advise on prac 6 ? Would like to know the sequence of this lesson...

prac 6 the instructor will bring u round the test route once. After that he will point on your mistakes. Then u are on your own, they will follow u through the test route. Remember to stop at those 2 waiting points. As long as u dont have any immediate failure u will pass.

Hmmm, gear 1 I will just half clutch all the way. It's not easy to let go totally. Or do you mean biting point?

It's the half clutch thing. I never release enough of the clutch to get to half clutch I think hahaha, probably because I am worried about going too fast. Instructor had to pillion me and ask me to stare at how much he release the clutch :(

I think my main problem is being a chicken. Too worried about going too fast to handle so I end up being too slow and that's horrible to control. I also get stressed out if there are many other bikes near me. Certainly need more practice to get used to all the hand and leg coordination required. Hopefully once I get used to all the hand and legwork, it won't be as tough.

It's the half clutch thing. I never release enough of the clutch to get to half clutch I think hahaha, probably because I am worried about going too fast. Instructor had to pillion me and ask me to stare at how much he release the clutch :(

I think my main problem is being a chicken. Too worried about going too fast to handle so I end up being too slow and that's horrible to control. I also get stressed out if there are many other bikes near me. Certainly need more practice to get used to all the hand and leg coordination required. Hopefully once I get used to all the hand and legwork, it won't be as tough.

u at lesson 1? to me lesson 1 is the hardest. I use to cycle bicycle a lot when I was a kid, so fig 8, crank, slalom and narrow plank all ok for me, but Lesson 1 I repeat 3 times. Actually u dont need to worry about going too fast when playing with clutch, at most only loose balance and fall.

u at lesson 1? to me lesson 1 is the hardest. I use to cycle bicycle a lot when I was a kid, so fig 8, crank, slalom and narrow plank all ok for me, but Lesson 1 I repeat 3 times. Actually u dont need to worry about going too fast when playing with clutch, at most only loose balance and fall.

Yep, lesson 1. I think it is very important to get the fundamentals correct so I don't mind being stuck in Lesson 1. After all, I am a bit of a spider and not that young anymore lol. What's more, not being able to go for frequent lessons means progress is limited. The next time I go back.. forget alot of stuff.

good to learn the lesson now instead of during TP or later.

i cleared pract 5, pract 6 this fri night.

All the best! Remember the test route and stay calm ;)

Is it okay for me to post up the 2 x test routes here, and get help from the bros around...

1) Circuit - Ways to do the circuit etc

2) Road - Places to check blind spot etc

If we were to have that, it will be ideal and helpful!

:angel: Be considerate on the roads! Ride safe! :)

All the best! Remember the test route and stay calm ;)

Is it okay for me to post up the 2 x test routes here, and get help from the bros around...

1) Circuit - Ways to do the circuit etc

2) Road - Places to check blind spot etc

If we were to have that, it will be ideal and helpful!

Circuit - must always remember those check blind spots & check back things. Also the signal to move off. Check back only after seeing the hand/light signal, not before the signals.

road - anytime approaching junctions, change lane & during turning must check blind spot. check back everytime before moving off.

Also just to share-at lesson 6, I kena caught did not stop at stop line right after turning left from school. Luckily just a warning.

Class 3 2004

Class 2B 2010

Class 2A 2012

Circuit - must always remember those check blind spots & check back things. Also the signal to move off. Check back only after seeing the hand/light signal, not before the signals.

road - anytime approaching junctions, change lane & during turning must check blind spot. check back everytime before moving off.

Also just to share-at lesson 6, I kena caught did not stop at stop line right after turning left from school. Luckily just a warning.

jepang bro, thks for the info. for the circuit, can you enlighten me about the e brake? The rest of the circuit preferably engage gear 2 easier to clear?

jepang bro, thks for the info. for the circuit, can you enlighten me about the e brake? The rest of the circuit preferably engage gear 2 easier to clear?

E brake.

Check back (check inner side)

Move off

Gear 2 to 30kph

Gear 3 and maintain between 30 to 35kph

Head face front

Reach first cone (yellow line)

Close throttle

hand and foot brake apply together firm and get tigher as you stop

almost stop completely: clutch in, left leg down, both brake still apply

stopped.

right leg down, right signal, gear 1

check back, move off.

check posture, elbow almost straight, knee gripped tank.

Plank must be in gear 1. :x

anybody here can share experience/tips during tp test day. Like what are the process that will take place.

will they allow us to try/warm up one round?

i was informed by an instructor that work permit holders go first follow by youngest singaporeans. mean the eldest will go last.

Class 3 2004

Class 2B 2010

Class 2A 2012

The stuff you all are talking about are too high level for me liao .. so even if I see.. also cannot reply :p

Wah which prac are you at currently? ;) Everyone has been through the beginning stages also, don't be paiseh! anything in doubt feel free to voice out!