SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda PCX

EIDTSH

Have you guys who own the older PCX had the idle stop running at the traffic lights and when you open throttle, the scooter does not start? Happened to me a few weeks ago at a busy intersection. I had to shut off the engine and start again. I have Clearwater Voltage Sentry as my voltmeter for my scooter.

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i136/gohjohan/PCX%20voltmeter/PHOTO_20141222_165018_zpse9ofybcw.jpg

When the LED flashes red, voltage is less than 11.8 volts. That's when the scooter won't start. Have to off engine and start again. I got the battery recharged and it's all good, for now.....

This is the Voltage Sentry out of the box

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i136/gohjohan/PCX%20voltmeter/CVS-close-up-lit_zps1ca2c92d.jpg

Battery voltage is 12.49 volts, which according the the service manual, is good. Until there's a way to lower the power consumption, have to be watchful of the battery voltage.

From my experience this year, the signs for idle stop not going to work is

1) battery voltage low, either below 11.8volts during idle stop or

2) when bike is going down hill, the battery isn't been charged. On the Voltage Sentry, LED is green and not flashing green. Flashing green is what you want to see.

3) haven't seen the orange LED for long time when waiting at the traffic lights. Orange LED is voltage between 11.8 volts to 12.4 volts.

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

• 1 month later...
  • Replies 830
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
Battery seems to be a problem for this bike. Any other pcx riders experience batt issues?

It happens around 1 year, if you ride constantly. From what I found out in Honda PCX Forum, those who ride it as weekend bike will face the problem earlier, especially with Stop Idle

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/sig-metric2/414133.png

Hi guys,

Just bought used pcx 125. I've been stop riding since 2007. Found that might be cheated by the seller. But its too late now. During test ride did not spend too much time on it. Today morning just done transfer onwership. After that took the bike and ride happily, but after riding for 15mins, I stop my bike when idling has a very noisy kla kla kla sound from the engine. When im stop the engine, no matter pushing forward or backward, there is like friction in between metal feeling and came out some wierd sound, the sound very obvious and loud.

Then i ride passing by unique motor, stop by and ask any idea to this problem, one of the technician told me is due to engine bearing cause the idling sound very lound, and the rear wheel bearing also faulty. All this will cost me roughly $650-$750. A bit up set with this news for me.

Anyone bro here can give me advised or any experienced this problem?