SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Best 2A Sportsbike for me?

Kaizer

Which bike?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. Which bike?

• Honda GSX-R 400
    • Kawasaki ZXR 400
    • Aprilia RS250
    • Honda NSR250
    • Honda RVF 400
    • Honda CBR 400 Fireblade
    • Yamaha Hornet 250
    • WR,DR or XR 400
    • Pay PQP COE NOW coz COE won't drop before Oct
    • COE will drop enough by Oct, so wait

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aiyah you ppl. it's just a short form lah, it's difficult to type in the model names in full everytime what... :sian:

with regards to tank job, u have to check with bikeshops.

if u buy a bike and the cam chain needs to be replaced, u might as well not buy that bike.

Cam chain tensioner might need tightening, or replacing, wont cost u an arm or leg, but labour costs varies. at the same time u can do your valve clearance/alignment adjustments.

check out the garage section and see the 3-4 gixxers on sale has been sold yet to find out.

im only interested in mono-ing... only read from so many magazines on how to do it using powerful cl2 4-strokes... not yet read any on how to do using 2b 2-strokes, so i dunt know. btw, do u fan the clutch? poping is the first step towards success or the hospital.

Can give me an estimate how much to do the tank treatment thing? So that I can calculate if it's better to keep my mito or buy the g4..

and also the cam chain thingy, how much would that cost me to get repaired?

abt monoing, ive tried doing this: first gear move off to 8k rpm, close throttle and once it comes down to like 4-5k (you experiment yourself lah what number is best), whack open the throttle while trying to pull up the front end. but doing this is quite scary, but i managed to pull up the front while on the move, just still dont have enough guts and money to really go all the way, yet. ;) it kinda also uses the rebound from your suspensions to get lift.

And no, I don't fan the clutch, I just slip the clutch for a second or two at 8+k and then let go the clutch. Lifts nicely and very smooth too...you cannot just let go, cl2b bikes not enough power to pop like that. good luck :thumb:

I miss you baby:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/thekaizer/automotive/18317145062605l.jpg

*Disclaimer: Kaizer is an imaginary character and all posts are based on fiction.

Originally posted by GhostRider17@Apr 10 2004, 12:25 PM

buy RVF bike will not regret , it gave u power n handling... :cheer: :cheer: :cheer:

I have personally smoked out several rvfs wheni was ridding my gsxr es peciall in malaysia so yah u can pay alot for a a very fast little nothing hehehe me go lower on the gsx r than on rvf must have balls though its 1 harcore bctih i tell ya with a few chaep yet effective mods...

Beating a Honda is like banging a fat chick. Everyone can do it but who wants to brag about it....

WELCOME TO THE DARKSIDE!!!

:cheer: RVF :cheer:

2002 - 2003 Honda NSR SP 150

2003 - 2005 Honda RVF 400

2004 - 2006 GSX-1300R Hayabusa

2008 - ? Yamaha FZ 600

IBA Member No 25268

http://www.121network.net/images/sig11.gif

Originally posted by black black bird@Apr 16 2004, 03:34 AM

I have personally smoked out several rvfs wheni was ridding my gsxr es peciall in malaysia so yah u can pay alot for a a very fast little nothing hehehe me go lower on the gsx r than on rvf must have balls though its 1 harcore bctih i tell ya with a few chaep yet effective mods...

yeah maybe u r skillful n maybe the rider dun know how to make full use of RVF bike .. :cheeky: there till have skillful rider out there........... :cheeky:

StRaIgHt RoAd Is FoR KiDs ....... BuT CoRnErS Is FoR RaCeRs

Originally posted by Kaizer@Apr 15 2004, 10:50 PM

Can give me an estimate how much to do the tank treatment thing? So that I can calculate if it's better to keep my mito or buy the g4..

no idea, but i have an rxz that has the tank re-treated. already done before i bought it. u have to check with bike shops. i've got absolutely no idea how much it'll cost. should be much less than changing the tank else everybody buy new tank lor :D

and also the cam chain thingy, how much would that cost me to get repaired?

considering that the cam chain is worn, other internals are could be worn too. u wanna get all repaired? i've heard people changing their cam chain tensioners plus checking all the valve clearances etc for close to $200...i couldnt remember its for changing or for tightening, i believe the guys in the gix4 thread above could help u with that.

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11573/happyhalloween.jpg

Originally posted by Scorpione_phantom@Apr 16 2004, 09:35 PM

hahaha

aiyo.cannot sae get haya will die.. like that wait haya ppl :gun: :gun: u how? hurrhurr PEACE!

My meaning is want to ride so fast get Haya/CBR1000/K4, clear meter and see whether the rider still on the bike! :D

http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2009/07/09/bikepics-1722149-full.jpg

If It Ain't Scary, It Ain't Fast Enough

Aye...G4 problematic?well...so far mine is onli minor prob loh.actualli all bike were hav prob depends how u maintain it.if u want budget bike...go for G4...if u one pick up bike...Rvf...if u want topend...go for CBR..if u want pick up 2stroke...RS250/PGM loh...simple rite.but if i not wrong G4 n CbR hurricane is the lowest budget among all.If u like racing go for cheaper bike so tat ur heart wun feel tat pain when buang(touchwood).

RVF is definely a gd bike,chio...one of the newest 400cc. but price(most ex 400cc) n maintence :help: were burn a big hole on ur pocket.

GSXR is another choice due to price range is the most offordable one.if u dun mine the loud noise.keke.(btw u dun realli need to overhauled)some says tat coz due to it age.so far non of my members overhaul.tips:(if u wanna a gd gsxr need to find a expert to help u up)i got some of the experts here.u can pm me if u need help.haha sori for advertise.

CBR realli fast,especially topend...no one denied it.even i were also give it 2 tumbs up.

Zx4R-hmmm not realli noe bout tis bike...but tis little moster can surprise u.another topend killer.maintence...better fix at malaysia coz they much experience in tis baby.price range around the same as CBR.look chio too

250cc bike ...aye got gd n bad pts lah...no sure bout the maintence...but it realli a gd bike to drag especially in sg...no place for u to play topspeed.but the chamber sound realli

:help:

here above are the comment by me...no harm hor...keke :thumb:

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

hehehe, wat bikes u hav in mind...juz ask CBR,RVF,Zx,GsxR bikes out...den u try it urself....kekekeke...

:cheeky:

http://rds.yahoo.com/S=96062883/K=bikestunts/v=2/SID=w/l=IVS/SIG=13jp55pvs/*-http%3A//us.movies1.yimg.com/movies.yahoo.com/images/hv/photo/movie_pix/dreamworks_skg/biker_boyz/bikestunts.jpg

...LeT tHe WeAk SaY, i Am StRoNg. .

Originally posted by fibre@Apr 11 2004, 11:32 AM

Hmm, not really la

Heard from many S4 friends that it's not really good for cornering. Due to the design etc. the front just wants to go down further and it's not that stable in corners compared to sportybikes

But plus point is that it is comfy and has a box~ And great pickup!

i riding S4...cornering ok leh...who say no gd? :cheeky:

wheres my siggy?!?!

Stan u are diff...everyone noes u are damn gd in cornering.even i give u a vespa u also corner like siao....tis handsome now choosing sportbike u super4 cum out...:sian: jokin nia....lol yar...yesterdae i was in bedok 85.n saw a guy use his super4 wheelie at carpark... :sian: wat is his intention?showing frd?i mean he's gd...but not in carpark mah...may hurt himself or other ppl.heng he's alrite.

yah the best way is u test the bike 1 by 1 urself. :thumb:

http://www.ducatinewstoday.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/06/Stay_a_Hero_Campaign.jpg

Like father like son

Yeah..... get a few of ur frends to let you try out the various bikes to have a feel of the handling power etc to see which one u like best. but do be careful hor....dun drop their bikes....hehe. One thing to take note is that unless the bike u getting is from private owner and you have tested it before, the bike you get may not be as good as you expect, especially if from motordiam so do take note ya....

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v111/Arcfire/PGforumbike.jpg

Jun 2002 - May 2003 ~ NSR150SP

May2003 - Dec 2006 ~ GSXR400RR

Oct 2006 - Present ~ Burgman AN400K3

Buy the one which u feel it is the one for u.

All bikes needs to service & servicing is almost same for 400cc.

U may get a cheap bike & do up swee swee or buy an ex bike & do up swee swee also. If u have the money, Honey is for u to grab.

:smile:

2002 - 2003 Honda NSR SP 150

2003 - 2005 Honda RVF 400

2004 - 2006 GSX-1300R Hayabusa

2008 - ? Yamaha FZ 600

IBA Member No 25268

http://www.121network.net/images/sig11.gif

wat abt the ZXR400..very little being said abt dis bike..heard it's really good but have rumours abt ex parts..anyone??

Riot-Bike Co.

http://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/02ba5dfd.jpghttp://i90.photobucket.com/albums/k273/Riotbike/SimonsSideCarBike-1.jpg

Need sidecar for wedding photoshoot? PM me

parts are not ex...u can go jb to find...its actualli a gd bike but dunno y onli few ppl ride tat.

Like father like son

kuku kai, i feel that getting the gsxr is the best, as its the cheapest among the class, wan to sell after a year price also around $2k and below, and u just spend money to repair and do up abit, and it wil llast long...

http://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_561317858m.jpghttp://photos-p.friendster.com/photos/81/71/1151718/1_406319657m.jpg

[¯*林德金 超級摩托 飆車隊 *¯]

** signature editted. unauthorised advertising **

u will lose the same amount of money if u pay cash for all the bikes mention below, but if u pay instalment, u will loose less on a cheaper bike.

Therefore, if u got straight cash, just buy anyone depending on ur budget.

If u got straight 8-9k cash, buy rvf.

U got only 5-6k cash, buy cbr.

U got only 2-3k cash, buy gsx.

My advice to u, be prepared that after spend 1.5k to 2k do up a 1.5k gsx400, u may still get it to work like u want it to be. Of course u can still ride on it, but it may not be safe to ride fast. U might only be able to restore its 60-70%. Of course if u are lucky, u may get well maintain gsx400 around. But chances is rare.

I also intended to buy gsx400 last time, my thinking was buy at 2k repair 2k, then sell at 1k, lose 3k in a year. Or even dont sell straight away throw away after one year and lose one k more. But my mech advice me get honda bike after letting him viewed abt 10 gsx400 which almost all got suspension problem, front fork leak(common bcos inverted fork very problematic), and engine wear and tear until overhaul may be needed. He say can ride, but dangerous.

If you get rvf, u might want to consider the maintenance cost. You pay more, but the resale value is there. How good rvf is I dont know, bcos I only hear people say only. Buy 9k, do 1k, sell 7k, lose 3k. But rvf is newer, so bike should have less wear and tear. But theft rate is very high. My fren lost one. I no money to risk. Don't dare buy also. :btw: save up for class2, dont over spend on a class2A if u intend to upgrade.

If you get cbr, buy 6k, do 1k, sell 4k, also lose 3k. But you need less repair bcos honda is better known for reliability. If u suay may get poor condition one also, but repair is cheap bcos honda parts like pasam palam, very cheap. Thats why ultimately I chose cbr, I buy at 6.5k and already spend 1.2k on it to do up the parts until like new (actually can dont do, but I very fussy)

I like zx4, very nice, but I scare its parts difficult to find and little mech know how to repair. So I dont dare buy.

I went thru the same as u, actually all the same lah(if u not fussy abt bike). Bcos I am very fussy, so a gsx may not suit me, bcos my 6 years old cbr I already got so many things I find old liao and change even when not necessary, if I buy a 10 year old gsx400, I will change more things. If I buy rvf, I dun have money to change anything :lol: . I know of people of buy gsx at 2k ride one year never repair anything only change engine oil once or twice, and sell at 1.5k. Deped on how fussy u r, if u are the type who dont spend much on bikes, a gsx may serve u well enuf. But to go fast and safe, I suggest u get newer or honda bike.

X1R for sale: Fully stock Oct 2010 mileage 20k $6.5k

gxsr powerful....:faint:

o_O

:thumb:

Originally posted by il4@Apr 26 2004, 07:56 PM

where in malaysia?

around loh...jb bah.ah hong (ah gua lane there)he can do 400cc bike...i done there b4.cant say best lah...coz not every bikeshop can do 4stroke bike especially in jb :cheeky:

Like father like son

if u always chiong then pick g4 loh...coz ur heat wun get pain...if i get rvf n touchwood...1st i think is $$$ :giddy: g4 actualli got some minor prob...but if u noe how to D.I.Y...it gd...if u need ani infor u can go to Technical tok for gk76 Gsxr400.....forum...by AE86(my lao jiao)...he's expert on bike.As for me...i organizer outin for gixxerian. :smile:

Like father like son

me go lower on the gsx r than on rvf must have balls though its 1 harcore bctih i tell ya with a few chaep yet effective mods...

u said u went lower on ur gixxer then u went lower on ur rvf? heh, how mani bikes u owned?

So its u who can't manage to corner that low on ur rvf or wad?

I can say gixxers r fast, so r RVFs...its also means, ur bike is fast, but ur mentality isn't

U remind me of white_lion.... previously where a dude start a thread sayin his sp can hit 200kmph++ w/o wobbling n can even win g1,r1,cbr1k,haya....

Guys still rem?

b.b bird, u sound like him. r u the same IDIOT?

I LOVE my R1!!!:shades:

Originally posted by benson@Apr 27 2004, 07:15 AM

u said u went lower on ur gixxer then u went lower on ur rvf? heh, how mani bikes u owned?

So its u who can't manage to corner that low on ur rvf or wad?

I can say gixxers r fast, so r RVFs...its also means, ur bike is fast, but ur mentality isn't

U remind me of white_lion.... previously where a dude start a thread sayin his sp can hit 200kmph++ w/o wobbling n can even win g1,r1,cbr1k,haya....

Guys still rem?

b.b bird, u sound like him. r u the same IDIOT?

:cheer: :cheer: