SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Best 2A Sportsbike for me?

Kaizer

Which bike?  

329 members have voted

1. 1. Which bike?

• Honda GSX-R 400
    • Kawasaki ZXR 400
    • Aprilia RS250
    • Honda NSR250
    • Honda RVF 400
    • Honda CBR 400 Fireblade
    • Yamaha Hornet 250
    • WR,DR or XR 400
    • Pay PQP COE NOW coz COE won't drop before Oct
    • COE will drop enough by Oct, so wait

:sweat:

I know it's a lot to ask, but really, I don't really like or know 2A bikes at all. I was planning to keep my Mito until my class 2, but COE prices have shot up to $851 that I think I simply have no choice but to either sell away my bike or scrap it, coz it's COE is ending in October! :mad: :mad:

So, I'm looking for suggestions for the best 2A bike that I can afford.

I'm looking at either a cheap G4 (GSX-R 400) or the mysterious Z4 (ZXR400).

What's most important to me is (in priority):

-Least problematic and plentiful spares

-Good resale

-Cornering capability

-Affordable price

-Good power (must be able to hit more than my 200km/h Mito lah...)

Coz this bike is just a transition and I'm not planning to get attached to it (unlike my mito :weep: ) so the money factor is kinda important.

I like the look of the G4, and on the other hand, I like the fact that the Z4 is kinda rare on the roads (heard some good stuff about it too).

I'm open to any reccomendations of ANY 2A bikes, including strokers like RS250 or NSR250 or even roadbikes that can corner good (S4 can't corner for the life of me..). I'm also interested in scamblers, but donno nuts about what's good and what's not. :D

Thanks all!

I miss you baby:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v638/thekaizer/automotive/18317145062605l.jpg

*Disclaimer: Kaizer is an imaginary character and all posts are based on fiction.

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was think aprillia RS250 but spares ex.. I think the cheapest should be the Suzuki GSXr400 and also the oldest..i think. But if you wan something big(class 2 size), rare and lots of road presence get e kawa z4.:smile:

AMG Mercedes - The combination of Speed and Luxury

Feb 2004 ~ June 2004 - 1994 Cagiva Mito Mk2

Nov 2004 ~ April 2005 - 1995 Aprilia RS125 Extrema

Mar 2006 ~ Jan 2007 - 1993 Cagiva Mito Mk2

Mar 2005 ~ May 2008 - 1994 Cagiva Mito EVO

JuL 2007 ~ JuL 2008- 1993 Honda Civic EG8

Dec 2006 ~ JuL 2010- 1997 Aprilia RS250

JuL 2008 ~ ? - 2004 Subaru Impreza WRX

JuL 2010 ~ ? - 2005 Yamaha R6

Honda's Fireblade not bad too... A compromise of reliability and performance. Parts are available and affordable too. :smile:

http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2009/07/09/bikepics-1722149-full.jpg

If It Ain't Scary, It Ain't Fast Enough

I looked around a little for the pricing of the G4, Z4 and the RS250...

G4 I can get for 1.5k, that's a real attractive point to consider, but I wonder if it'd be a problematic little whore, and if I'd be able to sell it away in a year's time.

Z4 can get at about 2.5k to 3k for a much younger plate I think, but still scared if spare parts cannot find (I know how it feels like, I ride a Mito!), plus this bike oso plagued by some rumours, maybe hard to sell?

RS250 I saw one thread selling at 2.5k, FN plate I think, can't remember.. A little ex, whaddya guys think of it's resale? I know the spares are expensive too... :sian:

I guess if the G4 ain't problematic, at least not so difficult to get spares, and if got chance to resell in one year's time, it'd be the one I'm getting lah...

Man I hate Shitapore so much, have to wait for a K3 for one more year man...stupid stupid stupid stupid country...

I miss you baby:

*Disclaimer: Kaizer is an imaginary character and all posts are based on fiction.

G4 for $1.5k, you spend $1.5k to $2k to overhaul the bike, still cheaper than most CBR or ZXR. Some more if done by your personal trusted mech, confirm sui sui. You pay $3k for a ZXR or $4k+ for CBR still dunno what need to be serviced. In the end might spend well over $4k. Might as well do up a G4.

RXZ NSR150SP SV650 CBR400RR GSXR1000 FZ6S VFR800 CBR1000RR R1200GS

Galant ES 2.4A Civic Si 2.0A

erm... i tink shld change to 2A first instead of changing from 2B to class 2.. might not be able to take the sudden change in power, weight etc etc.....

so what if lose alot of money!!!!! better than losing more in the future right?!?:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

å¿

My nick is corner not b'cos i'm good at Cornering but b'cos i like to ride at one corner of the road...

Your name of Yibin has many sterling qualities but does not give you an overall stability. You do everything with an intensity to the point of fervour, and either you feel tremendous elation or you are in the depths of despair. People often disappoint you because you are idealistic and are apt to place those whom you admire on a pedestal. Then you become disillusioned when they fall short of your expectations. You are quick mentally and like to see things moving at an accelerated pace. Patience is not one of your virtues; you want to move when the impulse strikes you. While such spontaneity is fine at times, you must take account of conditions and employ careful analysis so as to avoid disastrous results such as accidents due to hasty actions. Most things you do, you do well, but as soon as the task, hobby, or job becomes familiar or routine, you are bored and crave a change.

Originally posted by FR3E@Apr 10 2004, 12:46 PM

kep ya mito la..

change to a cl2 easier right

bro ar.. diff leh.. gotta fork out 800+ for coe alone.. man.. kinda hard.. he has the same prob with mi.. riding mito.. coe ending.. mayb lan lan gotta change 2a asap.. im looking at pgm4 or rvf.. both ard the same value for fp plate.. the resale is high coz honda bike reliable.. now i buy fp platers 7k in 2yrs might b able to sell for 5k.. hopefully.. :sweat:

http://www.dreamgate.ne.jp/nsr/Gallery/repsol%20and%20regular250.jpg

Sticking to Honda's 2A sportsbike should be ideal....Reason's are they are much more reliable, affordable in terms of maintainance and parts, good resale value and is compromised btw power/performance and reliability. Just my 2 cents worth. :goodluck:

http://p1.bikepics.com/pics/2009/07/09/bikepics-1722149-full.jpg

If It Ain't Scary, It Ain't Fast Enough

Originally posted by corner@Apr 10 2004, 12:57 PM

erm... i tink shld change to 2A first instead of changing from 2B to class 2.. might not be able to take the sudden change in power, weight etc etc.....

so what if lose alot of money!!!!! better than losing more in the future right?!?:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

oh i wouldn't worry about me being able to handle a cl2 machine.. ;)

and no, im not trying to sound yaya or macam-real or stuff like that, i've got off-the-record experience for quite a long time already. :D

I miss you baby:

Originally posted by Aprilia_Y2K@Apr 10 2004, 12:58 PM

bro ar.. diff leh.. gotta fork out 800+ for coe alone.. man.. kinda hard.. he has the same prob with mi.. riding mito.. coe ending.. mayb lan lan gotta change 2a asap.. im looking at pgm4 or rvf.. both ard the same value for fp plate.. the resale is high coz honda bike reliable.. now i buy fp platers 7k in 2yrs might b able to sell for 5k.. hopefully.. :sweat:

Zac ah, I think you misinterpreted something.

if we wanna renew coe, it's not 851, it should be half of that, around 425 i guess. it's called the PQP or something like that.

i think there's also an option to renew for 5 years, but after that confirm have to scrap already, no choice to renew.

so there's still room for considering to keep our mitos bro, but still very unsure. the spare parts problem for our bikes is really eating into me man, bloody du lan sometimes..

not all G4 r problematic little whore..........(careful with ur languge )

haha wah lau i hope you don't find that offensive bro, it's kinda witty humour lah, like spin-city kinda humour..

anyway it's nice to hear feedback from you about how unproblematic a G4 can be, I hope more people can contribute.

And to all those whom have contributed, thanks a lot, I really appreciate it!

I miss you baby:

Ah, here it is:

By rxzster, from http://www.singaporebikes.com/forum/index....ic=37181&st=30&

Dude, if u want to renew COE the price is based on wat they call they Prevailing Quota Premium, PQP for short.

What this means tat the price is derived from the average of the last 3 mth's COE prices.

The PQP now is $247. But this will rise by the end of April cos of the new highs m/cycle COE prices are reaching.

So my take is tat COE prices will go up in the next few mths n because of tat the renewal price will go up too.

If yer COE expires in da next few mths u might want to consider whther now is a good time to renew or u want to wait n pray for it to start dropping.

But remember tat once yer COE expires and u have not renewed tat is it. It cannot be renewd anymore n vehicle must be scrapped.

Another alternative if the PQP escalates too much is to renew for just 5 years n the PQP will be halved. But then yer bike will have to be scrapped aftter the 5th year. No more renewals allowed.

COE Prices

I think we still have an option to keep the bike, I guess now it's time to think whether this bike is worth keeping. I do crazy stuff with this bike, like wheelies, rolling endos and burnouts, corners, and spare parts are not easy to come by, man, like what's happening to me NOW... still thinking if i'd be better off with a bike that has got more spares ready on hand...

I miss you baby:

So far the G4 looks promising, I wonder in a year's time, will there still be people who wanna buy a 2nd hand G4?

and G4 guys, how abundant are G4 spares, really? like just 3-4 shops (like mito), or readily available at any self-respecting motorshop?

and for example, how much does a 2nd hand front rim cost for a G4? :cheeky:

man, shitapore really should raise 2A to 600cc man..

I miss you baby:

Originally posted by redname@Apr 10 2004, 12:30 PM

u want resale value? don't go for sports bike

yah i'm open to road bikes too, just donno what bikes out there that can corner well and isn't a sportsbike! ;)

the only one i can think of is the Hornet250, but that's a 4-stroker, power almost the same as my mito, dowann ah... ;)

I miss you baby:

Originally posted by Aprilia_Y2K@Apr 10 2004, 12:58 PM

PGMIV got value ah? i tot PGMIV was worse off than the mito? in terms of spare parts, resale, etc etc.

but that's just what I *think*, never really looked into it though..

I miss you baby:

i think the problem people say about G4 is because of its age....any bike after some ageing will surely have problems...rite or not...but its a suzuki...its parts are cheaper than those continental bikes...just like people say mito problem bike...but there are still mito riders out there who are happy with their bikes rite?for me....i find the G4 very fine for me...cornering ability very good i must say because of ur posture.but when u first ride it...may be a bit uncomfortable laa...due to the posture...after a while....u will know how much u like the bike...i think the sound is louder compared to cbr though..

Originally posted by 168km/h@Apr 10 2004, 05:54 PM

can anyone tells me what the problem with G4????

I often heard that it is a problematic bike but nobody say where the problem with G4 .....rumors ...:nono: ...

common problems with G4 is the rusty tank, overflowing carb and cdi kaput...

wirings also but this occurs to all old bikes after years of piggybackin wires... spend a few hundred to strip and rewire if necessary... if u check the garage sales, u would see alot of people looking for gsxr forks.

http://www.picturesky.com/albums/userpics/11573/happyhalloween.jpg

Originally posted by tealeaf@Apr 10 2004, 07:27 PM

common problems with G4 is the rusty tank, overflowing carb and cdi kaput...

wirings also but this occurs to all old bikes after years of piggybackin wires... spend a few hundred to strip and rewire if necessary... if u check the garage sales, u would see alot of people looking for gsxr forks.

that is the same guy ......... his bike is being push over ..........:help: