SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Inspection - Enquiry & Advice

SuKiEyAkI

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does not make sense right ??? Firstly - ralliart_ray using a Phillip diamond vision bulb (some riders in this forum swear by Phillips, even if they are damm expensive) can fail then where is the standard ( LTA compliant ) to pass can be found. Unless he is using a cheap imitation or the light beam distorted.

HP: 93891138 :angel:

Originally posted by Huggable@Aug 27 2005, 11:11 AM

Yeah, headlight beam angle is a non-critical inspection item. But the inspection centre can chose to fail you bike if the bulb used is not LTA compliant.

So if headlight beam angle is a non-critical inspection criteria, then y test at all ?? There must be more to it than meets the eye !!!! :faint: :faint: :faint:

Just to clear the air... :confused:

Most vehicle tat go for inspection doesn't pass the headlight test. Same goes for bikes. Even if you buy a new car or bike straight out of the showroom and go for inspection, chances are you will still fail the headlight test. But tat does not mean you fail the test.

You can only fail the test if :

1. You are using white light bulb. (diamond vision included)

2. You are using HID

3. Your headlight is not working.

So guys, put back the original bulb ( light yellow colour ) before you go for inspection. :goodluck:

1995 Skipper, 1996 Aprilla, 1998 Steed,

1998 RVF, 1999 S4 ver S, 2001 Aprilla,

2003 Spec 1, 2006 Spark 135, 2007 Fazer 1 03,

2008 Spec 3, 2008 Fazer 1 05, 2009 Hayabusa

2010 Yamaha R1, 2010 Suzuki K6, 2011 FZ6S2

ed12772, still no make sense leiii I stated wrongly - ralliart_ray did use a light yellow colour bulb, but maybe he did not use the original Honda. BTW original Honda bulb is also the common Phillip clear lens Halogen not the more expensive type. :faint: :faint: :faint:

Guest quizesilver

sorry i thought white light is now allow according to the web site. http://www.onemotoring.com.sg/publish/onem..._headlamps.html

Qn: Are halogen bulbs that produce whiter light allowed?

Ans: Besides HID headlamps, halogen bulbs that produce whiter light are also allowed. These bulbs are designed to filter out the yellowish spectrum, hence emitting a whiter light that helps the motorists to see what's ahead at night.

However, vehicle owners are advised not to use bulbs that exceed the recommended wattage rating by the vehicle manufacturer. They should also ensure that headlamps are properly aligned after replacing the bulbs to prevent glare that might distract other road users.

Guest quizesilver
Originally posted by ed12772@Aug 27 2005, 03:41 PM

Just to clear the air... :confused:

Most vehicle tat go for inspection doesn't pass the headlight test. Same goes for bikes. Even if you buy a new car or bike straight out of the showroom and go for inspection, chances are you will still fail the headlight test. But tat does not mean you fail the test.

1. You are using white light bulb. (diamond vision included)

2. You are using HID

3. Your headlight is not working.

So guys, put back the original bulb ( light yellow colour ) before you go for inspection. :goodluck:

1. You are using white light bulb. (diamond vision included) >

2. You are using HID >

3. Your headlight is not working. >

Guest quizesilver

it fail as the angle of the light is not at the point of where it is suppose to be. if u notice it measure the light input to the sensor and it is fix there. why fail and they still allow is because they also lazy to change the adjustment of suit the bike dimension. that y end of day still pass even u fail the light test.

:)

Yes the failure is because the light beam is not in line to the height where the sensor is... they're more keen to see whether its working and no mods to it... dun think they care if ur angle beams at the car's rear view mirror lah...

I am The Great Cornholio!

And a Gringo...

I have no Bunghole...

if im not wrong.. with a valid insurance of more than 6mth, u can renew your road tax on the spot for a 6mth road tax.

if insurance is less than 6mth, u need to contact your insurance company and highlight to them that your road tax is going to due and need to extend your insurance for the road tax.

generally the insurance company can extend for you to the expiry of the new 6mth road tax with some pro-rated premiums.

:sweat:

as for your inspection notice if its due on the 25/9/05, u might 1 2 contact the inspection ctr if they can do the inspection for you without the letter of notice else ask if can get a duplicated notice.

:goodluck:

Hatred do not ever cease in this world by hating but by love.

This is an eternal truth...

Overcome anger by love.

Overcome evil by good.

Overcome the miser by giving.

Overcome the liar by truth.

http://ist1-1.filesor.com/pimpandhost.com/2/3/5/1/23516/s/H/k/S/sHkS/funny-gifs-better-world.gif

Originally posted by osiris@Aug 28 2005, 01:33 AM

if im not wrong.. with a valid insurance of more than 6mth, u can renew your road tax on the spot for a 6mth road tax.

if insurance is less than 6mth, u need to contact your insurance company and highlight to them that your road tax is going to due and need to extend your insurance for the road tax.

generally the insurance company can extend for you to the expiry of the new 6mth road tax with some pro-rated premiums.

:sweat:

as for your inspection notice if its due on the 25/9/05, u might 1 2 contact the inspection ctr if they can do the inspection for you without the letter of notice else ask if can get a duplicated notice.

:goodluck:

Thx. I just went there, paid the $$ then they conduct the inspection and after that I renewed my road tax... They didnt even ask to see anything except asking me to pay at the counter...

ヨシ*ラジャパン

Ride Safely as Always, my friends.

cool

:cheeky:

all settled..

:thumb:

Hatred do not ever cease in this world by hating but by love.

This is an eternal truth...

Overcome anger by love.

Overcome evil by good.

Overcome the miser by giving.

Overcome the liar by truth.

http://ist1-1.filesor.com/pimpandhost.com/2/3/5/1/23516/s/H/k/S/sHkS/funny-gifs-better-world.gif

LTA here,

You guys very troublesome. :nono: Fail you, you not happy, pass you, you also not happy. :angry: Just ride your bike lah..... :slapforehead:

1995 Skipper, 1996 Aprilla, 1998 Steed,

1998 RVF, 1999 S4 ver S, 2001 Aprilla,

2003 Spec 1, 2006 Spark 135, 2007 Fazer 1 03,

2008 Spec 3, 2008 Fazer 1 05, 2009 Hayabusa

2010 Yamaha R1, 2010 Suzuki K6, 2011 FZ6S2

Originally posted by ed12772@Aug 30 2005, 03:45 AM

LTA here,

You guys very troublesome. :nono: Fail you, you not happy, pass you, you also not happy. :angry: Just ride your bike lah..... :slapforehead:

:lol: :lol: :lol:

<span style=\'color:darkblue\'>It's always helpful to learn from your mistakes because then your mistakes seem worthwhile.

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/TLK24/TLK24-Siggy-HeroKampung-Edited2.jpg

<span style=\'color:darkblue\'>"... this is love... you keep looking for a better one, but when later you realise, you have already missed the person...." .

<span style=\'color:darkblue\'>" ... you look for one that is just nice, and you have faith and believe this is the best one you get.... this is marriage" .

http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/TLK24/Words%20Icon/76007bb9.gifhttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/TLK24/Words%20Icon/17aff7c9.gifhttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/TLK24/Words%20Icon/68643a58.gifhttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/TLK24/Words%20Icon/810edb40.gifhttp://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/TLK24/Words%20Icon/4ff56bea.gif

<span style=\'color:darkblue\'>In loving memory of fellow MSR - http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a396/TLK24/mantol27.jpg Mantol27

LTA here,

Heeeee Heeeee it is like tt 1 laaaa, just take it wif a pinch of humor.... loorrr I am going to install my HID and go for the test..............fail also never mind maaaa right ???? :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

Originally posted by limbat@Aug 30 2005, 09:16 AM

Heeeee Heeeee it is like tt 1 laaaa, just take it wif a pinch of humor.... loorrr I am going to install my HID and go for the test..............fail also never mind maaaa right ???? :lovestruck: :lovestruck: :lovestruck:

different.

install HID go for inspection fail the headlight test, confirm can't pass inspection because u have illegally modified your vehicle.

whereas use stock headlight assembly fail headlight test, still can pass inspection.

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.

LTA here,

Wei... LTA you ah... like that means install neon LED legal leh now ah hahahaha...

:sweat: :cheer:

I am The Great Cornholio!

And a Gringo...

I have no Bunghole...

neon light BOLEH!!

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

Originally posted by limbat@Aug 31 2005, 04:39 PM

Alamak.........White lights - 1 say cannot & - 1 say can ??? Suesaa laaa innitmachiam.......... :slapforehead: :slapforehead: :slapforehead:

some white light (halogen) can. some white light (hid) cannot.

quiksilver has given u the correct answer, answer direct quote from lta (one motoring).

War is Peace.

Freedom is Slavery.

Ignorance is Strength.