SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

BMW Motorcycles

Drawmer

Originally posted by SDR@Mar 17 2005, 04:08 PM

Guys, what do you think? Most of you, except PL and I are riding GS, will you switch to other BMW model (if you are allow to own only 1 bike)?

My current thinking is....it's either RT or no bike at all.

But that's for now. I used to dislike the new R1200RT. But the more photos of it are available, the more I look at it, I feel myself growing quite keen on it. So, who knows in future? GS? RC? S? :slurp:

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a140/pinglong/R1200RT_R1200GSA_top_back_on_back.jpg

Originally posted by PL@Mar 17 2005, 04:28 PM

My current thinking is....it's either RT or no bike at all.

But that's for now. I used to dislike the new R1200RT. But the more photos of it are available, the more I look at it, I feel myself growing quite keen on it. So, who knows in future? GS? RC? S? :slurp:

:deal: :deal: :deal: :deal: :deal:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v210/FazeGabes/MISC/R1200GSASignature.jpg

We must ADJUST to an Ever changing Road...while holding onto unchanging principles.... :angel:

Originally posted by SDR@Mar 16 2005, 05:27 PM

Hi everyone, i just came back fm Indonesia, was there to attend my father's funeral, long story, so shall not elaborate here.

GS for me? Unlikely, RT may b, as for S, getting sian now, purpose of getting 2nd bike is 4 touring & 2ups, saw many reviews tt it is not pillion friendly. So, will put on hold

GSGABES, wont b going to Cameron Highland, no spares, BC just ordered 2day, require at least 2 weeks to arrive. U guys enjoy.

Kopi @ Carmen 2nite still on or off, anyway, may drop by 2 c if u guys are there.

Condolences bro.....

From the way the situation goes, think we might not be able to see any new BMW bikes beside GS. Friends of mine, all non-bikers now (the last 1 just sold off his bike and sign up for a Suzuki Swift), all advised not to get the S, all advised to get a GS, they think GS has a better resale value and as BMW bike section success is due to GS, BMW most likely will concentrate more on their GS model than the rest of them. Further, they told me that if I want to stick to BMW bike, go for GS, as for touring, road or racing, try the Japanese or Italian bikes.

Guys, what do you think? Most of you, except PL and I are riding GS, will you switch to other BMW model (if you are allow to own only 1 bike)?

nope...GS onli~~:thumb:

glad u hav ur bike done up n ready for the trip gabes ;)

mine still pending alex is goin 2 open up my baby 2nite

juz now hand over my red monster baby liao...so sad`~~~:cry:

bfore go that time still on 1 more time hear the growl of the

vicious v4 engine`~~~~:weep:

Guest GS1200
Originally posted by tarzan666@Mar 17 2005, 03:33 PM

Pardon my ignorance...but wats the diff btw R1150RT /R1100RT..& tis K1200??

like no diff.....:confused:

Hello kawan, wat brings u here :smile:

I will answer your question with my limited knowledge:

RT1100 : smaller square headlamps

RT1150 : Wider headlamps

RT1100 : Clutch works on cable

RT1150 : Hydraulic Clutch

RT1100 : Hazard Light Switch on Instrument Panel

RT1150 : On Handlebar controls

RT1100 : Tink got only 5 gears :confused:

RT1150 : Tink got 6 gears :confused:

RT1100 : No integral ABS n Braking

RT1150 : Integral ABS for both Front n Back

RTs : Boxer

Ks : In line 4

That's all I know folks :cheeky:

Guest GS1200

From the way the situation goes, think we might not be able to see any new BMW bikes beside GS. Friends of mine, all non-bikers now (the last 1 just sold off his bike and sign up for a Suzuki Swift), all advised not to get the S, all advised to get a GS, they think GS has a better resale value and as BMW bike section success is due to GS, BMW most likely will concentrate more on their GS model than the rest of them. Further, they told me that if I want to stick to BMW bike, go for GS, as for touring, road or racing, try the Japanese or Italian bikes.

Well, for now while I m still YOUNG N STRONG :cheer: its only the GS :lovestruck:

But I would certainly like to have an RT after I 'PLAYED' with PL's Bertha that night :lol:

Originally posted by koma@Mar 17 2005, 07:23 PM

glad u hav ur bike done up n ready for the trip gabes ;)

mine still pending alex is goin 2 open up my baby 2nite

juz now hand over my red monster baby liao...so sad`~~~:cry:

bfore go that time still on 1 more time hear the growl of the

vicious v4 engine`~~~~:weep:

Yah man.. all done up.... So the reason why i went PML is purely becos of this factor :Time....

The bearings changed in 1.5hrs. :smile: :thumb:

We must ADJUST to an Ever changing Road...while holding onto unchanging principles.... :angel:

Originally posted by SDR@Mar 17 2005, 08:35 PM

You are a kind & good man :thumb:

In svc line, providing required A to C svc are never enough, good svc should b extended fm D to Z, possible after Z. Sadly, guess such mentality can only be found in Japan. How I wish my Jap Principals hv such tot, so my life & work will be alot easier. :cheeky:

Hehehe ok lah. For me I like things to be done fast and well. Dunno why my expectations so high.hahaha. Also i got to stop finding faults with my bike. Gonna throw in the towel and be less paranoid. Fail Fail lah....knn.. :faint: :cheeky:

But I must say ever since i got the bike. This morning, was the smoothest I've ever ridden. Slowly replacing all the neccessary stuff is a good thing. Instead of whacking immediately on Accessories.... now.....its time....:faint: :lovestruck:

Originally posted by SDR+Mar 17 2005, 01:11 PM-->
QUOTE (SDR @ Mar 17 2005, 01:11 PM)
Cyclop, need your advise on FJR, understand the heat on the oil tank is unbearable - like a hot iron, does a tank bra help? Any of your FJR kakis do anything to reduce the heat? Thanks.[/b]

GSGabes, GS1200 and I were just talking about this over breakfast this morning.....

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b193/KohTL/1098/signature.jpg

The years thunder by.

The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.

Before we know it, the tomb is sealed.

Where, then, lies the answer?

In choice. Which shall it be: bankruptcy of purse or bankruptcy of life?

- Sterling Haden, Voyage, 1976

Originally posted by SDR+Mar 17 2005, 04:08 PM-->
QUOTE (SDR @ Mar 17 2005, 04:08 PM)

[/b]

.........as BMW bike section success is due to GS, BMW most likely will concentrate more on their GS model than the rest of them.......

Agree :thumb: They build their bike department on the success of the GS. But I feel the new 1200RT will also come thru for them..... Its already generating a lot of excitment among reviewers, even those who traditionaly shunts them. The price will be the key, the strong Euro is not helping though.... 18-19K Euro..... easily translate to almost 50K Sing..... nasty o_O The rest like the ST is touch & go for me and the K1200R just might be the dark horse here, 167BHP naked bike..... don't think anybody, inclusive of the industry watchers saw that coming!! Shock & awe man.... more of a JDAM than a SCUD!!

The years thunder by.

The drams of youth grow dim where they lie caked in dust on the shelves of patience.

Originally posted by PL@Mar 17 2005, 04:28 PM

I guess some bikes just don't photo well..... like the Duc999..... me friend have one, looks good in the metal. For those who have seen the RT in person, they love it........ So PL, guess there's no escape then.....kekekeke :goodluck:

The years thunder by.

Originally posted by GSGabes@Mar 17 2005, 08:22 PM

Not like I'm totally praising them but for this case.... they did something right. :sian:

Maybe all the bad press that they're getting do help to wake them up a little.... they do have a reputation to live up, being a premium brand and all that...... imagine one of their board reads this forum..... will probably lift more than an eyebrow o_O But reputation is reinforced by the aftersales, they have gotta get their priority right :thumb:

The years thunder by.

Originally posted by SDR@Mar 17 2005, 10:35 PM

:thumb:

Ya man, a smooth running bike is more than anything u want.

Sadly, mine seem never smooth. :cry:

Time to relagate the Mystic to ceremonial duty bro....... :smile: Only to be dusted clean and put back to life when the sense of nostalgia hits you. But to use it for your regular grind..... a little sayang bro :cool:

The years thunder by.

Originally posted by GSGabes@Mar 17 2005, 09:57 PM

......Slowly replacing all the neccessary stuff is a good thing. Instead of whacking immediately on Accessories.... now.....its time....:faint: :lovestruck:

Love the original 1150GS ADV panniers, hoping that they will do a similar set for the 1200GS ADV..... :slurp: :slurp: :slurp:

The years thunder by.

Yo GS1200, me gave you the wrong info... :sorry: . Me bought this one:

http://www.motonation.com/assets/500/00000002.jpg

Here's the brochure:

Strada Tepor Evo

Strada=Street=comfort, fit and performance. Sidi’s “Strada te-por Evo” boot takes some of the key features from the all new B-One boot and packages them in a more subtle color scheme so the rider feels at home on the street or the expresso bar. High on protection, fit and comfort but unobtrusive in looks, Sidi’s “Strada te-por Evo”, a boot for everyday and every situation. Lined with Sidi’s exclusive te-por, a water repellant and breathable membrane that is specially made to work with Lorica, it features a soft, knitted and fully padded internal liner for maximum comfort against the riders skin. The “Strada te-por Evo” also offers a pre-formed shin protector with internal thousand-air cell memory foam padding that protects the tibia from impact shocks. The heel cup is molded from two different density plastics to allow improved sliding on the road while not taking away anything from the boots protection qualities, all wrapped with an outer that is constructed of Lorica synthetic leather. Closure is achieved with a ¾ length zipper and full length Velcro flap. A reflective panel above the heel is added for extra visibility. The “Strada te-por Evo” does not stop there. Deep inside the boot you will find a fully padded ankle protection system and a plastic innersole with a removable arch support. Details visible from the outside include a dual compound sole for maximum comfort and safety, inner and outer plastic ankle ball guards and a gear change pad molded of Dupont Techno-polymers, which ensures that its qualities, will not change in high or low temperatures.

The years thunder by.

Guest GS1200

Hehehe ok lah. For me I like things to be done fast and well. Dunno why my expectations so high.hahaha. Also i got to stop finding faults with my bike. Gonna throw in the towel and be less paranoid. Fail Fail lah....knn.. :faint: :cheeky:

But I must say ever since i got the bike. This morning, was the smoothest I've ever ridden. Slowly replacing all the neccessary stuff is a good thing. Instead of whacking immediately on Accessories.... now.....its time....:faint: :lovestruck:

Hey Gabes, its perfectly normal to have high expectations. In fact, I respect owners like u guys n especially SDR :thumb:

Despite the irritating fact tat now n then here spoil lah there leak lah, u do not give up n continue your efforts to ensure bike is in tip top condition. This is not only to your own safety but as well to other road users :thumb:

I have known of riders who scrimp on this n save on tat. At the end of the day when your brakes fail or u skidded on bald tires, u only got yourself to blame. Not only does it endanger yourself, u may oso be responsible for causing other accidents :giddy:

So..... at the end of the day.....yes, hard earned $ spent but at least we did our due diligence to ensure the best safety stds not only to ourselves but oso to other road users :thumb:

Guest GS1200
Originally posted by GSGabes@Mar 18 2005, 12:11 AM

I guess its time SDR get something new...... to get smoothness of an engine.:cheeky:

Hey SDR, itching oredi .... o_O

Hey guys any KY to spare :lol:

Originally posted by cyclop@Mar 18 2005, 12:30 AM

Maybe all the bad press that they're getting do help to wake them up a little.... they do have a reputation to live up, being a premium brand and all that...... imagine one of their board reads this forum..... will probably lift more than an eyebrow o_O But reputation is reinforced by the aftersales, they have gotta get their priority right :thumb:

Oh yes. They should read this thread. hehehhe.

Too early to say to judge for my experience with them. Like GS1200 prob use the same method to be nice to Kriss... and see whahahha.

Anyway, I saw another yellow GS1200 at Cecil Street parked behind the back lanes today...Guess what! there was a truck unloading ceramic tiles next to the bike.... so close to the bike!!! My god... one mistake thats it.....o_O

Originally posted by GS1200@Mar 18 2005, 01:23 AM

Hey Gabes, its perfectly normal to have high expectations. In fact, I respect owners like u guys n especially SDR :thumb:

Despite the irritating fact tat now n then here spoil lah there leak lah, u do not give up n continue your efforts to ensure bike is in tip top condition. This is not only to your own safety but as well to other road users :thumb:

I have known of riders who scrimp on this n save on tat. At the end of the day when your brakes fail or u skidded on bald tires, u only got yourself to blame. Not only does it endanger yourself, u may oso be responsible for causing other accidents :giddy:

So..... at the end of the day.....yes, hard earned $ spent but at least we did our due diligence to ensure the best safety stds not only to ourselves but oso to other road users :thumb:

Ooh ho ho.. thanks for the compliments... U are right. actually we all should keep our bikes tip top. It gives me a sense of satisfaction actually. As much as I would love to DIY most of the time..... having a fulltime job doesnt give us the luxury of time to do it, except Sundays. If we have like a winter break.... just like in Europe. Wooohoooo... with a service manual and some good tools. Thats it.. I'm gonna strip my chick..... :cheeky: ooops... a bit R(A). :lovestruck:

Yah lah... Scrimping and save is good & bad. But the Bad exceeds the good in a case of keeping ur machine in its best operating condition for safety and the inconvenience caused in the event of a breakdown when u ride up North. :sweat:

I am happy I sold a well-maintained Fazer to the new owner. Hope he appeciates it. :goodluck:

Originally posted by limpeiwah@Mar 18 2005, 02:38 AM

guys how much does a r1200gs cost?

I think it should be around the range of $40K-$42K. :sweat:

yah same here want to replace all the parts n get my baby up n runnin again ;)

Originally posted by SDR@Mar 18 2005, 10:47 AM

hmm, great RT supporter, but hope population of RT will maintain or increase. I refuse to follow the crowd, that's getting GS or the new 4 valves engine. Ended up waiting for spares (usually 2-4weeks) everytime she breaks down, P*L don't even bother to keep simple and essential parts like gaskets. After seven years, really abit sian liao. Think should get Super 4. Plenty of spares and good resale value. :cheer:

dun sell lar, its not sometin u c everyday rite ;)

btw gabes i wun be goin for cameroon trip liao my leg is in a cast :mad:

no its not a traffic accident, had a fall went to work thought is notin

last nite swollen n whole ankle was blue black went to hospital

take x-ray then c part of ankle bone fractured 11days mc till the 29th :cheer:

now gd time for me to read the GS "bible"(service manual) at hm liao :p