SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

difficulties of riding

revenge

hi all, going for my tp very soon and i am afraid i wont make it.first is the narrow plank, sumtimes i can do it very well and sumtimes i just fall for a reason which i do not know. second is the figure 8, i fell down the last time coz it was raining. can anyone advice me on how to clear the both of them especially figure 8 on wet weather, i am also afraid on pillioning others when i pass. i am not very stable is riding with pillion, please advice me can? thanks!

Looking at the ride tells everything about the rider

• Replies 12
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As the instructors always say and at times shout to us....

"EYE POINT....EYE POINT....LOOK AT THE DIRECTION WHERE U'RE GOIN....WHERE YOU LOOK IS WHERE THE BIKE WILL GO....EYE POINT EYE POINT...."

"LOOK AHEAD ....LOOK FAR....DNT LOOK DOWN....THAT'S WHERE U'LL FALL AND DO SUDDEN BRAKING...."

"BE SMOOTH WIF YOUR THROTTLE...DNT DO SUDDEN ACCELERATION...."

http://i180.photobucket.com/albums/x222/polabears/sideways.jpg

Originally posted by revenge@Dec 20 2006, 02:32 PM

hi all, going for my tp very soon and i am afraid i wont make it.first is the narrow plank, sumtimes i can do it very well and sumtimes i just fall for a reason which i do not know. second is the figure 8, i fell down the last time coz it was raining. can anyone advice me on how to clear the both of them especially figure 8 on wet weather, i am also afraid on pillioning others when i pass. i am not very stable is riding with pillion, please advice me can? thanks!

for plank, just look straight ahead..if u scared of falling, throttle more when going up the plank..it's better to get points rather than immediate failure..

For fig 8, if raining, do it slowly and don't brake hard..i went for my Tp last time and it's raining but i do the fig 8 just fine...

Last time i also scared to pillion ppl but now ok already..if u're not confident then don't pillion lor... :thumb: :goodluck:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b108/Ayirock/spankers/1234.png

Hi revenge which driving centre are U taking your TP from? Some tips from Man V.I & polabears are correct especially for plank. Fig 8 play use your rear brake & throttle control and don't use front brake.

Good Luck on Your TP. :cheeky:

http://img102.imageshack.us/img102/719/my1sthondamatchez0.jpg

Originally posted by Beb@Dec 20 2006, 06:18 PM

Please do lot of self practise before going for your TP.

LOVE YOUR SIGNATURE HAHAAHAHH!!!!

as for the post....well, listen to the instructors and practise, practise, practise!

Sep'04 - Nov'05 (1yr, 2mths): NSR150SP (FR2577Z)

Nov'05 - Dec'06 (1yr, 1mths): GSX400R (FJ6410L)

Dec'06 - Sep'08 (1yr, 9mths): CBR929RR (FS3851U)

Sep'08 - Mar'12 (3yr, 5mths): TA200 (FV4581B)

Mar'12 - ???????????????????: GL200R (FBE5662G)

try to go for more revision...

for plank, look up and look far. dun look at the plank, sure fall. for me, i try aimed at something straight ahead and go. play with clutch and a bit of rear brake. never use front brake. grip your tank with your knees, dun use them to balance. keep your elbows bent (NOT STRAIGHT) so that you can adjust easily to balance yourself.

for fig 8, control trottle and use rear brake only. eye contact with the direction that you are heading. dun be afraid to bend down (like corner), but still have to control. scared of falling on wet condition? go a bit slower ba... dun over use rear brake during wet condition, might skid.

as for pillion, what i did when i pass my 2B and 2A was impose the rule of no pillion for 1month or until at least you are comfortable in handling of your bike and the traffic. be sure to 'brief' your pillion (esp if they are first timers) of things such as not counter turning when you a turn etc. feels it's important for them to know.

lastly, good luck for your TP!

Hey.. I was just like you for the plank. I was wondering why sometimes I can do sui sui and some times I just fall. It's like inconsistent. Then I found that there are 3 important things to take note when doing the plank.

1) Look far, preferably to the end of the plank.

2) Always have a bit of throttle running. The times when I fell from the plank, I realised that I sped up when starting and close throttle. That's why bike drop.

3) With the combination of the bit of throttle to maintain the momentum, play with the rear brakes to slow down the bike on the plank. Throttle slightly more if you feel like dropping.

You'll do fine. Good luck!

For the certainty of death and the knowledge of life's fragility, makes it worth living.

do higher rev on throttle with more brakes to prevent engine whobble... thats the best advice i was given...

abit twunk technique lah...

'Il rettilineo è una tortura'

http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport0055cy6.gif ...... http://i274.photobucket.com/albums/jj279/refugeeforum/transport011.gif

hey for ur narrow plank

try lookin @ de pylon slalom..

aim ur eye point @ those straight cone infront or (de 1st cone) as a center guideline..

play wif ur handle bar..

i used to hv this inconsistent problem too..

hope it helps..

..Trials and Tribulations are Tests to shape ones path in Life..

..nobody plan to fail but many failed to plan..

..make e right mOve & u're made for Life..

for narrow plank try far .. dun look on the plank u will get point de ..

step

1. when goin up the plank jus throttle enough that ur bike is able to go up n plank n stable .. oso dun throttle 2 much .. n remain in half clutch

2. 2nd since ur bike is slow .. when u find that u nt stable or nt enough speed , throttle abit

3. control ur bike will n follow through the process

jus follow tis 3 step will do ..

if u can;t use the 1st pratice .. got another 1

1. throttle fast enough that ur bike is in plank n jus control the speed by stepping ur rear brake .

but i find this trick abit unstable ..

so it's ur choice to choose which u prefer ..