SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Naked Big bikes

Cicio

that is one of the reason im asking, maybe u guys more updated here can helpme out..

prefer an upright riding position(if possible).. to give a rough idea see picture below(snip frm web)

that was one of my ex-ride that i really liked.. small for a 750cc in its era but weighs a tonne(to me).. hehe

the closest that i can find now is yamaha's 1300cc(reasonably priced as well).. any other rides that i should look at?

much appreciated..

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6006/6020978559_bc8555c407_z.jpg

Yamaha 1300cc is air cooled. Good if you are not looking to tour much or go long distances. Not that its bad. Its just...you know...missing something but its the best looking naked of its class because the look of the bike is not spoiled by a huge radiator.

You want a do it all bike...well, the CB13 will be it. Classic looking but can to it all. they call it the UJM Universal Japanese motorcycle.

CB13 still looks ok with a box. (Thats mine) Still can squeeze through traffic easily. Fuel consumption may be higher than CB400 but same as CBR600RR. Handling is surprisingly more nimble than cb400. Tall bike. makes you feel top of the world. 20L tank can reach at least 340km. It Picks up like Speedy-Gonzalez haiya haiya ariba ariba...

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I suggest we meet this 27th aug at east coast , playground. Time 2000hrs.

We can park for free by carls jr area. And decide if to stay there have a drink or ride off to some place.

Wat say you guys?

can plan weekday instead? Hahahhaa anyway you post the meet up and see the response ba. i cannot comment or complaint wait later plan weekday then i cannot come then chiak lat haha

I suggest we meet this 27th aug at east coast , playground. Time 2000hrs.

We can park for free by carls jr area. And decide if to stay there have a drink or ride off to some place.

Wat say you guys?

can plan weekday instead? Hahahhaa anyway you post the meet up and see the response ba. i cannot comment or complaint wait later plan weekday then i cannot come then chiak lat haha

hi

whats the average insurance u guys paying nowadays?

for new or used ride & say for matured riders.. above or below 1k?

if i can recall sometime back, mine tpft was abt $500/600++ for 750/1200cc

thanks in advance

my second renewal for my 900cc was around 700+... for TPFT

Haha I currently riding the predecessor of CB1000R. Sadly its not as aggressive as its successor, kind of "budget" type of ride...

Though it doesn't comes with any of the modern cosmetic/"firepower" but its damn torquey bike!

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

hello, new guy with old bike here....xjr 1300

hello, "old guy with new bike.." sounds cooler right? haha

fuel injection? black or silver? which year/make is your ride?

where can i find a new xjr13 & how much will it set me back?

Japanese Standard "The Big Naked"

14019723412_fffe6b3e9c_n.jpg

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

my second renewal for my 900cc was around 700+... for TPFT

Haha I currently riding the predecessor of CB1000R. Sadly its not as aggressive as its successor, kind of "budget" type of ride...

Though it doesn't comes with any of the modern cosmetic/"firepower" but its damn torquey bike!

i didnt know cb come in 900cc flavor..

or am i missing something out, "budget" ride?

so 700+ is like the cheapest i hear from u guys here..

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

Yamaha 1300cc is air cooled. Good if you are not looking to tour much or go long distances. Not that its bad. Its just...you know...missing something but its the best looking naked of its class because the look of the bike is not spoiled by a huge radiator.

You want a do it all bike...well, the CB13 will be it. Classic looking but can to it all. they call it the UJM Universal Japanese motorcycle.

CB13 still looks ok with a box. (Thats mine) Still can squeeze through traffic easily. Fuel consumption may be higher than CB400 but same as CBR600RR. Handling is surprisingly more nimble than cb400. Tall bike. makes you feel top of the world. 20L tank can reach at least 340km. It Picks up like Speedy-Gonzalez haiya haiya ariba ariba...

u remind me of me.. except of course u are more speedy gonzalez la.. haha

thanks for the input.. same old questions frm me, hope not to bore u guys to much..

im aware of handa's better resale value thus command a higher market price, how much will a new or used cb set me back?

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

Well, upright position ... Nakeds should top yr list then ... Below r just my opinion ...

As for me, after riding a s4 for near 9 yrs (finally decided to upgrade) was looking purely for nakeds n these few r on the list.

Yamaha xj6 - nicely designed n fierce but a 600 ...

Yamaha F8 - everything quite well designed n improved from the predecessor FZ1N but lost the front sub adjustments n the exhaust not that sightly. Gd bhp too for a 800 ..

Honda CB1000r - suprised me dat they came out with something looking so diff from its predecessors ... Although the engine detuned a bit too much ...

My requirements:

1. Comfort for daily commute

2. Gd looking (stock)

3. More of low n mid range than high ends

I quite a Honda person actually, so far my hondas all served me well n satisfied my hungers ... Had tried my friend's Yamaha n Suzuki (400s) but they jus din touch my heart like a Honda did ... Like my s4, 1st n only owner for these yrs definitely shows its worth thus hoping for some gd yrs to come with the CB1000r ...

Hope this helps ... :)

hey thanks for the long reply, yes it sure broaden our naked category option..

let me have some time digesting & read up on the different rides you suggested above

what abt the suzuki's b-king, any comments? ride posture similar to hayabusa or more upright?

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

hello, new guy with old bike here....xjr 1300

xjr1300 is it the same as xjr400? *a very big looking bike

i didnt know cb come in 900cc flavor..

or am i missing something out, "budget" ride?

so 700+ is like the cheapest i hear from u guys here..

Yup it does came in 900 flavor too, I own a 2nd gen 900.

"budget" as in the overall setup of the vehicle, but looks very sporty...

still can go below 700+, cause my current NCD stand at 15% only...

bike is a machine without soul, rider would inject new life and character to this machine

Xiao Rou Yi Hao & "Colossal" 919

Sin Ming Editor got 1 DAY jailterm and $2000 fine for pillion death!

Rally Point: http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5322898#post5322898

F/X, are you nut into FujiXerox...haha

HL no more carry XJR, they claimed to promoting FZ now, but I believe we can see new XJR may be next year, as EU is a hot cake and strong in production.

Mine is 2006's spec with Cab and twin exhaust.

FJR 1300...

以德æœäºº...

Hi there,

If I'm not wrong, excel cycle still sells new XJR 13s, they listed the OTR price as $16k, not sure if there are any extra terms and conditions though.

Here's the link: http://www.excelcycle.com.sg/showroom_detail.php?id=620

Hope it helps.

BTW, a B-king feels pretty nifty too, well worth considering if you're in the market for a fun ride!

you got me! I can only think so, coz never see a xjr400 till now....

if it as Cb400, then the 1300 is much bigger

There shouldn't be too much of a size diff between the xjr4 n 13 cos I think the 4s r using the oversize frame of the big brother 13 ... Minus the engine ...

99 - 00 > Suzuki TXR150 Panther

00 - 02 > CBR400 L Model

02 - 11 > Super4 Spec II

11 - 13 > CB1000R Tricolor 2011

13 - .......

Time will come for the devil to rise again...

hey thanks for the long reply, yes it sure broaden our naked category option..

let me have some time digesting & read up on the different rides you suggested above

what abt the suzuki's b-king, any comments? ride posture similar to hayabusa or more upright?

Haya n Bking I'm not so sure abt them as I nvr really chk them out ...

For Bking, mag reviews say there's plenty of power but there's some restrictions at 5th n 6th gears ... Claimed bhp is 180+bhp but dyno-ed gave a max ard 160+bhp ... Overall not too bad except for the pillion arse bbq part ...

00 - 02 > CBR400 L Model

02 - 11 > Super4 Spec II

13 - .......

Haya n Bking I'm not so sure abt them as I nvr really chk them out ...

For Bking, mag reviews say there's plenty of power but there's some restrictions at 5th n 6th gears ... Claimed bhp is 180+bhp but dyno-ed gave a max ard 160+bhp ... Overall not too bad except for the pillion arse bbq part ...

haha.. what a coincidence, while going thru some pix & was like really staring hard at bk's as s part

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

There shouldn't be too much of a size diff between the xjr4 n 13 cos I think the 4s r using the oversize frame of the big brother 13 ... Minus the engine ...

i had the opportunity to see both 400 & 1300 side by side..

the difference is huge..huge..huge..muscles..muscles..mucho

not only the engine size.. its chassis height & length.. big difference!

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

Hi there,

If I'm not wrong, excel cycle still sells new XJR 13s, they listed the OTR price as $16k, not sure if there are any extra terms and conditions though.

Here's the link: http://www.excelcycle.com.sg/showroom_detail.php?id=620

Hope it helps.

BTW, a B-king feels pretty nifty too, well worth considering if you're in the market for a fun ride!

hey wicked thanks for the heads up, are u a b-king rider?

sometime back i did pay them a visit for another 750cc ride..

ok hope to check them out soon, the blue with white stripe look classic!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6181/6042951914_32658e6e91_b.jpg

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

F/X, are you nut into FujiXerox...haha

HL no more carry XJR, they claimed to promoting FZ now, but I believe we can see new XJR may be next year, as EU is a hot cake and strong in production.

Mine is 2006's spec with Cab and twin exhaust.

no lah, initial letter of my name + cant think of others.. hehe

really dig carb with twin exhaust! well, have to move on with technology right..

thats why, been trying to find time to read up on the upcoming production models

mind pm me insurance premium for year '06 & price u bought?(just for my reference..)

:=)

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

xjr1300 is it the same as xjr400? *a very big looking bike

Yup it does came in 900 flavor too, I own a 2nd gen 900.

"budget" as in the overall setup of the vehicle, but looks very sporty...

still can go below 700+, cause my current NCD stand at 15% only...

is this the correct model?

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6073/6042503149_723ce4d7e9_b.jpg

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6

haha.. what a coincidence, while going thru some pix & was like really staring hard at bk's as s part

Lol ... So prominently huge there ... If u r into mags, FastBikes is not bad ...

00 - 02 > CBR400 L Model

02 - 11 > Super4 Spec II

13 - .......

i had the opportunity to see both 400 & 1300 side by side..

the difference is huge..huge..huge..muscles..muscles..mucho

not only the engine size.. its chassis height & length.. big difference!

I think we really need to see both bikes side by side to tell how big is the big brother then ... Same goes to the CBs I think ... :)

00 - 02 > CBR400 L Model

02 - 11 > Super4 Spec II

13 - .......

hey wicked thanks for the heads up, are u a b-king rider?

sometime back i did pay them a visit for another 750cc ride..

ok hope to check them out soon, the blue with white stripe look classic!

http://farm7.static.flickr.com/6181/6042951914_32658e6e91_b.jpg

Yupe, I've got a B-king... Was trying to look for a hornet 900 but landed up with the King instead! Real fun ride, I'd say!

Yupe, I've got a B-king... Was trying to look for a hornet 900 but landed up with the King instead! Real fun ride, I'd say!

frm hornet to king!!? wth..thats a big jump..lol

ive always fancied suzies too..they have that added special "touch" to their rides..

how u manage to get around the "big as s"(no puns intended), a very disticnt feature..

the term "fun" is too subtle..more of a mean machine! complains frm your pillion(if any)?

by the way which insurance are you guys with? any tips/recommendations? comprehensive? tpft?

SMS 8 1 6 9 2 6 9 6