SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Varadero 125

Varadero_1984

hey varabros! i have something to ask u all, have u guys ever encounter this problem. when the bike tend to get hot, and when u want to move off the rpm will stay at 2 and its very hard to increase and when u let go the throttle the engine will stop? i've been facing this since the day i bought my bike and this thing is so troublesome when it happens during a jam or at a traffic light! pls help!

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey varabros! i have something to ask u all, have u guys ever encounter this problem. when the bike tend to get hot, and when u want to move off the rpm will stay at 2 and its very hard to increase and when u let go the throttle the engine will stop? i've been facing this since the day i bought my bike and this thing is so troublesome when it happens during a jam or at a traffic light! pls help!

Got happen to me once after changing to iridium spark plug got no problems....remember we got two sets of plugs the inner wan tens to 4get.....

Happen to me before.. Don't know what the real reason for that but decided to sent my vara for an overhaul. New piston, crankshaft etc. No prob after that. Btw i'm using a $6 NGK spark plug

Happen to me before.. Don't know what the real reason for that but decided to sent my vara for an overhaul. New piston, crankshaft etc. No prob after that. Btw i'm using a $6 NGK spark plug

obviously la u got no problems with $6 plugs. U spend hundreds on overhauling the bike.

I think u kena Tuwang wif the shop....btw which u go to service?

obviously la u got no problems with $6 plugs. U spend hundreds on overhauling the bike.

I think u kena Tuwang wif the shop....btw which u go to service?

Ya i think so also. They told me it's expensive cos it's a 4 stroke bike n twin engine. Meaning double of everything. Piston, crankshaft etc. Initially i tot it's the carburetor. But after servicing they told me carburetor ok. Meaning they have to check my engine. I asked how much but they keep on saying need to dismantle for them to noe the prob. After naked-ing my bike, they told me need to overhaul n it cost $1000. Wah! Almost half of my salary. I'm nt willing to part with that kind of money yet. I asked them i dont want n to fix it back. They told me if fixed back cost $350. Labour charge. Wah kinda of feeling cheated. So can't possibly fixed back n pay them $350 but my bike still spoil. Lan2 pay $1000 for overhaul.

The bike shop is in tamp industrial. Somewhere near dirtwheel. Forgotten the shop name.

How hot is hot? Not sure the dashboard indicator is the same, but on my v1 Vara I have never seen more than 5 lines on the temperature gauge.

guys out there.. have any plans tonight?? thinking of meeting up..

my first virgin meetup...

So sad tonight nobody org meetup...

I go watch movie le

* Honda Varadero XL125V2 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 08 * Honda Foresight FES250 * BMW F650GS K72 * Honda Super4 Revo CB400 NC42 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 12 * BMW R1200GS LC K50 *

Ya i think so also. They told me it's expensive cos it's a 4 stroke bike n twin engine. Meaning double of everything. Piston, crankshaft etc. Initially i tot it's the carburetor. But after servicing they told me carburetor ok. Meaning they have to check my engine. I asked how much but they keep on saying need to dismantle for them to noe the prob. After naked-ing my bike, they told me need to overhaul n it cost $1000. Wah! Almost half of my salary. I'm nt willing to part with that kind of money yet. I asked them i dont want n to fix it back. They told me if fixed back cost $350. Labour charge. Wah kinda of feeling cheated. So can't possibly fixed back n pay them $350 but my bike still spoil. Lan2 pay $1000 for overhaul.

The bike shop is in tamp industrial. Somewhere near dirtwheel. Forgotten the shop name.

hahaha never2 ever ever let the machanic strip of ur bike without u knowing wat problem wit it......dis way they chop off our head off....luckily for u they never said the bolts n nuts need to change(some rare ones can b EX ).......i think i know with shop but i not telling which one for me i go to SmL MAH @ dunlop st, they tell u frnakly but u must b frankly wif them also la

Any Topupz this week???

Aiyah... i didnt check the forum till now if not can ask all of you along ...I went in earlier for Top Up with Zoe & Bf , Candy & Sunyung ... :) Sorry Sorry .. Fatt, you organize for next week? :)

:: a NAKED B*I*K*E must be LOW-SLUNG , NARROW , FOWARD LEANING , FRONT SECTION must b HEAVY for easy SHIFTING ::

:: Class 2 - XRV ::

Should be the problem with the spark plugs. Try changing them and see if it helps! :thumb:

So sad tonight nobody org meetup...

I go watch movie le

Want to join winston and me for kulai this sun (tmr) night? :)

It's not how fast you ride, but how well you ride.

Byma bo jio!

Next week top up on friday can? So i can come. Hahahaha. ;)

:: Sorry! :) .. Next Week Fri or Sat ... you all decide? I should be fine on either days ..

:: a NAKED B*I*K*E must be LOW-SLUNG , NARROW , FOWARD LEANING , FRONT SECTION must b HEAVY for easy SHIFTING ::

:: Class 2 - XRV ::

I'm going now!!!!

Who wants to go.

Maybe dropby sutera see got big lanterns or not.

I will be at gp esso at 9.30

* Honda Varadero XL125V2 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 08 * Honda Foresight FES250 * BMW F650GS K72 * Honda Super4 Revo CB400 NC42 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 12 * BMW R1200GS LC K50 *