SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Varadero 125

Varadero_1984

• Replies 24.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey thanks for the offer. Will update you all if I can make it. Thanks.

On another note, may I know your sprocket size for your baby V please.

The bike I have as no pickup at all at first gear. Have to rev pretty hard to get it to budge.

Any good mechs you visit to service your bikes?

Edited by m0bIlEnErD

Hahaha just went seng kwang this afternoon........ Spent 460 for rack , plates n weld additional metal pcs for side stand ... Now I feel poor

wah bro.... u rich leh......

the amount u spent enuff to only make my bike move now :(

* Honda Varadero XL125V2 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 08 * Honda Foresight FES250 * BMW F650GS K72 * Honda Super4 Revo CB400 NC42 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 12 * BMW R1200GS LC K50 *

Hey thanks for the offer. Will update you all if I can make it. Thanks.

On another note, may I know your sprocket size for your baby V please.

The bike I have as no pickup at all at first gear. Have to rev pretty hard to get it to budge.

Any good mechs you visit to service your bikes?

try to go with the stock sprocket size... will give u good enuff pickup.

i think it's size 44....

* Honda Varadero XL125V2 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 08 * Honda Foresight FES250 * BMW F650GS K72 * Honda Super4 Revo CB400 NC42 * Yamaha Spark T135LC 12 * BMW R1200GS LC K50 *

wah bro.... u rich leh......

the amount u spent enuff to only make my bike move now :(

U mean ur bike still not. Moving ar?

16/feb/09 Pass tp

18/feb/09 sp150

daelim rwr....... come liao!!!!!!!!!

awaits S3..... :thumb:

S3 is here!!!!!!!!!!:cool:

Daystar is in... (scraped on 13/06/2012)

Varadero is here:

Aprilla Sports city 200

You can join us for our weekly top up session. Most probably it will be this friday night

Can make the outing after 11 pm.? Cause work till 11pm......... Haizzzzzzzzzz

16/feb/09 Pass tp

18/feb/09 sp150

Varadero is here:

Aprilla Sports city 200

With 14/42, do you feel the pick up is bad and there is no power band from 20km-40km/hr?

Vara doesnt have very good pick up. It is a high rev bike means u need to rev high to move off. With time u will get the ideal rev for ur bike to move off, pick up and etc.....no 2 bike is the same. I changed to 42 so that my engine doesnt feel so stressed at 100km/h. I travel 2 up usually with my junk in my topbox.

Vara is a bike that takes getting used to, but once u get the hang, it is enjoyable to ride.

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

Can fellow Vara riders share what kind of engine oil used on their bike and any remarks bout the Eo in general?

Im used SPC gold, Motul 300V and Belray.

Spc is crap, Motul is not really needed for our bike. The best for me is Belray....but i havent try other oils...

Care to share opinions fellow bros???

I want to see the world and i'm pretty sure the world wants to show a little something to me.

Can make the outing after 11 pm.? Cause work till 11pm......... Haizzzzzzzzzz

this all depends on the organiser. hahaha i just follow. =)

Also im using afam sprockets and its much much lighter than stock. definitely can feel the difference in the pick up and cruising speed.

Any varas here into fishing btw?

Vara doesnt have very good pick up. It is a high rev bike means u need to rev high to move off. With time u will get the ideal rev for ur bike to move off, pick up and etc.....no 2 bike is the same. I changed to 42 so that my engine doesnt feel so stressed at 100km/h. I travel 2 up usually with my junk in my topbox.

Vara is a bike that takes getting used to, but once u get the hang, it is enjoyable to ride.

That I have noticed immediately. Need to open the throttle to over 6k rpm to get anything out of it.

Most of the bikes I have ridden have a sweet spot at around 4k.

The only issue I have is from a standstill, even with revving to 6k it is still not really moving.

Thats why I want to find a mech or workshop that is familiar with the Vara to troubleshoot.

I have ridden very under powered bikes before like the Daelim Daystar 125 and Bajaj XCD. But they still move if you rev it hard enough. Maybe its the V-twin, maybe its my brain. Better to get someone who knows Vara to check.

Planning to keep this bike and renew COE so I want this in good condition.

That I have noticed immediately. Need to open the throttle to over 6k rpm to get anything out of it.

The only issue I have is from a standstill, even with revving to 6k it is still not really moving.

Thats why I want to find a mech or workshop that is familiar with the Vara to troubleshoot.

I have ridden very under powered bikes before like the Daelim Daystar 125 and Bajaj XCD. But they still move if you rev it hard enough. Maybe its the V-twin, maybe its my brain. Better to get someone who knows Vara to check.

Planning to keep this bike and renew COE so I want this in good condition.

i just did my carb tunning at sanfu motor, now the power is back....

running on 14/44 spockets

our vara is an under powered bike, i have finally learnt to get used to it...

unless you wanna re jetted your carb, change exhaust, mod your cat..

regards calvin

i just did my carb tunning at sanfu motor, now the power is back....

running on 14/44 spockets

our vara is an under powered bike, i have finally learnt to get used to it...

unless you wanna re jetted your carb, change exhaust, mod your cat..

regards calvin

i tried 13/44 spockets, improved abit in pick up but work the hell out of my engine when at highter speed...

6k sounds about normal. Hold the clutch fully until you reach 6k, then start releasing slowly. Best thing is to come to a meetup and compare with other varas, we are happy to test for you. :)

6k sounds about normal. Hold the clutch fully until you reach 6k, then start releasing slowly. Best thing is to come to a meetup and compare with other varas, we are happy to test for you. :)

Hey bro, how's the bag u got from moto world. .? I'm the guy at bike works talking to u.

16/feb/09 Pass tp

18/feb/09 sp150

Varadero is here:

Aprilla Sports city 200