SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Revision of Class 2 license system

mechwira

Originally posted by fishlipps@February 02, 2007 02:25 pm

hi thought I'd revive this topic. My suggestion is Class2b:up to 250cc,

Class2A: up to 500cc, Class2:500cc & above, Special "Learner" class : up to 125cc

(an option for total beginners, young riders, unconfident riders, or watever)

I think this the best solution esp with regards to the changing engine displacement options round the worldwide, also I think its a good mix of the various systems being used in other countries.

Cos I'm sure there are ppl who may not want to ride above 250cc (i'm one of them) or above 125cc even. Personally my dream bike is a 250cc and I dont wanna the hassle of taking class2A just to get one. Cheers and hope this proposal is finally accepted by LTA. I think in malaysia its this system ?:goodluck:

I feel that 2B should remain as it is =

However, for 2A, i feel that they should revise to =

Lastly Class 2 also should remain as is.

:smile:

De@th is Cert@in, Life is Not. Live life, ride s@fely.

2003 - Aprilia Extrema (FN649J) scrapped

2005 - TZM 150 (FP398Y) sold Dec '06

2005 - SP 150 (FT3783B) sold Oct '06

2006 - Wave S 125 (FU9094M) sold Jan '07

2006 - Aprilia RS250 (FP1807C) sold Nov '07

2006 - Hyper Vtec (FR6993D) sold Dec '07

2008 - CBR 150

2011 - GSXR K9 1000

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

any changes in e system?anyway i feel tat having to go back school to take cl2 really feel sux.especially e TP test.even e 2A test i took last yr was ordy sux enuff.however, i would say e lessons were adequate to make myself confortable to ride bigger cc bike.If cl2 can b obtained wthout TP test will b wonderful.

2005-2006 TA150 FR36XXL

2006-2006 CBR400 FL32XXE

2006-2007 CB400 PB1 FN18XXB

2007-2010 CITI ACE110 FZ38XXZ

http://hometown-art.aol.com/htp/clipart/entertainment_and_arts/Looney32Tunes/source/porky2.gif

Maybe they will limit 2B learners to 21? Ahaha..Coz when you're 21 you're of the legal age for anythin..Anywho when did they introduced the 2B..2A thingy? Which year exactly?

09/07/2009 - Passed 2B TP (10th attempt)

I have tried to see things from your point of view..But no matter how hard I try..Or what I do..I just can't get my head that far up my butt..

Since most of the bikes the is from japan, its better to have the same system as japan. Not only interms of licensing and inspection.

In japan bikes below 250cc dun need to go for inspection and taxs is low, thats why 249cc bikes is the most popular displacement.

And due to the decrease of COE release by LTA, COE prices has go up.

Just imagine buying a honda wave with a 1K plus coe!! May be LTA should scrap the COE system for small cc bikes.

There are recently reports of fatal motorcycle accidents. Giving the impression of riding motorcycle is dangerous. But i think is partly due to the increase in number of new cars on the road as well.

Above mention points is just my 2 cents worth of opinion.

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w221/tricker_juan/Tricker/DSC00476.jpg?t=1177510513

I Been riding her since 2005:angel:

Yup either class by Power (HP or N/m @ torque), or limit 2-Strokes at 2B level up to 200cc, 4 stroke up to 250cc.

class 2A up to 600cc maybe a bit difficult to go thru. If follow Malaysia style will be 2A up to 500cc... i know not many bike range of that capacity but still got some odd ones esp if american bikes they make in cubic inches.

However, if they do allow class 2A up to 600cc, definitely we will accept it. LOL

Its the special 'L' class that will do the trick . I propose below 21 yrs old 2b license, up to 125cc only, just to safeguard their limb till they old enuff :help:

then prob 2B can go up to 250cc

Motard Man >> MZ Motorradd << where can i get one ?

i dun think below 21 cant handle a 200cc bikes as well as those above 21 rite.if u limit to 125cc, wat r e range of bikes they can choose?cub kia?cg125?rxz?phantom or roadwin are nice bike but of cc larger than 125cc.they cant handle them?hmmm

2005-2006 TA150 FR36XXL

2006-2006 CBR400 FL32XXE

2006-2007 CB400 PB1 FN18XXB

2007-2010 CITI ACE110 FZ38XXZ

http://hometown-art.aol.com/htp/clipart/entertainment_and_arts/Looney32Tunes/source/porky2.gif

hi ok i tried to post on the other thread concerning class 2B only, but didnt get thru so here goes ...

ya below 21 CAN handle any bike up to 200cc, but proposing a 125cc restriction is only to preserve their limb cos they have less experience , & ALSO to enable older class 2B'ers to ride up to 250cc 4 stroke. Restriction on 2 stroke is as normal up to 200cc, cos of higher power.

Class2A up to 500cc (I think 600 too hard to push), cos there's still 450cc and 499 cc bikes.

I hope this issue will be one the foremost agenda for the new "SBA"

:cheer: :cheer:

Motard Man >> MZ Motorradd << where can i get one ?

• 3 weeks later...

My suggestion is to have only Class 2B and Class 2 license category.

Class 2B -

Class 2 - Any CC

Class 2 license can only get after 1 year of holding Class 2B. But within the first year of getting Class 2 license, can only ride

This is similar to the current system but with two TP tests instead of three. As what Mechwira stated previously, Class 2A only has a limited varitey of bikes to choose from.

This is the gist of my thoughts. Apologies for my poor English.

instead of class 2b being revised, i say that class 3 should be revised to prevent people from buying evo, rex, camry, cefiro, rx300 and such.. they should be driving cars at most an altis or an optra..

05.04 - 08.04: Honda Wave S (FV)

08.04 - 05.09: Honda Version S (FP)

09.08 - 08.10: Honda ESi 4dr (SBV)

04.11 - 02.12: Ducati 749 (FY)

05.09 - 07.14: Honda Wave X (FBD)

07.14 - 09.15: Yamaha Tmax 530 (FBH)

11.13 - 09.15: Honda City (SGA)

09.15 - Current: Honda Jazz (SKV)

• 4 months later...
and ban those below 155 cam from driving.. cant even look over the steering wheel.

if give them baby chair to sit, den the leg cannot step accelerator.

WTF!!!

wah u very mean leh.... the car seat can adjust one what.. dun need give them chair la.. just stand lor.. lol..

http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/8408/sigpic393221.jpg

ok. hope i dun come in and get flamed ah. wat i personally feel is that bringing up the 2a limit to 600cc would be good enough to safisfy most of the people in this arguement. there was an earlier suggesting the same thing too.

the reason i can think of is that a 600cc bike would satisfy alot of local bikers. we must have heard of ppl taking class 2 but going for a 600cc bike reason being more economical.

so in a sense, this kinda kills 2 birds wif one stone. mechwira's pt about 2a being obsolete would not be applicable if the 2a limit was raised.... and if for some reason, lets jus say "if", the govt really wants to curb the no of bikers on big bikes, then a 2a allowing 600cc bikes would do the trick.

people contended with a 600cc bike at hand= less likely to upgrade or maybe upgrade at a later stage.

driving centres then is then strictly to use only 400cc bikes for training. this would bridge the gap for the 600cc limit.

well this is jus my pt of view lar. hope i didn't offend anyone ah.. :smile:

actually i agree. if we must insist that a 2A bypasser simply cannot get on a liter class bike straight from 2B, then we must find a viable capacity in between. 600cc is definitely a viable option. raising the 2A limit to 600cc would once again make 2A a real option, and ppl will once again consider an interim bike before taking the liter class. its all about whether people are given a real option or not.

in fact, after further consideration, i think this might actually increase safety. like i said, the bypassing trend cannot be avoided. but this method might possibly curb direct 2B to liter class and once again encourage gradual upgrade via 600cc.

i know earlier i disagreed with raising the 2A limit to 600cc because i said the next jump from 600cc to 1000cc is not significantly different enough to warrant yet another class. i'd like to explain. for an experienced rider on a 600cc, i felt that he might not agree he needs to go yet another round of tests to jump to liter class. but if we feel that a much greater concern is on the 2B jump to liter class, then this is definitely the way to go. and perhaps the experienced rider i mentioned might also not have a case because in both current system and revised system, he would still be taking total 3 sets of tests to finally obtain class 2. hence, this type of change does not in actuality bring more inconvenience, which i think we should also avoid. we should not make one group of people convenient at the expense of another group, that would be pointless.

but we have to note that with this proposal, centers will now have to purchase 750/1000cc bikes as training bikes to meet Class 2, because the current 600cc bikes for class 2 would have been a capacity for class 2A. they will still have to get rid of either their 250/400, or their 600, else give trainees choice which they prefer, the same way class 2 trainees choose between 600cc or bigger in some centers. we'll need to discuss which of these is wisest.

so, we have:

1) optional 2A

2)class 2B and eligible for class 2 a year later

3)increase 2A to 600cc

I totally agree on this one..it would be better for them to increase 2A to 600cc as there would be more choice of bike to choose from. As it is, I felt that the $$ spent on taking 2A wld be a waste if i dun at least get to have the bike of my choice. Personally I dun intend to ride S4 and the only way for me to ride my dream bike which is R6, wld requires me to go all the way to Cl 2. kinda unfair as it is, class 2b doesnt hv that many choice of sportbikes to start off..so stick with wateva..same goes for 2A..den juz wait out...further more..all these cost time and $$$...and money dun grow on trees...so its seems like no choice juz have to lan lan go thru the 3 classes..

This isnt a problem for drivers, juz pass class 3...can drive any dream car liao....but wat abt those who never intend or have the passion to drive cars? does it mean these riders simply have to go thru the long and tiring process jus to achieve his/her dream?

restricting 2A to 400cc, i felt, isnt being very fair to riders...or at least to some1 like me.

well...juz my 0.01 cent worth anyway...

:cheers:

:dozed: