SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Honda Blackbird CBR1100 XX

Guest R1szuan

bro sure ah change heavier springs can make our bird faster ah.....i change my spring also my bike can go 210 km max only.....who siah came up with this idea of heavier springs makes the bike faster......damn

Yes agree, who said that change ur cluth spring will makes ur bike go faster, like for me after i've changed it, my bike tends to POP most of the time especially in gear 1 and 2....!:(

And yet the bike go slightly better than penyu, clock 211km/h...

Hmmmmm!

Cheers... !:angel:

1999-2001= KTM200

2001-2003=S4 version S

2003/02-2004/12=BlackBird

2004/12-2007/12=Rxz125

2007/12-2008/12=R1 04

2008/12-..........=Blackbird

Changing to stiffer springs will help to reduce clutch plates from "slipping" under hard accleration in first and 2nd gear. Theoritcally, the plates will grip to one another firmly and increase ur top-speed, but so far after changing my clutch springs on my previous bikes, i did not notice any increase in top speed. Definetly a must change for ppl who like to pop power wheelies.

99-01 > Mito 125, NSR 150

01-03 > Honda VFR 400 NC30, Aprillia RS250

03-05 > '02 YZF R1

05-07 > '05 Suzuki 600 K5, Wave 125, Nuovo 110

07-08 > '03 T-MAX [5GJ]

08-10 > '07 T-MAX [5VU], '08 T-Max [4B5], 08 R6

05-10 > DUCATI 749 Dark Mono

10-11 > CBR 1100XX, 2010 Busa

13-14 > RC51 SP2

14-16 > Ninja 400R, Z1000SX, MT09 Tracer

Changing to stiffer springs will help to reduce clutch plates from "slipping" under hard accleration in first and 2nd gear. Theoritcally, the plates will grip to one another firmly and increase ur top-speed, but so far after changing my clutch springs on my previous bikes, i did not notice any increase in top speed. Definetly a must change for ppl who like to pop power wheelies.

:cheeky::cheeky::cheeky:

Cheers....!:angel:

1999-2001= KTM200

2001-2003=S4 version S

2003/02-2004/12=BlackBird

2004/12-2007/12=Rxz125

2007/12-2008/12=R1 04

2008/12-..........=Blackbird

bro sure ah change heavier springs can make our bird faster ah.....i change my spring also my bike can go 210 km max only.....who siah came up with this idea of heavier springs makes the bike faster......damn

Yes agree, who said that change ur cluth spring will makes ur bike go faster, like for me after i've changed it, my bike tends to POP most of the time especially in gear 1 and 2....!:(

And yet the bike go slightly better than penyu, clock 211km/h...

Hmmmmm!

Cheers... !:angel:

:faint::faint::faint::faint::faint:

I got say meh stiffer spring makes ure bike go faster????

I said pick up is faster...(actually the guy who told us this said Overall faster)

Since we are in the topic of springs, our BB does not actually need stiffer springs run in stock condition.. Unless there is engine work or nitrous done (Engine work is NOT PC3 and straight thru pipes) u change to stiffer springs as the sudden surge in power will cause the stock springs to slip. If there is no extremem mods made, then what happens is like what Cagiva said.. the bike pulls Wheelies easier. Which Bluewitch confirms.....

It never aids top speed but aids in getting you to top speed faster... Two diffrent things

As for popping wheelies.. thats a diff story altogether.. In a track, it is totally useless unless ure taking the checkered flag with a huge advantage ahead. (think MotoGP.. seen anyone popping a wheelie at the start in purpose?????? or anyone popping one when the finish is close to the person behind?) Wheelies rob acceleration as both tyres are not on the ground thus eliminating maximum traction to go forward. Furthermore unplanned wheelies, altho nice to look at when not done properly screws ure dust covers wheel bearings and steering cones.

So if we decide to change our BB to stiffer springs... either we manage the cluthch to avoid those power wheelies or just use stock

When you realize that you are trapped and surrounded, you will become fearless.

When you have no way out, you will tap into your courage to stand firm.

When you have no choice, you will fight back with all you might.

~ Sun Tzu (11.33)

I said pick up is faster...(actually the guy who told us this said Overall faster)

Since we are in the topic of springs, our BB does not actually need stiffer springs run in stock condition.. Unless there is engine work or nitrous done (Engine work is NOT PC3 and straight thru pipes) u change to stiffer springs as the sudden surge in power will cause the stock springs to slip. If there is no extremem mods made, then what happens is like what Cagiva said.. the bike pulls Wheelies easier. Which Bluewitch confirms.....

It never aids top speed but aids in getting you to top speed faster... Two diffrent things

As for popping wheelies.. thats a diff story altogether.. In a track, it is totally useless unless ure taking the checkered flag with a huge advantage ahead. (think MotoGP.. seen anyone popping a wheelie at the start in purpose?????? or anyone popping one when the finish is close to the person behind?) Wheelies rob acceleration as both tyres are not on the ground thus eliminating maximum traction to go forward. Furthermore unplanned wheelies, altho nice to look at when not done properly screws ure dust covers wheel bearings and steering cones.

So if we decide to change our BB to stiffer springs... either we manage the cluthch to avoid those power wheelies or just use stock

Totally agree with you bro...:thumb:

btw Bro Bluejelly:- This 2nd September me going upz KL touch n Go...wanna follow?..Going up after work about 6pm at GP...

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"

:angel:BTW to all the new birdies

alot of times this place has alot of TCSS

Esp if its crap being spewed from snails. turtles and confused people

even the viet chief is full of crap

actually that includes just about everyone who has been here more than a year

try not to take the advise and jibs given too seriously

unless its a genuine problem most here are talking **** singing song

dont loose sleep over it.. the reason why most of the senior riders do this is becuase we would rather meet up have a kopi.. ride and showboat and TCSS summore

so the next time there is a meet up, try to come down for awile and at least have a seat.. ull be suprised how much cramps u get from all the nonsense talking

~ Sun Tzu (11.33)

because fasting month is coming

and most of u guys will be busy jalan rayaing after

can I have the approx confirmed dates that you guys wanna ride up for our long trip

Im thinking nif Sujak is coming, then it has to be during the hols

but thats when most old men are spending time with the kids as well

so we need to work something out... Im looking at a 5 day trip.. budget abt 400 to 500 depending what u wanna spend on

~ Sun Tzu (11.33)

Im missing my Nasi Lemk

Anyone up for Sat night?

11pm GP?

if less than 6 then maybe Seafood at the usual haunts

enter via woodlands....

Nasi Lemak = Leave brains at home

Seafood = can bring wife/gf/fb/fling/first date/

~ Sun Tzu (11.33)

simpang simpang simpang

tonight 9pm to latest 12mn

same place next to shell

i wanna eat indian rojak

Bro wak... pls dun fall asleep gain.... twice already... u make us worried bro esp whn u say ull reach in half hour the aft no call, no reply no sms no sound no picture

Edited by Confused

~ Sun Tzu (11.33)

how much does it cost to change the spring.. i wanna try ah....

Not that expensive lar! But dun expect that much diff in accleration . It makes a noticeable diff if ur springs are old (when i say old, i mean somewhere close to the range of 100 000km mileage or 7 -8 years old). And also, ur left hand will have to cope with extra effort due to the increase of stiffnes. Even though i'm using a RCS clutch pump, i must admit, the clutch is still a bit stiff to depress. I have always been using Orient Express springs all these years , felt comfortable with them so i never change to another brand. It cost me abt $80 from BikeTech21. However, there are also reputable brands like "Barnett", "STM" and "EBC" ... U can try out those too. Zesture is currrently on full set Barnett Clutch plates and springs. Great feedback so far!

03-05 > '02 YZF R1

07-08 > '03 T-MAX [5GJ]

13-14 > RC51 SP2

I never say u say changing to stiffer springs will make ones bike go faster lar, just wanna clear up the doubts of most rider thinking that way.

Getting ur front wheel to lift up during launch is definetly a NO NO like what u say. U lost out on accleration during the launch.

03-05 > '02 YZF R1

07-08 > '03 T-MAX [5GJ]

13-14 > RC51 SP2

simpang simpang simpang

tonight 9pm to latest 12mn

same place next to shell

i wanna eat indian rojak

Bro wak... pls dun fall asleep gain.... twice already... u make us worried bro esp whn u say ull reach in half hour the aft no call, no reply no sms no sound no picture

Last weekend, i dropped by there at abt 1am, cos i was east coast Burger King. Tot wanna meetup with Penyu to collect something. And Bro Sujak, u said u will wait till 3 am! Kaoz, u went home so early! :cheeky: Were u there?

03-05 > '02 YZF R1

07-08 > '03 T-MAX [5GJ]

13-14 > RC51 SP2

Wow...lotsa crapping going down here...well dat shows dat the BB riders are still alive and kicking.Watever the issues is..either bike improvement or relationship issue or popping the cherry for the very 1st time.lets meet up for coffee shall we....:)

My orgasm starts at 299km/h.....

Personal ride -

1st ride - TRZ 125

2nd ride - GSXR-K

3rd ride - CBR400RN

3rd ride - Super 4(S)

4th ride - R1

5th ride - CBRXX1100:thumb:

last night too last min! was at Marina Bay sands guys. missed another TCSS session.

anyway, for the clutch spring.. imho, stock spring is still the best for city/street riding... imagine needing to do half clutch on the stiffer spring..... it's quite siong..

however, highly recommend the RCS clutch pump.. something that will be on all my bikes from now on! n RCS brake pump if u intend to delink the brakes.

Okie Guys

TCSS aside:angel:

as per yesterday's discussion

SATURDAY SEAFOOD RUN!!!!!

We will meet at Shell immediately after Woodlands checkpoint

Timing will be 10.30pm.. (this is to facilitate prayers for Muslim bro)

Try not to be late as Halal seafood restaurants dont usually open so late

we then come back by GP for those with wrist arthritis:dot:

Got few places in mind.. we decide depending on actual turnout

confirmed attendence

1) Penyu

2) Sujak

3) Jabatracer

4) Confused

5) Varadero8211 (BB Killer) {You have been warned}

~ Sun Tzu (11.33)

Okie Guys

TCSS aside:angel:

we then come back by GP for those with wrist arthritis:dot:

Wahahahahahha!!! Nice one!!! :lol:

I'm not sure abt my work schedule yet! My sim card giving me problems yesterday evening, can't reply to Sujak msg! Sory bros!

03-05 > '02 YZF R1

07-08 > '03 T-MAX [5GJ]

13-14 > RC51 SP2

Wow...lotsa crapping going down here...well dat shows dat the BB riders are still alive and kicking.Watever the issues is..either bike improvement or relationship issue or popping the cherry for the very 1st time.lets meet up for coffee shall we....:)

Nice to meet you bro....Bro btw since your bike have laid up for soo long,i think its best if you drain the oil and put in new oil,cheap ones will do bro. Juz crank the engine a few times to let the oil pump push the oil up to the oil galleries..Reason why is the by products of burning petrol is abit nasty lah.

When ur bike is fully done up,ready to start,add some "Engine Flush",OWS or Motul..let it idle for 15mins rev the engine a few times and drain the oil. Change new oil filters too.

Dont forget to flush your brake fluid too bro,brake oil can withstand high temperature but it also attracts moisture,producing rust especially near master pump spool n springs,brake caliper pistons and housing,clutch slave piston and housing and not to forget all those valves,spools and return springs in the CBS system.

Sujak:- Bro i did as my senior who's an ex-car mechanic regarding the knock sensor error you've encountered. He told me it could be just moisture in the connector of the knock sensor giving the false error,when you leave your bike a few days later,the error disappeard,could be the moisture have evaporated.

I read in some forums saying that knock sensor abnormality can be caused by :-

1.Connector wire faults from sensor to ecm due to corrosion and wire failure.

2.Corrosion between sensor and its mating surface causing it to loose its sensativity.

I suspect its more of no 1 than 2...

Edited by JbAtRaCeR

http://sphotos-c.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/582610_512257702123995_1975741852_n.jpg

"Irreplaceable"

Got the FI light on... screwed... pls dry up and be nice......

Safe Riding For Life!

---------------------------------------------------

237Km/hr - 04/10/2008

270Km/hr - 12/10/2008

---------------------------------------------------

Honda SP150 - FR**58Y

Honda Super4 Spec II - FV**96C

Honda Blackbird - FU**99P

Sorry bro Sujak,

Tried to come down for BB meetup on Monday night straight from KL.

Left Kl at 12plus am reach Sg by 2am but felt too tired after the long weekend ride.

maybe next meetup bro!!

http://www.moto-station.com/ttesimages/motodivers/nouveautes2006/BMW_R1200GS_Adventure_acpz.jpg

1998 WR200 FR****M

2000 Hornet 250 FS****S

2007 Gilera SP FS****T

2007 Honda Super 4 Version S FQ****H

2008 Fazer 600S FZ****U

2009 CBR 1100XX Super Blackbird FZ***U

2011 BMW GS 1200 Adventure FBB****H

2013 Gilera VXR 200 FBB****H

Hi guys,

I'm thinking of doing a few things and wonder if anyone knows the price of the following:

1) Spray paint the entire bike, original single colour

2) Fix H&B boxes, along with racks

3) Change wiring harness

Thanks!

1)spray paint, can only get close to original, not original.

price varies around, 650 to 700+ depending on which shop. I got mine at around 700 from Yeow's motor.

2) H&B boxes.. rack for topbox only is 180. for side boxes, it might be up to 300-400. for sideboxes, its around 600 a pair, topbox, 380 to 500 depending on model. advise u to call mtechnik for accurate pricing though..

1)spray paint, can only get close to original, not original.

price varies around, 650 to 700+ depending on which shop. I got mine at around 700 from Yeow's motor.

2) H&B boxes.. rack for topbox only is 180. for side boxes, it might be up to 300-400. for sideboxes, its around 600 a pair, topbox, 380 to 500 depending on model. advise u to call mtechnik for accurate pricing though..

Thanks bro, very helpful.