SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

To all the members here,

I’m newbie from Kuala Lumpur and would like to know more about the GTS 200 (172cc) scooter. At this moment, I am riding the joyride 150cc for my past 3 years in Malaysia.

For the time being, one of the distributor had launched the GTS 200 in Malaysia and intends to find out more information pertaining to the tyre before purchase for this bike.

As I am aware, the stock tyre for GTS in SG is using the Michelin gold and Malaysia GTS is providing the Maxxis tyre which is bad for wet condition.

Can anyone here able to provide the following information based on your experience:

(i) Which tyre is better in term of grid and lasting(durable) if I intend to change the original tyre to Michelin gold OR Bridgestone BO3(front-13”) and BO2(rear-12”)

(ii) Any improvement in term of mileage and performance if we change to iridium spark plug for GTS

Thanks in advance.:)

Rode one before my current scoot, during that time, the tyres that came in default are from Maxxis. They lasted till around 12,000km only.

After which I changed to Bridgestone Hoops which is very good for dry condition road but not wet. What I understand about Michelin tyres is they're very good for both types of road condition.

As for spark plugs, no comments, maybe the current riders can help to input in this area...

I don't blame people who doesn't show courtesy, they just didn't get taught on how to do so.

the stock rollers wears out too fast for me. That was the reason why I'm using the Dr Pulleys.

Agree with ya based on what I've experienced, but does after market rollers wear out the variator? Cost of a variator set is definitely more expensive than the rollers... :D

I don't blame people who doesn't show courtesy, they just didn't get taught on how to do so.

Agree with ya based on what I've experienced, but does after market rollers wear out the variator? Cost of a variator set is definitely more expensive than the rollers... :D

couldnt agree more :cry:

SYM GTS 200 - 2005 - 2007

HONDA Varadero XL1000V - 2011 - 2013

the stock rollers wears out too fast for me. That was the reason why I'm using the Dr Pulleys.

yes, stock roller wear off very fast. so i change to pollini roller - but still wear off quite fast but better than stock. dunno is it due to riding pattern..i like to have fast move off.:(

To all the members here,

I’m newbie from Kuala Lumpur and would like to know more about the GTS 200 (172cc) scooter. At this moment, I am riding the joyride 150cc for my past 3 years in Malaysia.

For the time being, one of the distributor had launched the GTS 200 in Malaysia and intends to find out more information pertaining to the tyre before purchase for this bike.

As I am aware, the stock tyre for GTS in SG is using the Michelin gold and Malaysia GTS is providing the Maxxis tyre which is bad for wet condition.

Can anyone here able to provide the following information based on your experience:

(i) Which tyre is better in term of grid and lasting(durable) if I intend to change the original tyre to Michelin gold OR Bridgestone BO3(front-13”) and BO2(rear-12”)

(ii) Any improvement in term of mileage and performance if we change to iridium spark plug for GTS

Thanks in advance.:)

hi, welcome to the club.

2/3 months back and at another scooter forum - 2 member from the elegan forum malaysia was chatting with me regarding the gts 200. i think they will told that stock tyre is michelin gold... which is not correct. as what Recko mentioned is Maxxis. but unlike Recko stock tyre which last 12k , mine is still stock and mileage is 23K.

as for iridium plug.. i hv tried OWS which give better performances but i never monitored the FC.

To all my GTS200 bros... Where do you usually service your bike? I still got 2 free servicing at Mah but i thinking of changing... They like not very pro for sym bikes.....

Also, what can i change to lower my rpm and better FC? My rpm is idling at 7krpm when travelling at around 80km/hr... Like very high thats why eating my petrol.... Normal right...

I agree. But so far after 1 change of the Dr Pulley, the wear on the variator quite ok. It is expensive but the pro outweighs the cons. And this is strictly my experience only, I can't speak for others and other aftermarket rollers. :angel:

Let me give you a scenario.

Use original rollers and it wears out fast. Wear until kena metal core. Noob rider does not bother or don't even know. Metal core grinds on variator. Variator kaput. Wear is uneven. Variator ding a ling a ling.

Change variator... even better... mechanic will psycho the owner to change aftermarket variator. :cheeky:

Mechanic - 1, Noob rider - 0 :cheeky:

I agree. But so far after 1 change of the Dr Pulley, the wear on the variator quite ok. It is expensive but the pro outweighs the cons. And this is strictly my experience only, I can't speak for others and other aftermarket rollers. :angel:

Let me give you a scenario.

Use original rollers and it wears out fast. Wear until kena metal core. Noob rider does not bother or don't even know. Metal core grinds on variator. Variator kaput. Wear is uneven. Variator ding a ling a ling.

Change variator... even better... mechanic will psycho the owner to change aftermarket variator. :cheeky:

Mechanic - 1, Noob rider - 0 :cheeky:

I agree with you too... That's y it all depends on how the rider maintain the bike and how knowledgeable he/she is... :D

To all my GTS200 bros... Where do you usually service your bike? I still got 2 free servicing at Mah but i thinking of changing... They like not very pro for sym bikes.....

Also, what can i change to lower my rpm and better FC? My rpm is idling at 7krpm when travelling at around 80km/hr... Like very high thats why eating my petrol.... Normal right...

Anyone? Where do you all service ur gts.. Futurescootering? WYM good or not ah?

I agree with you too... That's y it all depends on how the rider maintain the bike and how knowledgeable he/she is... :D

i learn it the hard way :cry:

but i'm not complaining :lol:

SYM GTS 200 - 2005 - 2007

HONDA Varadero XL1000V - 2011 - 2013

sorry, but please enlighten me. SYM have more expensive parts than Gilera? any examples, like which parts?

and regular servicing is a MUST for all bikes, ain't it? and your "certain lucky moment" is?

i always believe if you keep a bike stock and ride within its comfortable operating range and service it regularly, it should serve you long and well enough.

You can keep your bike stock while repair. Up to you. I change to after market partts of Roller and Clutch bell. It serves me well better than stock. Seeing the parts wear out between stock and after market, stock have lousy quality material.

Some lucky moment include wear and tear within the engine head which cost me $600. Wear and tear simply can be seen clearly by me of errosion and crack of engine head. No after market part for this.

YOu all can simply check the cost of speed cable, brake pad for SYM and Gilera.. see how it cost.

Presently, i still keep my SYM as my spare bike. No shop in Bt Merah willing to take in my SYM. FY*7A. Very nice number somemmore.

Car:

Leisure driving and family outing

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Present FC: 11.03km/L

i always believe if you keep a bike stock and ride within its comfortable operating range and service it regularly, it should serve you long and well enough.

As again, aftermarket parts are better and hard to find. Dun believe me can waste your money on original parts. :sian:

Car:

Leisure driving and family outing

Kia Cerato/Auto/Sedan:

Present FC: 11.03km/L

I have a joyrider for 3 yrs, not bad. But as for parts wise compare to super4, it more expensive. It normal for repair to hit 600+ for the cover and fairing cos only one authorise dealer in singapore and of cos they monopolise the whole market.

Changing of EO from mineral to semi or full is ok. Let the engine get use to the EO. When engine used to certain grade of EO, sudden change of grade, engine piston and cylinder will not able to lubricate as before due to different in density. Try to use fully Syn/semi of the same brand all the way, this way, your FC will be constant thru out plus temp will be lower.

As for FC, GT at 25km/L and JR at 26.6km/L. Regular servicing for SYM is a must but for certain lucky moment, bike also need $$$ repair.

Compare to Gilera and SYM, both performance ard the same for all 4T auto gear at 176cc to 200cc. Just that SYM will have more expensive parts than Gilera, suzuki and other. Outlook is different, depend on individual.

For example, VXR latest model. After the warranty period over, mostly like we like to find outside garage for servicing and repair. The problem is that this model is too new and not many mechanic will know how to repair and service and they will ask for manual and etc. Will you give such kind of mechanic to youch your new bike?

IMHO, taihin or kenny's workshop at kallang is very pro and good. Me not advertising for them ok? Me just feel they can do a very good job for me. Clutch bell and some other parts, if warranty expire, please try to use none original, IMHO also cos i feel the 3rd party spare parts' material is alot better then original SYM. Origin of SYM parts is from Malaysia and China and taiwan while the 3rd party parts are from Italy and Germany which I trust more. :thumb:

:faint: my jaws dropped when i read this post.. i spend so many days reading from page 1.. thinking it's cheaper for me to own a sym rather than gilera..

anyway any1 selling their gts200? i suppose fighter a little new to have 2nd hand right..

Rat bike - A motorcycle not necessarily kept in pristine condition, often painted matt black. Minimal maintenance and mismatched parts often used.

Just to check with fellow gts200 riders.. Ijust did my 2nd servicing at XXX. Asked if can change to fully synthetic they say not advisable cos scooters not suitable.. Will eat the EO too fast if use FS EO. Is it true? So use FS better or semi?

Also anyone tried and tested which petrol gives the best petrol savings? Shell, Esso, Caltex or SPC? I've been using shell 98 for 2 months thinking should try ESSO 8000 see if FC gets better..

petronas premix 3... best FC so far. :lol:

Is this from SPC? haha.. my shell only last me 25km/l... Anyway after the 2nd service... came back found out that my exhaust pipe there the black main portion got a portion chip off, paint peel off.... Only bought 2 months... is it normal cos its so hot the paint will chip off? Mine is a piece of the black paint came off.. rear light also got a bulb fused... Only 2 months so many probs...