SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

ai yo ... just use cockpit shine .,. lasted more than a mth (park indoor with some riding in the rain)

dun scrimp on the spray, apply 2, 3 coats and rub it off HARD!

where selling cockpit shine har?

i cant seems to find them anywhere...

ps. those in mustafa are not really good

SYM GTS 200 - 2005 - 2007

HONDA Varadero XL1000V - 2011 - 2013

Hi all, I have an excellent condition April 2006 GTS250 Silver for sale with 48Liter top box. If anyone is interested to view or offer, please call 97822892. Asking S$4.8k negotiable. If you need a picture of the actual bike, pse send me an email to [email protected]. Similar look as the picture below of the GTS200 except with bigger and more powerful engine. Road tax till April 2008

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b249/xiaoalan/GTS200.jpg

Yo Yo YO .... bryantlin & the rest of sym Joyride & GTS riders!! going to SBF Anniversary on 29???? put your names inside the thread so that we can all meet up and ride down together as a group.... it will be FUN!!

come on bros!! Let's show them the power and unity of scooters!!

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166921&page=2

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/S1030017.jpg (Nite Mode)

http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s243/firestorm_33/Daymode-1.jpg(Day Mode)

Always Contactable at 92745438

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showthread.php/305719-lt-CMO-gt-Mobile-Grooming-for-your-bike-at-your-place-)

• 1 month later...

Just bought a SYM last week.

Am trying to read up on the SYM scooter here but could not find any articles here.

Can someone help to point me to the right place ?

Cheers

Jan 2008 - Present : SYM Joyride 200 Black

Feb 2006 - Sep 2007 : Gillera Runner 180 Metalic Orange

Hello gts200-sians. Hi, im looking for a maxi scoote and chance upon by this baby gts 200. i admit i didnt read up all 76 pages of this forum but i just did the important info - maintenance and performance.

maintenance: someone mention that the parts are much more expensive than piaggio and someone else says the opposite. can anyone enlighten me on that?

performance: well, read that with comparison to x8,x9evo that gts200 lose out bcoz of the engine capacity. but question is, is it sluggish especially riding w pillion. this is important as myself is rather big sized haha coupled with the usual pillion riding.

price: roughly whats the market rate now for a 2nd/3rd/4th...for gts200?

thanks all

*ps anyone here wanna letgo?

• 2 weeks later...

Just to update you guys about this bike.

I collected my GTS200 last 18 July. Till now rode more then 13,000km within 6 months. I am on my second tyre now. Brake-pads going to change soon.

1 broken nut that connecting the rear wheel to body. Maybe due to vibrations.

1 puncture tyre. Due to Long hours riding & over a small wooden stick. Heat related problem I think.

1 broken front Disc. Due to forgot to unlock disc bake lock.

1 broken Left mirror. It's totally my fault. Sharp 5 meter radius cornering at 85km/hr is no no. I have in place fog-light in that mirror position. It's Perfect!!

Fuel guage is not accurate. For me, every 270km I pump RM$20 (9.3 litres) shell. You can work out the average comsumption.

Speedo is slightly off, consider within normal acceptance value. Actual bike speed is slower then Speedo shows. I use an GPS to guage.

I stay at 6200RPM usually.

So for long traveling be careful of VIBRATIONs & HEAT that works into the bike. REMEMBER that Gear Oil. Change it.

I notice difference in start-up idling speed. Usually it's between 1900~2000RPM. Some morning its above 2000RPM. Maybe due to temperature.

I did push this bike A LOT. Traveling from Singapore to Penang at 100~110km/hr for 10 full hours. Only 5 stops for makan, toilet, drinks & petrol. Covering about 780km within 10hours. Fully stock model of GTS200. I had run petrol till 320km & pump 11.63 litres of Shell. It brings me thru SUPER heavy downpour. Less then 30 meters visibilities.

I am having fun with this bike. THIS BIKE IS A KEEPER.

Is installing Radio on this bike a good idea?[/size]

the new 'news' is Recko is riding the majestic 250

You are still the same, always like to off topic... My post is to tell the rest there's a new GTS model in town, click on the link I've provided lah... :dozed:

I don't blame people who doesn't show courtesy, they just didn't get taught on how to do so.

Just to update you guys about this bike.

I collected my GTS200 last 18 July. Till now rode more then 13,000km within 6 months. I am on my second tyre now. Brake-pads going to change soon.

1 broken nut that connecting the rear wheel to body. Maybe due to vibrations.

1 puncture tyre. Due to Long hours riding & over a small wooden stick. Heat related problem I think.

1 broken front Disc. Due to forgot to unlock disc bake lock.

1 broken Left mirror. It's totally my fault. Sharp 5 meter radius cornering at 85km/hr is no no. I have in place fog-light in that mirror position. It's Perfect!!

Fuel guage is not accurate. For me, every 270km I pump RM$20 (9.3 litres) shell. You can work out the average comsumption.

Speedo is slightly off, consider within normal acceptance value. Actual bike speed is slower then Speedo shows. I use an GPS to guage.

I stay at 6200RPM usually.

So for long traveling be careful of VIBRATIONs & HEAT that works into the bike. REMEMBER that Gear Oil. Change it.

I notice difference in start-up idling speed. Usually it's between 1900~2000RPM. Some morning its above 2000RPM. Maybe due to temperature.

I did push this bike A LOT. Traveling from Singapore to Penang at 100~110km/hr for 10 full hours. Only 5 stops for makan, toilet, drinks & petrol. Covering about 780km within 10hours. Fully stock model of GTS200. I had run petrol till 320km & pump 11.63 litres of Shell. It brings me thru SUPER heavy downpour. Less then 30 meters visibilities.

I am having fun with this bike. THIS BIKE IS A KEEPER.

Is installing Radio on this bike a good idea?[/size]

fuwah! Thanks for updating your xp. I too feel satisfied with your updates. Sg - penang, what were you thinking? but really its a piece of info for this bike.

anyway, for all bros here, actually im pretty much in a fix whether to get gts200 or x8. i mean ive riden the x8 b4 and i know how reliable it is - comfort, power and $ (big) to maintain it.

but after reading bro gentaro's info (personel opinion) w regards to spare parts and machine reliability, it really gives some important points to think of b4 signing for this bike tho...i mean tot this bike might save some money on maintenance and i dont have to worrry on materials defects and life span.

well hope anyone can share some light here.

You are still the same, always like to off topic... My post is to tell the rest there's a new GTS model in town, click on the link I've provided lah... :dozed:

eh the new model looks similiar to GTS200 leh, with the exception of the backrest and the seat open switch

SYM GTS 200 - 2005 - 2007

HONDA Varadero XL1000V - 2011 - 2013

looks exactly the same as the 200 cept for the exhaust, transmission cover(no kickstart for obvious reasons), signal light on mirror, seat button and pillion seat rest. 250i stands for fuel injection?

thought i read on TAG a few years back reviewing the Sym Voyager with fuel injection.

in any case the 250 seems much more powerful compared to the 200. 12L is sufficient for the 200. I'm running around 330 full tank.

No offense caused, no worries... Like I said, I'm only sharing info around... :D

I don't blame people who doesn't show courtesy, they just didn't get taught on how to do so.

bro, appreciate your info... hows life on a majasty?

Better than my previous GTS, that's of course... not as powerful as my previous SW, lagi of course!!! But I can say, it's still a fun bike like what I had before... :thumb: