SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF SYM Cafe 2007

gentoro

Hi, anybody know what is the price to change the roller and belting for my SYM GTS? Just bought it from the first owner and the owner haven't change the roller and belting. since the mileage is already 24k, i think is time to change both, am i correct?

manual say change every 12k if not mistaken.

full servicing @futurescootering (taken frm website. old price....dunno still valid or not)

1. Original Belt

2. Rollers

3. U-chip

4. Maxima engine oil 5w 40

5. Gear oil

6. Spark plug

7. Cleaning Transmission

8. Workmanship

Total cost @ ONLY $150

• Replies 4.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks, today just went down to the shop opposite futurescootering to do the servicing. Had change the roller to Dr.Pulley. Noticed the change of the pickup, like it very much. Thanks cutegigi for your advice.

sure thing. no problem :)

welcome to the family.

hope you like your ride :)

noticed more gts200 on the road lately hehe....

any guys know where to service it in the west, lazy to go until FS ( although i have menber keke)

Going to change belt, rollers and engine oil ,top up gear oil.

TZR 125 - Feb 2002 to Mar 2002

KR 150 - Mar 2002 to Feb 2003

CG 125 - Feb 2003 to Mar 2003

GSXR 400 MSP - Mar 2003 to Jun 2004

R1 2001 - Jun 2004 to Jun 2006

X1 Supreme -Jun 2006 - July 2007

SYM GTS200 - July 2007 - Dec 2008

Toyota Vios MSM mobbed - Mar 2007 - Present

Spark 135 - Dec 2008 - Present

Team Brother Bike

Despite it lack of power, I still enjoy riding the bike to go around places to places. I need to buy a new helmet, any recommendation of which shop to buy?

that has to depend on what kind of helmet you are looking for. For myself, i'm using Nolan full face flip up helmet. Cost that time was 330. There quite a bit of helmet shops ard LAB area. Maybe you should go visit these shops to look for one that suit your needs?

SYM GTS 200 - 2005 - 2007

HONDA Varadero XL1000V - 2011 - 2013

Need help, where is the spark plug for SYM GTS? Motor got jam in the traffic, believed the spark plug was burn... anybody can tell me?

its located on the left side foot rest area. There is a plastic picece just above the foot rest. Once u remove it, you will be able to find the spark plug location. cheers

bros i need some genuine advise/comments on the bike Sym Fighter 150 as i intend to get this model.

Thanx!

********************************************************************************

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Pizzaboy_Siggy.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

www.pizzahut.com.sg

can recommend ewhere to change belt

n cheapest

future scootering or the neighbour there ?

not sure bout the price.

i remember some bro give advice better to use original belt. Got somebody use after market one very fast broke down already....

Personally I went to the shop direct opposite future scootering. The mechanic very skillfull and comparable price with future scootering and they service you very fast, no need to wait. I change the roller to Dr.Pulley but use back the original belt.

sorry, i got to admit i never read thru the previous pages, cos i need to make a fast decision, exam period now, so no time to read, bros here pls kindly enlighten me. TIA

Qn 1: Is SYM GTS 200 the same as SYM Joyride 200?

Qn 2: Wats the fuel consumption like?

Qn 3: Maintainence wise? Costly? eg EO, belt (how often is it change 10000km?)

Qn 4: Wat to look out ,when buyin , for Joyride other than the exhaust?

Really appreciate any help i can get. Thanks.

~Against all Odds~

sorry, i got to admit i never read thru the previous pages, cos i need to make a fast decision, exam period now, so no time to read, bros here pls kindly enlighten me. TIA

Ans: I found out they are not the same? Whr the main diff lies? fuel ? speed? maintainence??

help needed. haha

~Against all Odds~

im here...

but have no idea abt joyride. so i keep quite lor :p

ne way, anyone done any mod to improve performance of gts200?

mine have pollini speed control installed (by previous owner, recko, so i can not comment how was it compared with stock).

@symroz:

me want to upgrade, but need to pass 2A+save money first hahaha. can wait or not ?? :p

hi every1, i m a new gts owner, can any1 help me wif d below problems,

1) how do disconnect d side stand switch so i can start d engine wif d side stand on?

2) my rpm hit red when clock 80km/hr only, is there something wrong wif d bike? so far my mil is 24k n i change d belt at 15k.

any1 wif d info pls help me, thanks.

hi every1, i m a new gts owner, can any1 help me wif d below problems,

1) how do disconnect d side stand switch so i can start d engine wif d side stand on?

2) my rpm hit red when clock 80km/hr only, is there something wrong wif d bike? so far my mil is 24k n i change d belt at 15k.

any1 wif d info pls help me, thanks.

1) i think this is out of my knowledge le. check with your mech

2) have you changed your rollers? Base on my understanding, worn out rollers can result in higher than normal RPM.

well, i'm not an expert on Joyride but do ride a GTS so here goes

1) GTS 200 and Joyride 200 are using the same engine i think. But body is diff. Joyride more sleek.

2) for GTS, i'm getting ard 26-30 km/l with pollini variator and clutch. Joyride should be better due to lighter weight

3) EO is ard 800cc, so depends on what EO u use. EO is recommended to change every 3000km, belt at abt 12000 km

4) not too sure on this

joyride rider reporting...the GTS 200 is the newer version of the Joyride. the engine is practically the same just the difference in design.

i can get ard 27-28 km/l for my joyride.

basically, its a cheap and reliable scooter!

my only gripe is the small fuel tank (only 8.5l)

1) i think this is out of my knowledge le. check with your mech

2) have you changed your rollers? Base on my understanding, worn out rollers can result in higher than normal RPM.

thanks 4 d info pal, will check it out at tai hin 2 dismantle n see d rollers.

bros i need some advise/comments on the bike Sym Fighter 150 as i intend to get this model. Anyone riding this this here?

Thanx!

********************************************************************************

http://i570.photobucket.com/albums/ss143/godsendworx/mesh/supporters/Pizzaboy_Siggy.jpg

__________________________________________________________________________________________

www.pizzahut.com.sg

thanks 4 d info pal, will check it out at tai hin 2 dismantle n see d rollers.

dunno if thats the problem. do post here for other GTS riders info.

Cheers