Jump to content
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

    Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

    Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website such as:

    • Forums
    • Blogs
    • Picture/Video Gallery
    • Motorcycle Clubs
    • Event Calendar
    • and many more!

    Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

    Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

SBF X9 Cafe 2008 - Amalfi/Evo


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Originally posted by Satgi@January 09, 2007 10:32 am

Bro, u refering to tis? its a fast and low cost repair but will not last long.

:cheeky:

 

http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h187/jackyeng/threadtool.jpg

Hi Satgi, how much would it cost for such a repair to be done using this tool? I am looking for a cheap and quick fix as I am too broke to afford to replace the entire engine block. :sian:

Life is about the freedom of choice

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by edwinT@January 11, 2007 07:16 pm

hahaha... dun wanna curse you but SURE SPOIL ONE!

eh...thanks leh :sian:

 

but i mentally-prepared liao :sweat:

http://img89.imageshack.us/img89/4534/scootlogo1oo7.th.jpghttp://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t50/who_noe/Untitled-Stitched-151.jpg

SSOG(SBF Scooter Owner Group)since june 2003

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ah ray@January 11, 2007 11:41 pm

how to know if these are faulty? what are the sign to look out for?

For Coil im not sure...But for water pump, If u notice in sudden of increase in temp. Yr water pump leak, yr coolant water not hot.:smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites

ya~ i heard riding x9 will hav 2 keep monitor the air coolant... what do you guys normally pour to cool the air coolant down ah? i saw some ppl cool down using tap water... or this coolant water from shop but muz mix with water... and about how long the journey muz monitor the coolant?

http://coastline.chu.jp/Resources/zxr400.jpg

Be cool, Be smart... Be your Yourself!

Regardless the bike model/brand. No matter how good/fast the bike is. Without skills the bike is nothing.

Money is'nt everything, but without money, you're just nothing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Simmz@January 12, 2007 12:25 am

ya~ i heard riding x9 will hav 2 keep monitor the air coolant... what do you guys normally pour to cool the air coolant down ah? i saw some ppl cool down using tap water... or this coolant water from shop but muz mix with water... and about how long the journey muz monitor the coolant?

Dont use normal water from tap...This will rust yr radiator...Use onli battery water to top up...Im using engine ice...

 

Some coolant must mix with distill water but is easier if u buy those mix already, like castrol, engine ice etc...:smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites

i see~ how much does one cost? like for example the one u mention~ the one which mix already~ n the engine cool 1...

http://coastline.chu.jp/Resources/zxr400.jpg

Be cool, Be smart... Be your Yourself!

Regardless the bike model/brand. No matter how good/fast the bike is. Without skills the bike is nothing.

Money is'nt everything, but without money, you're just nothing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mtyw8888@January 12, 2007 12:13 am

Yr water pump leak, yr coolant water not hot.:smile:

how would you know if the coolant water is hot ?:smile:

ride safe today,ride again tomorrow

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ah ray@January 12, 2007 02:59 am

how would you know if the coolant water is hot ?:smile:

Im no expert here huh...:smile: Just sharing what i have been going through....:cheeky:

 

Ok...Once yr water pump is not working yr Coolant will not be hot...U can open yr coolant to feel the liquid...

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Simmz@January 12, 2007 01:17 am

i see~ how much does one cost? like for example the one u mention~ the one which mix already~ n the engine cool 1...

The castrol mixture is around $5/- per bottle 500ml each...Meaning u have to use 3 bottles..

 

And the Engine Ice mixture if im not wrong is around $30+ not more then $40/- , 1.8+Litre. U only need to use 1 bottle for this and u still got balance...

 

But for my suggestion is best to use Good Coolant if u r always caught in the jam...:smile:

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by ah ray@January 12, 2007 02:59 am

how would you know if the coolant water is hot ?:smile:

you can install the meter to monitor... i saw my fren install one...

http://coastline.chu.jp/Resources/zxr400.jpg

Be cool, Be smart... Be your Yourself!

Regardless the bike model/brand. No matter how good/fast the bike is. Without skills the bike is nothing.

Money is'nt everything, but without money, you're just nothing!

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by mtyw8888@January 12, 2007 03:15 am

The castrol mixture is around $5/- per bottle 500ml each...Meaning u have to use 3 bottles..

 

And the Engine Ice mixture if im not wrong is around $30+ not more then $40/- , 1.8+Litre. U only need to use 1 bottle for this and u still got balance...

 

But for my suggestion is best to use Good Coolant if u r always caught in the jam...:smile:

oh... hmmm~ but normally how long will the coolant water last... say if i yesterday just filled up the whole coolant with the coolant water already... how long will it last? or it depends in how u ride one? sorry i'm noob in this... need enlightments... :cheeky:

http://coastline.chu.jp/Resources/zxr400.jpg

Be cool, Be smart... Be your Yourself!

Regardless the bike model/brand. No matter how good/fast the bike is. Without skills the bike is nothing.

Money is'nt everything, but without money, you're just nothing!

Link to post
Share on other sites

Just Recently, When I Wanted To Top Up My Radiator Water ( I Used Tap Water All The While) Sunrise Mechanic Said Its Ok To Use Tap Water..??? I Dunno..I Observed Black Colour Thing Leh..Like Engine Oil..Issit Engine Oil Went Through My Radiator..The Mechanic Said Its Ok...Only My Radiator Dirty...Any Comment...>?

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by markinto spyworld@January 12, 2007 04:50 pm

Just Recently, When I Wanted To Top Up My Radiator Water ( I Used Tap Water All The While) Sunrise Mechanic Said Its Ok To Use Tap Water..??? I Dunno..I Observed Black Colour Thing Leh..Like Engine Oil..Issit Engine Oil Went Through My Radiator..The Mechanic Said Its Ok...Only My Radiator Dirty...Any Comment...>?

Normally only coolant will go into engine oil. When tis happened, ur engine oil will become milk or mailo color, coolant level will drop too. :sweat:

Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm riding a x9 almafi.. Recently i encounter a problem. When i move off from stationary with a low RPM, the bike seems to be jerking ( like when u release the clutch too much and trottle too little ). It is worse when pillion ppl or going upslope. Is it normal to be like this? But when i got the bike at first such problem doesn't exist. What could be wrong? Can experienced x9 riders pls advise?

Max

SpecIII Rider

 

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/u0605382/SNC00042-1.jpg

 

http://www.speedtest.net/result/333285646.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by inspire85@January 12, 2007 09:55 pm

I'm riding a x9 almafi.. Recently i encounter a problem. When i move off from stationary with a low RPM, the bike seems to be jerking ( like when u release the clutch too much and trottle too little ). It is worse when pillion ppl or going upslope. Is it normal to be like this? But when i got the bike at first such problem doesn't exist. What could be wrong? Can experienced x9 riders pls advise?

Sound like clutch slip. Common problem in X9.

 

It is something like u rev high but bike don't seems to move a lot? :confused:

July 2004 to Nov 2006 X9 amalfi

Dec 2006 to Jan 2010 Honda SilverWing 400

Feb 2010 to Nov 2015 Honda Fit

Dec 2015 to Oct 2017 Toyota ISIS

Feb 2017 to May 2017 Honda ST1300

Jun 2017 onwards Honda Silverwing 400

 

http://img402.imageshack.us/img402/6333/image00076ka5.jpg

Link to post
Share on other sites

clutch? where's the clutch? haha~ i thot both break nia? sorry coz i'm noob... haha

http://coastline.chu.jp/Resources/zxr400.jpg

Be cool, Be smart... Be your Yourself!

Regardless the bike model/brand. No matter how good/fast the bike is. Without skills the bike is nothing.

Money is'nt everything, but without money, you're just nothing!

Link to post
Share on other sites

All X9 Bro, anyone hav contact of towing service??? my bike cant start 2day, n i need my bike to be tow by 2morow at 10am sharp due to work..... i hav called one, but i dun like the way he tok to me.....i guess he will make me wait more than 2hr, which i waited b4.... pls help.......

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by glenn@January 12, 2007 11:32 pm

All X9 Bro, anyone hav contact of towing service??? my bike cant start 2day, n i need my bike to be tow by 2morow at 10am sharp due to work..... i hav called one, but i dun like the way he tok to me.....i guess he will make me wait more than 2hr, which i waited b4.... pls help.......

Bikebulance 64255333

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by Simmz@January 12, 2007 11:28 pm

clutch? where's the clutch? haha~ i thot both break nia? sorry coz i'm noob... haha

its inside your transmission...

 

when the mech open your transmission...ask him to show it to you...

Don't mess with old farts. Age and treachery will always overcome youth and skill.

Bullshit and brilliance only come with age and experience.

 

Proud owner of an Opel Combo 1.7 DTI

Link to post
Share on other sites
Originally posted by patriots@January 12, 2007 10:21 pm

Sound like clutch slip. Common problem in X9.

 

It is something like u rev high but bike don't seems to move a lot? :confused:

not really.. When i trottle hard the jerking disappear.. Only when moving off stationary or moving up slope den it happens.. If it's a clutch slip how much will it take to repair?

Max

SpecIII Rider

 

http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk53/u0605382/SNC00042-1.jpg

 

http://www.speedtest.net/result/333285646.png

Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.



×
×
  • Create New...