SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Safety officer

ET

Wah, you so fast got it already ? Think they knew you are a high flyer...

No lah. Like I said, just make sure the documents are proper mah. Anyway for SD students, I think they also consult the MOM lecturers cos one of my lecturer from MOM called me just before I get to congrats me and tell mecdon't disappoint him. So make me think he got give feedback. I don't know, just assuming.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Guest aircraft
No lah. Like I said, just make sure the documents are proper mah. Anyway for SD students, I think they also consult the MOM lecturers cos one of my lecturer from MOM called me just before I get to congrats me and tell mecdon't disappoint him. So make me think he got give feedback. I don't know, just assuming.

Ya Lah, like i said, you high flyer mah... which MOM lecturer ? Lee or Lim ?

hey all, i have some qns..the psb academy bachelor in occupational safety and health and environment, is it recognised in other countries? or they still need nebosh? this bachelor issit easy to study?or is extremely difficult?

Actually whether degree or Nebosh, depend on the country and company. No fix rule. Like in Sg, it is not the cert that allows you to work but the "licence". Companies don't really care whether you have SOTC, SDWSH, degree or masters. They only need you to be registered by MOM. Dounno whether in other countries they have same requirements that safety officers must be registered or not.

hey all, i have some qns..the psb academy bachelor in occupational safety and health and environment, is it recognised in other countries? or they still need nebosh? this bachelor issit easy to study?or is extremely difficult?

Actually whether degree or Nebosh, depend on the country and company. No fix rule. Like in Sg, it is not the cert that allows you to work but the "licence". Companies don't really care whether you have SOTC, SDWSH, degree or masters. They only need you to be registered by MOM. Dounno whether in other countries they have same requirements that safety officers must be registered or not.

most degree programs aren't that "difficult" or complex if u put your heart into it and study n revise well.even the simplest degree program u take at less well-known private institutions can fail if u dun study hard enough.in our line of work, having a degree can mean higher salary n maybe a management post n if u were to work in factories, hospitals, research institutions, the degree will come in handy

Do not trouble trouble unless trouble troubles you

Yes in malaysia

most degree programs aren't that "difficult" or complex if u put your heart into it and study n revise well.even the simplest degree program u take at less well-known private institutions can fail if u dun study hard enough.in our line of work, having a degree can mean higher salary n maybe a management post n if u were to work in factories, hospitals, research institutions, the degree will come in handy

i would want to go n study for this degree program but im worried that it will affect my results due to my heavy workload in the company.. does this degree have the honours like 1st and 2nd upper and lower honours or not?

can you roughly tell me having this degree and being a RSO how much can one command for the pay with 4 years of safety experience? so that next time i know how to quote my salary..

thanks alot..

hello guys, need some guidelines here. i'm sending out my resume soon but i'm not so sure on how much should i quote for expected salary. as far as i know, different industries hv different pay scales. under-quote will rugi. over-quote and they might not even consider my application. so kinda tricky here. anyway i have no experience yet. but the certs that i've obtained are:

1)Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health (Level B)

2)Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health (Level A)

3)Oil/Petrochemical Supervisor Safety Course (OPSS)

4)Shipyard Supervisor Safety Course (SSSC)

5)Building/Construction Supervisor Safety Course (BCSS)

6)Confined Space Safety Assessor Course (CSSA)

7)Lifting Supervisor Course

8)Risk Management Course (Bizsafe Level 2)

9)Occupational First Aid Course (OFA)

10)Signalmen Course

11)Riggers Course

so how much should i quote when applying for construction, oil/petrolchem n marine company? thanks alot in advance guys. have a great weekend!!

- Live & Let Die -

hello guys, need some guidelines here. i'm sending out my resume soon but i'm not so sure on how much should i quote for expected salary. as far as i know, different industries hv different pay scales. under-quote will rugi. over-quote and they might not even consider my application. so kinda tricky here. anyway i have no experience yet. but the certs that i've obtained are:

1)Advanced Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health (Level B)

2)Certificate in Workplace Safety & Health (Level A)

3)Oil/Petrochemical Supervisor Safety Course (OPSS)

4)Shipyard Supervisor Safety Course (SSSC)

5)Building/Construction Supervisor Safety Course (BCSS)

6)Confined Space Safety Assessor Course (CSSA)

7)Lifting Supervisor Course

8)Risk Management Course (Bizsafe Level 2)

9)Occupational First Aid Course (OFA)

10)Signalmen Course

11)Riggers Course

so how much should i quote when applying for construction, oil/petrolchem n marine company? thanks alot in advance guys. have a great weekend!!

please read previous pages. the ppl in the forum have discussed on it.

you want another round?

ok. pls answer the following questions:

1. what are you doing now?

2. what is your current position and work scope?

3. how much are you paid for what you do now?

4. is this your first wsho job?

5. what industry experience or background you have?

6. how much is your expected salary?

7. what are you looking for in a new job?

8. what position are you applying for?

9. besides the paper cert, what other projects have you been involved?

10. any safety achievements?

regards,

cstay66

hp 9459 5300

read my love-hate relationship with my wee.

http://www.singaporebikes.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2305336&postcount=35

1987-kawasaki gto 110, 1990-honda rebel 250, 2004-suzuki vstrom dl650, 2009-yamaha fjr 1300, 2011-kawasaki er6f

I notice . If you enter into WSH industry Is better to have at least a diploma , rather then holding a few safety certificate , As is very common now adays.. I'm currently a Diploma holder, On the way of completing my Engineering Degree soon ..

Guest aircraft
I notice . If you enter into WSH industry Is better to have at least a diploma , rather then holding a few safety certificate , As is very common now adays.. I'm currently a Diploma holder, On the way of completing my Engineering Degree soon ..

Congrats, with hard work, you are well positioned to succeed.

i would want to go n study for this degree program but im worried that it will affect my results due to my heavy workload in the company.. does this degree have the honours like 1st and 2nd upper and lower honours or not?

can you roughly tell me having this degree and being a RSO how much can one command for the pay with 4 years of safety experience? so that next time i know how to quote my salary..

thanks alot..

Hi guys, anyone working in PPL Shipyard or any encounter of PPL Shipyard of an Assistant Safety officer.

Any comments. Any prospect.

Thanks.

long hrs..daily VSCC meeting.confined space work on a regular basis.average salary..

Do not trouble trouble unless trouble troubles you

guys,

any of u heard of the company air system technology? how is the company?

any reviews?

cheers

skazuz

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

acmv coy...look it up on the Web.havent heard of it much

Their website is not update..

cheers

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

Guest aircraft
then u pretty much have an idea how the coy's like...

Good and Bad. Good is that the management is sleeping or Bo Chap because they didnt notice or dont care that its not updated. So if you work for them, you can also sleep or Bo Chap.

Bad is that both Sleeping on the job and Bo Chap is bad for safety.

ok..ma turn...currently, Im werking in a shiprepair/shipbuilding company....bond ending early next yr...also Im a RSO, got Hotwork and Confined Space accessor, occupational first aid etc...wondering if deres a chance to learn n be a trainer in future?

hi bro. i remembered u posting way back in 2008 that ure going for interview with k*****. i reckon ure still there now and completing ur bond soon.

just to enquire, are u taken back then on the management trainee system? meaning to say u bond for 3 yrs, they send u for courses n give on site experience n by 3 yrs u'd be a rso right?

do they still employ ppl based on that system now? cos i think i'm similar with u now like how u were close to 3 yrs back. fresh frm ns. local poly dip grad with engineering background. currently now i'm taking up courses so as not to waste time. i'd like to ask as to what position will i start frm if they hire me? supervisor, trainee rso? i'm completing my wsh level B by early january. and how much shud i quote for salary?

i hope u can really help me out abit bro as u've experienced it urself. thank you so much and happy waiting for the highly anticipated bonus soon! haha! hv a gd day ahead!

- Live & Let Die -