SingaporeBikes.com Telegram Now LIVE! Join NOW for the Last Reviews, News, Promotions & Offers in Singapore! ×
  • Join SingaporeBikes.com today! Where Singapore Bikers Unite!

Thank you for visiting SingaporeBikes.com - the largest website in Singapore dedicated to all things related to motorcycles and biking in general.

Join us today as a member to enjoy all the features of the website for FREE such as:

Registering is free and takes less than 30 seconds! Join us today to share information, discuss about your modifications, and ask questions about your bike in general.

Thank you for being a part of SingaporeBikes.com!

Safety officer

ET

Hi Bro,

always ask yourself this?

Will this contract be fair to you down the road maybe one year later?(assuming the contract 2 to 4 years)

Cos I see people starting sign contract be'cos the think fair lah. Like you say, within expected salary and can OT cos basically when starting they got no or not much experience.

After along the way, they upgrade, take up other courses themselves like lifting, confined space, scaffolding, whatever. Then they other safety personnel performance not as good especially those old bird too long in the position.

Then they start to feel "short-change" and demoralise b'cos got bond cannot leave or else kenna pay 6 months of 1 year salary in lieu.

So whatever you do, you must be careful. Personally, if the company only provide you job, then don't sign any bond.

Also, if company tell you they can help you get safety officer so must kenna bond, DON'T believe. To go for SDWSH course, you need your own credentials, not your company. to pass the SDWSH course is your own effect, no company can tell Ngee ann, SP or BCA to pass you. To get register from MOM, also your own credential. No company can tell or write to MOM say must give you register.

Cheers

Sex Kid

Hey Bro

Thanks for the advice. Will take note of it .:cheers: . Anyway 'coffee Session" sounds good. Will try sending in my resume to some consultancy firm. See whats the respond.

Thanks!

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hey Bro

Thanks for the advice. Will take note of it .:cheers: . Anyway 'coffee Session" sounds good. Will try sending in my resume to some consultancy firm. See whats the respond.

Thanks!

yeah coffee sessions sounds very gd indeed. to bro sex kid, if u intend to do so, dun hesitate to inform us. it's a gd way to learn more from an old bird. haha.

anw i still got quite a long way to go in terms of taking up courses. so far hv only completed signalmen. but i've booked for all e impt courses back-to-back so as not to waste time. if everything goes well, by end of this yr will be so called 'cert-ready'.

but for now, gotta brace myself for the back to school feeling. 2yrs ns make my brain dead already. haha.

- Live & Let Die -

yeah coffee sessions sounds very gd indeed. to bro sex kid, if u intend to do so, dun hesitate to inform us. it's a gd way to learn more from an old bird. haha.

anw i still got quite a long way to go in terms of taking up courses. so far hv only completed signalmen. but i've booked for all e impt courses back-to-back so as not to waste time. if everything goes well, by end of this yr will be so called 'cert-ready'.

but for now, gotta brace myself for the back to school feeling. 2yrs ns make my brain dead already. haha.

I already have coffee session with bro prankster and his friend last week. They also already send me CVs.

Anybody want to have coffee session with me, one on one, or make big group also can. Just let me know in advance so I can tell my OC don't cook, or else at night wait sleep on floor leh.:angel:

Cheers

Sex Kid

I already have coffee session with bro prankster and his friend last week. They also already send me CVs.

Anybody want to have coffee session with me, one on one, or make big group also can. Just let me know in advance so I can tell my OC don't cook, or else at night wait sleep on floor leh.:angel:

Cheers

Sex Kid

even if your OC cook we just join in eat together lo! hee!

anyway, ever heard of who anyone got their WSHO registration without fulfilling the criteria on the number of years of experience?? What kind of weightage will a company recommendation letter have on the result of the registration?? Thanks in advance Bros!! Safety First!

even if your OC cook we just join in eat together lo! hee!

anyway, ever heard of who anyone got their WSHO registration without fulfilling the criteria on the number of years of experience?? What kind of weightage will a company recommendation letter have on the result of the registration?? Thanks in advance Bros!! Safety First!

Cannot admit in public lah. How can I tell you I take BCSS in 2007, take coordinator in 2008 and take SDWSH in 2009, and take GCWSH in 2010? Correct or not?

cheers

Sex Kid

Edited by Sex Kid

Guest aircraft
"no one is stopping you from achieving your target. All i say is "you sound like one of your boss in the consultancy branch." because i happen to "know" one of the boss in safety@work."

Few years ago i was in training and i know how consultants work/recruit. They like to collect resumes- nothing wrong. In fact when I worked for employment agency in Jurong East, they have many many resumes- again nothing wrong. So when I see people collect resumes I feel......

In fact it was the boss from safety@work who got me this job. I knew him when he dealt with my ex-com few years back but now every different person. But he doesnt want to do anything with safety or work with people in singapore anymore. And I over the last few weeks i learnt why.

Very strange- he paid the internet service provider to stop facebook being accessed from the office! He says he hates internet.

See ya

Maybe he only hates facebook and not internet per se, I saw 1 of your boss part take in Linked-in.

oh.. additional..

Once, my site had alot of fluorescent lamps broken. I told my jap boss about the root cause of the issue. The mobile scaffold, which is erected to almost the height of the beams, are accidentally knocking into the lamps. I suggested to him, why not drill a hook on the condeck (ceiling) to hang the lamps, since some of the lamps are also damaged by the spraying of vermiculite (a fire retardant) on the beams.

His reply is simple. He just stare at me and "You do ah?!"

Another time, I suggested to purchase a height rescue kit. Not going into details of the kit here, but I briefed him till every technical aspect of it. It cost $2500. He asked me.. "height rescue kit? can eat anot?" (sounds familiar?)

I simply reply, "cannot eat but can save lives".

End of the day, the height rescue kit till now not purchased. He is only interested in budget, money, work progress. Wait till somebody fall, die of suspension trauma, if needed then buy. Or if garmen say must buy, then buy.

What I'm trying to say is.. don't take words too hard. Wait blood vessels burst.. pain also pain yourself.

Agree... I also face about the same thing... But not that jialat lah... he just give me a big smile and I noe what he mean.. LOL.... I have created dozen of checklist blah blah blah... to 'enhance' the system which I know very clear it's not working...

Bro, like that join civil engineering project. got many hardcore you can also step. :p

joking lah.

But I sorry lah. My project need experience and knowledgeable people. Unless you can prove to me that you like me. today get cert, tomorrow start work in project and learn super fast (not boasting hor).

Maybe should arrange "coffee session" with you guys and can talk about it? Hmmm....

Sex Kid

HI Sex Kid,

I dont mind a coffee session. I know its hard to get a job without an experience. But i believe if someone give a chance to prove myself. i m sure i will try my best. =)

cheers

skazuz

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

Cannot admit in public lah. How can I tell you I take BCSS in 2007, take coordinator in 2008 and take SDWSH in 2009, and take GCWSH in 2010? Correct or not?

cheers

Sex Kid

i interested to know ma. i got spec dip but no 3yrs exp leh (my exp part abit chim to explain). thot of asking my boss write reference letter, so dunno can help in the registration or not lo.

I think I want to plan coffee session on Monday 6/9/10. Evening at Beach Road hawker centre, say about 7pm.

What you guys think?

Even got only 1 person, I still meet. Interested can PM me so I give you my number.

Sex Kid

Shd be able to make it. I can break my fast there too. Anyway i'll pm u my num .

Cheers

I think I want to plan coffee session on Monday 6/9/10. Evening at Beach Road hawker centre, say about 7pm.

What you guys think?

Even got only 1 person, I still meet. Interested can PM me so I give you my number.

Sex Kid

Damn can't make it. should let u know soon.

cheers

skazuz

Honda CRM 125-2004-2006

Yamaha X-1(Red)-2004-2009

Yamaha Spark 135-2006 june- 2007 jan

Yamaha Y125Z-2006-2008

Honda Super 4 spec 3(jan) 2007-2008 March

M.R.T -March 2008 till present

I want to do my apply basic maths & science in WSH topic. For OCt/Nov in Ngee Ann Poly. But they reject my application mention overwhelming response. Can i appeal to them? I hope i can complete this course by this year..

Try SP or BCA instead?

SafeSG.com - Bringing WSH Professionals Together

What you guys think?

Sex Kid

Eeww, doing my ACTA on Monday and Thursday...

I want to do my apply basic maths & science in WSH topic. For OCt/Nov in Ngee Ann Poly. But they reject my application mention overwhelming response. Can i appeal to them? I hope i can complete this course by this year..

Go down directly to Ngee Ann to appeal. Ask them how and what to do. This is what I thought my friend and he managed to get in, alresady completed and will be doing the November SDWSH course.

Cheers

Sex Kid

wow!! this thread is so alive and kicking! been busy the past few weeks n was surprised to see active discussions n the like...hey Sex Kid..hws the new job coming along?

Great! Really great!

So how come you didn't take my place?

Cheers

Sex Kid